Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Question about transferring bags and storing luggage with Bell Services...before our cruise this month we are staying at Coronado Springs and after the cruise we are staying at POFQ. Does anyone know if we can have a bag of things we won't need on the cruise transferred to POFQ and held by bell services until we return the following week? Just trying to cut down on items to be brought on the cruise.

TIA

Does anyone know if we can have a bag of things we won't need on the cruise transferred to POFQ and held by bell services until we return the following week?

Yes you can, make sure they know the details of when you are returning etc.

Andre

How do we go about moving resorts? We have a split stay between POFQ an ASMusic and on the day we're supposed to switch resorts I have a 9am BOMA breakfast. Will I need to check out before I go to Boma? Will they know to move my bags to ASMusic if I leave them with bell services?

How do we go about moving resorts? We have a split stay between POFQ an ASMusic and on the day we're supposed to switch resorts I have a 9am BOMA breakfast. Will I need to check out before I go to Boma? Will they know to move my bags to ASMusic if I leave them with bell services?

Yes, just check out and leave your bags at Bell Services and they can arrange the transfer for you. There's no need to go to the front desk though, as long as you've got automated checkout set up so any extra purchases/etc can be charged to your credit card.

Andre

Yes, just check out and leave your bags at Bell Services and they can arrange the transfer for you. There's no need to go to the front desk though, as long as you've got automated checkout set up so any extra purchases/etc can be charged to your credit card.

Andre
Can you explain automated check out please? Just having a credit card on file is enough?

Can you explain automated check out please? Just having a credit card on file is enough?

Nothing to explain really, you just leave at the end of your stay and anything you've charged to your room gets billed to your credit card overnight on your last night. You can have a paper folio left on your door in the morning, or more usually these days it just gets emailed to you. That's is really, it's very unusual to have to actually physically check out at the desk when your stay is done unless you've got any queries that need sorting out.

Andre

magic bands arrived yesterday...can't wait...first time staying at POFQ, but have done Riverside so have walked through to get beignets...This was DW's first resort choice ten years ago when we started planning our first trip, but because of lack of promotions in the past it was never what we booked...can't wait!

Got an email today confirming a room refurb during my stay 1st Jan to Spring 2018.

I forgot to repost that info here, sorry...

The planned dates for the upcoming Port Orleans French Quarter guest room soft-goods refurbishment project are as follows. Please remember that this schedule may be subject to minor changes:
  • Building 2 — Jan 6 – Feb 9, 2018
  • Building 3 — Jan 23 – Feb 25, 2018
  • Building 1 — Feb 10 – Mar 13, 2018
  • Building 5 — Feb 26 – Mar 31, 2018
  • Building 4 — Mar 14 – Apr 16, 2018
  • Building 6 — Apr 1 – May 4, 2018
  • Building 7 — Apr 17 – May 20, 2018
In order to minimise disruption the work will be undertaken on a floor-by-floor basis for each building, starting on the third floor and working down to the ground floor. There should be very little impact to guests staying in the other buildings, and no one will be allocated to a room on a floor that is currently under construction. However it is possible that guests may be allocated to rooms on other floors in the same building, depending on occupancy requirements at the time.

Port-Orleans-FQ-Map-Clean.gif

No further details or photos are available as yet, but the work will most likely include changing out the carpeting for hard wood-effect flooring, possibly adding a shutter of some sort between the bedroom and the vanity area, and other general decor and soft goods replacements including the addition of a larger Smart TV hung on the wall. I would be most surprised if we didn’t also see some of the added features that have been popping up at other resorts (for example Pop Century) such as USB charging sockets, extra storage options, etc. And if we are really lucky, perhaps something a little less stark than the plain-white bed linen that recently appeared at the resorts. Only time will tell.

Once French Quarter is complete, refurbishment will commence on Riverside’s Alligator Bayou section, and finally the Riverside Magnolia Bend mansion buildings will complete the project in 2019.

Andre

My son wants beignets however we are staying off site. Is it possible to park there for a few hours for breakfast and a walk around?

Does a twin air mattress fit in these rooms? TIA :)

Yes, you can fit a single size inflatable mattress in the room, although not a double.

My son wants beignets however we are staying off site. Is it possible to park there for a few hours for breakfast and a walk around?

Sure, just let the gatehouse know you are visiting the restaurant. They will probably ask for ID.

Andre

I got the refurbishment e-mail. We arrive for a week on January 20th, 2018. I guess we need to request to stay away from buildings 2 and 3.

We have a king room. Are those only in certain buildings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter