Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I hadn't even thought about the lack of clocks. We haven't used one at home in years either, so it's totally normal for me to need to pick up my phone to know the time.
Try this I wake up at 04:30 every morning 7 days a week to hold reveille for platoons I no longer have. Last trip to FQ I was out taking pictures at 05:00 and the restaurant workers getting started invited me in for breakfast. I drive baby girl crazy with this.

I’m SO happy I found this thread! We are planning our first WDW trip, and are seriously considering POFQ! We are Disneyland vets, and are a little overwhelmed with how much more planning we will need to do. We are obsessed with planning! Hahah But it pays off, as My DD was able to Open the DL park at our last Christmas visit. I’m looking for all information about POFQ. I feel like for the price point, this is our best bet! Our trip will be November 23-November 30 2018, as this was our most favorite time to go Home to DL. We are driving from our home state of TX, so any information about the bus situation and how they work, getting you to the park for Rope Drop would be appreciated!!! Does anyone have any favorite room locations? We should be putting that deposit in the next few days (pending vacation approval from DH) I’m SO EXCITED Y’ALL
Oh I hope you have a great time on your first visit to WDW! Our next trip will be our first stay at POFQ :cheer2:

I would like to take the time to thank all of you for your wonderful advice. We loved every moment spent at POFQ, ESP with the Christmas decor! Such a relaxing, beautiful resort. It never felt crowded or overwhelming like at the values. The options at the food court were divine! A very much needed change up from our usual stays at Pop. Will be returning to pofq next year!

Hi! Looking forward to our trip to POFQ for the first time in Feb. Does anyone know if they're still offering the gift card in return for declining housekeeping?

New to the thread, so apologies if this question has been asked. Do the beignets live up to the hype? I recently read a Disneytouristblog review where Tom says they're good, but aren't really beignets. I'm sure they taste delicious no matter what or else they wouldn't be so popular, but are they like the authentic beignets you get in New Orleans?

New to the thread, so apologies if this question has been asked. Do the beignets live up to the hype? I recently read a Disneytouristblog review where Tom says they're good, but aren't really beignets. I'm sure they taste delicious no matter what or else they wouldn't be so popular, but are they like the authentic beignets you get in New Orleans?
Honestly no. I rarely seem to agree with the Disney bloggers but I gotta agree this time. I don't think they were anything like beignets I had in New Orleans.

New to the thread, so apologies if this question has been asked. Do the beignets live up to the hype?

No.

I recently read a Disneytouristblog review where Tom says they're good, but aren't really beignets.

Agreed.

I'm sure they taste delicious no matter what or else they wouldn't be so popular, but are they like the authentic beignets you get in New Orleans?

Not even close.

Hi! Looking forward to our trip to POFQ for the first time in Feb. Does anyone know if they're still offering the gift card in return for declining housekeeping?
They were offering it 4 weeks ago. It was $10.00 for every night of your stay minus 1. If you stayed 7 nights you were offered $60.00. We stayed 7 night & passed as it was worth getting the room done for us. If it had been $20.00 the answer might have been different.

We're here now and I asked at the front desk about the housekeeping gift card. They were very happy to offer it. They don't clean the room at five days anymore.

They don't taste like beignets in New Orleans but I still think they're worth a try! They're hot and fresh and covered in powdered sugar. Hard to go wrong, really.

They don't taste like beignets in New Orleans but I still think they're worth a try! They're hot and fresh and covered in powdered sugar. Hard to go wrong, really.
I do agree, they are worth trying. The only thing I wouldn't do is make a trip to FQ just to have some. And sometimes the lines to get them can get excessive. I wouldn't hold up your plans for the day to wait in the line to get them either. Order them when you don't see a huge line

I do agree, they are worth trying. The only thing I wouldn't do is make a trip to FQ just to have some. And sometimes the lines to get them can get excessive. I wouldn't hold up your plans for the day to wait in the line to get them either. Order them when you don't see a huge line
We're staying at POR so we were planning on walking over one morning just to try them. It's a bit disappointing that they aren't like the ones in New Orleans though

We're staying at POR so we were planning on walking over one morning just to try them. It's a bit disappointing that they aren't like the ones in New Orleans though
They are just too dense. For lack of better explanation of where the fail.

But, that's a lovely walk so worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter