Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

So after looking at our budget and doing some research we decided to go with a river view room at POFQ over ASMo for our trip in July.(Thanks to this board and being able to save with DGC's) Reading all the reviews on here have been super helpful as well. We will be myself, wife, daughter (5) and son (18mo). I guess my question is, is the resort as small as I've been reading? We've stayed a few years ago at AoA and loved the theming, but the walk from our little mermaid room to the buses got to be exhausting after the first time. Since we go in the summer we usually go back to the room in the afternoon, so we're hoping that at POFQ the walls won't be quite as long even though we've never stayed at the All Star resorts. Also, how is the room size for fitting a crib/pack n play? Thanks so much!

Yes, the resort property is very small. It’s was actually smaller than I was expecting (I just returned yesterday). I’ve also stayed at Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid building and the lobby/busses would have been a closer walk from my house in Canada! 😂

The rooms are a good size and will easily accommodate a pack n play. I had a scooter parked in the room and never had to move the small round table and chairs. In the value resorts, I always need to ask Mousekeeping to remove at least one chair to be able to squish the scooter in.

Yes, the resort property is very small. It’s was actually smaller than I was expecting (I just returned yesterday). I’ve also stayed at Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid building and the lobby/busses would have been a closer walk from my house in Canada! 😂

The rooms are a good size and will easily accommodate a pack n play. I had a scooter parked in the room and never had to move the small round table and chairs. In the value resorts, I always need to ask Mousekeeping to remove at least one chair to be able to squish the scooter in.
Thank you, we feel better about making the change! We're used to taking long family walks and hikes and for some reason we still talk about how far it was from our room to the buses. It will be our first time in a resort that isn't a value or non property, so we're excited to experience POFQ!

Great day today at Port Orleans. Mardi Gras parade was just great fun. Watched it from the river at the end of Building 5 and then went down the street to the courtyard and watched it again. Theme was “Blast from the Magic Past” and had floats from old Epcot, Toontown Fair, Mr. Toad (lifeguards were great), Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade, Osborne Family Lights, Spectromaic, Wishes, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Cast members gave out lots of beads and candy. The jazz band was nothing but pure entertainment, as were all the cast members. Great, responsive crowds. Both Tiana and Naveen rode in a carriage.

Evening festivities at the FQ courtyard were also good and well organized (even after a light shower). Characters included Louis and Dr. Facilier. Both supposedly rarely seen. Can’t wait until next year.

I just switched our April trip to Port Orleans FQ from AofA! Saved $253 with the switch with my AP discount since POFQ was back on the available resorts this morning!

I am excited, I've always wanted to try French Quarter but it's usually never available with an AP discount! Now I need to find out more about the resort, if you have any tips please let me know! We have a Garden view room.

Have stayed many times at POR but staying at French Quarter in September. Envious of those whose trips are sooner.

Can anyone answer? If you are staying in Building 3 where I put the X on the map, would there be a way to walk through building 3 to get to the main lobby, or would you need to walk around the entire building 3 to get around it?476973

Can anyone answer? If you are staying in Building 3 where I put the X on the map, would there be a way to walk through building 3 to get to the main lobby, or would you need to walk around the entire building 3 to get around it?

There are cut-throughs in all of the POFQ buildings, and exterior walkways around the outsides too . It's a very easy walk.

Andre

Can anyone answer? If you are staying in Building 3 where I put the X on the map, would there be a way to walk through building 3 to get to the main lobby, or would you need to walk around the entire building 3 to get around it?View attachment 476973

You would not need to walk around the building. You would be able to walk on a straight line from your X to the blue Jackson Square pin.

There are cut-throughs in all of the POFQ buildings, and exterior walkways around the outsides too . It's a very easy walk.

Andre
You would not need to walk around the building. You would be able to walk on a straight line from your X to the blue Jackson Square pin.

That's great, wish I could see. I will see if I can pull up a youtube tour but so glad to hear this.

That's great, wish I could see. I will see if I can pull up a youtube tour but so glad to hear this.
Couldn't find a picture but in RED i marked the three paths you can take
pV1S8aY.jpg

I8seWRP.jpg

Last edited:
Question, does anyone have any suggestions as to best building to request? I assume as with most Disney properties, the top floor would be the quietest?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter