Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Good to know. I’m the opposite to many, I hate how my hair feels like when using the H2O products so I was hoping they were now offering another brand (probably the worst brand I ever tried). I guess I’ll pack our own products this December.

I always forget that WDW has “softer” water than we do at home; as a result, shampoo, and soap suds up really well, and conditioner feels “slicker” to me.

It’s almost a guarantee that on my first night at WDW, you’ll hear me hollering from the shower about how I forgot again! 🤣

H2O+, maker of hair and skincare products featured at Disney Parks & Resorts as well as Disney Cruise Line, has announced that they're retiring the brand at the end of 2022. The brand is no longer accepting new orders on their website, with remaining stock being sold on Amazon.Aug 22, 2022

***these products are going away****

Thank you so much! I love these products and was able to buy 2 of the last bottles of shampoo. Maybe WDW has a supply to last for decades!
H2O+, maker of hair and skincare products featured at Disney Parks & Resorts as well as Disney Cruise Line, has announced that they're retiring the brand at the end of 2022. The brand is no longer accepting new orders on their website, with remaining stock being sold on Amazon.Aug 22, 2022

What is the earliest time you could reasonably get to Topolino's Terrace from POFQ using Disney transportation? I assume the best route is bus to HS and then skyliner?

I know it's a hard to get reservation, so I might not have a choice of times, but want a general idea to see if it's worth it for our family to try to snag a reservation.

What is the earliest time you could reasonably get to Topolino's Terrace from POFQ using Disney transportation? I assume the best route is bus to HS and then skyliner?

I know it's a hard to get reservation, so I might not have a choice of times, but want a general idea to see if it's worth it for our family to try to snag a reservation.
If it's breakfast take an Uber...if you have time to play with you can take the bus or boat to the springs and get a bus from there...
I was there in January and on a couple occasions the first busses from FQ also stopped at riverside...kind of a risk if you're pressed for time in the AM.

If it's breakfast take an Uber...if you have time to play with you can take the bus or boat to the springs and get a bus from there...
I was there in January and on a couple occasions the first busses from FQ also stopped at riverside...kind of a risk if you're pressed for time in the AM.
Looking at breakfast. We need two car seats so unfortunately the only options are Disney transport or Minnie van. Minnie van is probably the best option, but it's a hard cost to swallow on top of an already pricey character breakfast!

Looking at breakfast. We need two car seats so unfortunately the only options are Disney transport or Minnie van. Minnie van is probably the best option, but it's a hard cost to swallow on top of an already pricey character breakfast!
Yes..but its among the best breakfasts and character meet...we did it on our last day before heading out to MCO.
As for the original question given the car seat situation the boats to springs start at 10am.
If you take the bus to Studios and then the Skyliner...which I love..busses usually start coming 45 minutes before park opening. Best of luck! Love French quarter.

We just booked a last minute trip to celebrate my birthday in just 3 1/2 weeks! POFQ was one of our favorite resorts and had a more affordable price point than Beach Club, so that's where we're staying. When I booked, the CM mentioned that the rooms had been recently renovated and had furniture with thinner frames and luggage space underneath the beds. Can someone point me to a post with pics? The last time we were at POFQ was 2017, I think.

Looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations still up around the parks!

We just booked a last minute trip to celebrate my birthday in just 3 1/2 weeks! POFQ was one of our favorite resorts and had a more affordable price point than Beach Club, so that's where we're staying. When I booked, the CM mentioned that the rooms had been recently renovated and had furniture with thinner frames and luggage space underneath the beds. Can someone point me to a post with pics? The last time we were at POFQ was 2017, I think.

Looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations still up around the parks!
Just got back from POFQ..sorry I don't have pictures but the beds were higher and there was plenty of room under the beds for our suitcases.

These pictures don't really show the underside of the beds, but these are pics of my room in September.

Attachments

• 20220924_191224.jpg
    20220924_191224.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220924_191237.jpg
    20220924_191237.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 39
Here now at POFQ. We love this resort and it's our second favorite, after AKL, which we've pretty much been priced out of.

We've been here since last Tuesday and have had trash + towel housekeeping exactly once, last Thursday. We did NOT opt out of housekeeping.

We should have had housekeeping, such as it is, at least two more times by now, but we have not. We just got back to the room and were quite surprised that yet again no housekeeping.

I called and asked housekeeping to come and give us towels and take out the trash, which I'm not sure they're going to do. I may have to take out the trash myself.

I didn't speak to housekeeping. I spoke to someone who answered the "Disney Services" phone line. This person said she'd contact housekeeping. There is no "housekeeping" button on the phone.

I'm unamused as I intended to wash my hair tonight, except I don't have enough towels until housekeeping shows up.

So discouraging. I realize that Disney is very short-staffed, but, really, for $300+/night there should be some kind of housekeeping service. One of the reasons we've run out of towels is that we've had to use them to clean the sinks and floor in the bathroom area, not exactly something I'm enthusiastic to do while I'm on vacation.

I have many nice things to say about POFQ. It's a beautiful resort, the bus service is great, the rooms are lovely, the boat rides are fun, etc., etc., etc.

But if there's this level of non-housekeeping they should either tell you up front that this is the case and/or lower the nightly cost of the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter