Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

You can also walk straight underneath the building instead of zig zagging like you show.
You are correct. That's why I used two different images - one to show a straight path, one to show a different one. But thank you for pointing that out.
Question, does anyone have any suggestions as to best building to request? I assume as with most Disney properties, the top floor would be the quietest?
Top floor is usually quietest. Best building to request is 6.

Question, does anyone have any suggestions as to best building to request? I assume as with most Disney properties, the top floor would be the quietest?
We were in 5123 ground floor with a river view, corner king room. I can't say I even heard our neighbors. Heard the door a couple times, but that was the housekeeper. We very rarely even had anyone walk in front of our room as well.

we stayed in Bldg 4, Garden View, top floor. perfect! close to food court, bus stop was behind the back of the building.

Closing in on 2 months until my solo, first-time trip to WDW, and my stay at POFQ. Man, oh man, I can hardly wait. I've practically been packed for months!
Tuesday I make my fast pass requests and soon I'll be getting luggage tags and magic band in the mail, right?
I have a ticket to Cirque Du Soleil for the Saturday I arrive and then it's the parks for a week. What a way to celebrate turning 65!

In your opinion, why is building 6 the best? I read somewhere that 2 was good since it was close to food and pool. I’ve been doing research for our stay in May.

So, I share StageTek's opinion that Building 6 is the best, because I love the frog fountain near it. I also like that side of the resort (the 4/5/6/7 side) more than the 1/2/3 side. Why? Don't know.

Honestly, there is NO worst building. With the caveat that I am a fast walker, the walk from from Building 7 (closest to Riverside) to the food court or the pool takes maybe 3 minutes. If you're in building 2, it would take maybe 2 minutes. It's hard to convey in text how easy it is to get from one place to another. I really would not sweat what building you're in...unless you like the fountains or the trees in one section versus another.

Hi Guys!

Are there microwaves in the rooms?
as others have responded, no not in rooms but if you request one for medical reasons, they will bring one to your room if they have one available. I have significant dietary restrictions and was able to get one brought to our room. Fit nicely under the TV
Screenshot_20200227-143129_Gallery.jpg

So, I share StageTek's opinion that Building 6 is the best, because I love the frog fountain near it. I also like that side of the resort (the 4/5/6/7 side) more than the 1/2/3 side. Why? Don't know.

Honestly, there is NO worst building. With the caveat that I am a fast walker, the walk from from Building 7 (closest to Riverside) to the food court or the pool takes maybe 3 minutes. If you're in building 2, it would take maybe 2 minutes. It's hard to convey in text how easy it is to get from one place to another. I really would not sweat what building you're in...unless you like the fountains or the trees in one section versus another.
Thanks! I’ll have a garden view and will probably request the top floor. Thanks for the info!

Do you send in room requests by fax or phone? I started online check in for our garden view room but the only options are near transportation or corner room. I'd like to request building 4 so we are close to the parking lot and food court area.

In your opinion, why is building 6 the best? I read somewhere that 2 was good since it was close to food and pool. I’ve been doing research for our stay in May.
It's not on a well walked path - just a little out of the way - so it's quieter. I love walking past the Frog Fountain to get to the buses. I like being closer to the river than the pool or major walkway to the food court and buses. Building 6 isn't close to the parking lot - which I don't like at all.

Do you send in room requests by fax or phone?

Both. Phone requests can be added to your booking on the system at any time, and will be done by the Disney Reservations Center. Fax requests are useful if you want to provide more detail than someone typing a few words in a computer form, and should be sent about 30 days out. They go more directly to the room inventory team.

Andre

Thanks! I’ll have a garden view and will probably request the top floor. Thanks for the info!

We do as well, I also plan on requesting a corner room as it seems that they have an extra window. I always request top floor as those are usually quieter.

Has anyone been able to get a discount applied to their POFQ reservation when no rooms are listed if you tested it as a brand new trip? We booked at rack rate as soon as possible. Now Sun&Fun room discounts are appearing, but nothing is available for POFQ so I was guessing the discount wouldn't be applied with a call.

Hi Everyone!

We fly out tomorrow night! I wanted to know if the pools are heated? The entire time we are going to be there it's only going to be high 60s, low 70s 😭😭😭 I'm super bummed. Can we expect to be swimming during this time?

Does anyone have any recent ME experience? I'm wondering how long it will take us to get from the airport to the resort and how many stops we'll make before POFQ. We land at 8:50 Friday night.

Has anyone been able to get a discount applied to their POFQ reservation when no rooms are listed if you tested it as a brand new trip? We booked at rack rate as soon as possible. Now Sun&Fun room discounts are appearing, but nothing is available for POFQ so I was guessing the discount wouldn't be applied with a call.

I saw that POFQ was in the list of the discounts at the very beginning of the Sun&Fun for AP holders, maybe a few weeks ago(?) and was about $5 more than Riverside, but I haven’t seen that again. I ended up with All Star Movies, since it was $100/night less and this is a more budget trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter