Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Well, because of the recent discounts, I have moved from POR to POFQ. This will be my first time staying here and I am super excited! And I can always mosey over to POR for a stroll if I so choose for old times sake.

Hi Andre:worship: Thank you for all you do on this forum!! Okay now my question. Hubby and I are celebrating our 20th and we are traveling April 9-17. We booked a King room. I saw the rehab info for the rooms and would like a newly rehabbed one. I was going to go with bldg. 6 but alas cutting it too close I think for new rooms. Which bldg. would you all suggest? I'm thinking 1 maybe. Even if I get a standard it's not awful (I think)...What are your suggestions? Thanks!!

Nothing to explain really, you just leave at the end of your stay and anything you've charged to your room gets billed to your credit card overnight on your last night. You can have a paper folio left on your door in the morning, or more usually these days it just gets emailed to you. That's is really, it's very unusual to have to actually physically check out at the desk when your stay is done unless you've got any queries that need sorting out.

Andre
I have found that it is "hit or miss" that the final bill gets emailed. I usually try to ask about it the night before check out if I want a detailed list.

Hi Andre:worship: Thank you for all you do on this forum!! Okay now my question. Hubby and I are celebrating our 20th and we are traveling April 9-17. We booked a King room. I saw the rehab info for the rooms and would like a newly rehabbed one. I was going to go with bldg. 6 but alas cutting it too close I think for new rooms. Which bldg. would you all suggest? I'm thinking 1 maybe. Even if I get a standard it's not awful (I think)...What are your suggestions? Thanks!!

Ask for what you want - a rehabbed room - rather than a building number.

We just took advantage of the new discount offer and switched from a pool view at POR to a river view at POFQ. Our travel dates are Mar. 27-April 7. We would like to avoid smoking areas, the boat dock, and parking lots/traffic noise. Is there a specific building that we should request? Thanks for any help.

We just took advantage of the new discount offer and switched from a pool view at POR to a river view at POFQ. Our travel dates are Mar. 27-April 7. We would like to avoid smoking areas, the boat dock, and parking lots/traffic noise. Is there a specific building that we should request? Thanks for any help.
River View will not overlook the parking lots or the main road at the resort . If you want to avoid the boat dock request not to be in building 2. There are various smoking but they haven't been near any of our river view rooms. Your best bet would be buildings 6 or 7 as they are the furthest from the dock.If you haven't yet take a look at the resort map. It shows the smoking areas.

It's my dream to stay at POFQ :lovestruc

However, my budget does not agree :worried:

We can only travel at peak times and I'm looking at the week of Thanksgiving 2018. The next option would be the last week of March 2019. Can I expect any room only discounts or possibly travel agents with agency exclusives? I'm wondering if I should just move on and plan to stay at an All Star resort?

I feel bad asking different agents for quotes and then not using them because it always come out high, but I'm not sure how else to shop around.

Thanks!

Just booked POFQ for March 2018! We booked the pool view because of the discount. I am concerned the pool view rooms will be noisy. Has anyone stayed in these rooms that can speak to how noisy they are?

Just booked POFQ for March 2018! We booked the pool view because of the discount. I am concerned the pool view rooms will be noisy. Has anyone stayed in these rooms that can speak to how noisy they are?
We had one a few trips ago. Wasn't very noisy, and now the pool is no longer open 24hrs. The only issue might be if you need the room in the afternoon for naps. That's when the pool parties are going on plus the most people . POFQ only has the main pool and they lock the gates. Quiet pools at other resorts are still open 24/7 .

Online Check-In today! Only options were Corner Room, Ground Floor, Near Transportation. Not really worried though, I'm faxing in my requests as well.

Are there standard view rooms in all buildings?
I believe 2, 5 and 6 have no standard view rooms since they do not have a parking lot next to them. You can double check the building maps at www.portorleans.org . All buildings have garden view and king bed rooms.Only 2 & 5 have pool and 1,2,5,6 & 7 have river.

Online Check-In today! Only options were Corner Room, Ground Floor, Near Transportation. Not really worried though, I'm faxing in my requests as well.

That's the normal selection for Online Checkin requests. There is no re-form text box, so yes you are better to also fax a few days before you arrive.

Are there standard view rooms in all buildings?

Only in the buildings that face out over the parking lots (so 1, 3, 4 and 7). See my floorplan maps at http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-accommodation.php for full details.

Andre

Only face-sized ones though, like you can buy in the gift shop. Some of the old parade props are still placed above the doors etc, but not the scary ones.

Andre

Right. I'm talking about the huge scary ones that used to watch you eat lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter