Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We'll be there in 48 hours!!! :cool1:

So the day of our arrival is the night that our 20-yr-old son's favorite college team has their bowl game. He had thought he would go to the ESPN Club to watch the game, but I had to tell him that it had closed. Other than our room, is there anywhere else to watch games? We're don't drink, so I've never been in the bar at POFQ (or anywhere else at Disney, for that matter) to know if they have TVs. (That's one thing I absolutely love about being at Disney - the lack of TVs everywhere. It is part of the Disney bubble for me.) We have an ADR at Whispering Canyon for dinner and I want to go to see the gingerbread house at GF, but I'm happy to tell him where to go to find a group of folks watching the game. He knows how to get around with Disney transportation.
CityWorks at Disney Springs has TVs and Rix's Sports Bar & Grill at Coronado Springs does too.

Staying at POFQ for the first time for my 40th birthday in May! This is my favorite resort based on theming (the beignets help too), but it will be my first time getting to stay there. We booked a king room and I would love a river view. Does anyone know which building or even which specific room I should try requesting?

And, just to be sure, all the buildings have elevators correct? We were a bit surprised with Caribbean Beach did not have them.

And, just to be sure, all the buildings have elevators correct? We were a bit surprised with Caribbean Beach did not have them.
Yes, all the buildings at POFQ have elevators. But it's my impression that there's maybe only one elevator per building, and it may be at the other end of the building from your room. We ended up using the stairs during our stay, although we used the elevator to bring in and carry out our bags.

Staying at POFQ for the first time for my 40th birthday in May! This is my favorite resort based on theming (the beignets help too), but it will be my first time getting to stay there. We booked a king room and I would love a river view. Does anyone know which building or even which specific room I should try requesting?

Unless they've changed it in the past few years, you have to book the River View room to get it. We did several years ago (it was the only one available with the military discount that time) and we were in Building 5. It was close to the pool and the boat dock.

Unless they've changed it in the past few years, you have to book the River View room to get it. We did several years ago (it was the only one available with the military discount that time) and we were in Building 5. It was close to the pool and the boat dock.
I believe this is correct. River view is a separate category. At least it has been the last couple of times I booked--most recently last month.

Just back from a wonderful stay at POFQ! I think it's become our family's favorite resort.

We have a garden view room and my only room request was for a corner room because they just seem to be a smidge bigger. We were given a corner room in Building 7. It was right on the end of the building by the parking lot, next to the stairs. Super convenient! We just went down the stairs to and the walkway to the bus stops was right across the circle drive. It was very quiet. We took the boat to DS one day and that was probably the furthest point we walked to in the entire resort during our stay. The main building was easy to get to.

We had trash and towel service on our 2nd and 4th days (checked in Thursday, so Saturday and Monday).

The bus service was pretty good. We did wait quite awhile for an Animal Kingdom bus, which put us behind, but we had gotten a slower start than we should have anyway so it was our fault for cutting it too close. When we left AK, we were waiting for a bus back to FQ and a POR bus was sitting there waiting for guests and nobody ever came, so he called us over and dropped us at FQ on his way to pick up at POR. He was super nice and since I was wearing my birthday button, he played the announcement that it was someone's birthday on board, and also the one about there being royalty on board and said "and it's her birthday!" Even though the 4 of us were the only ones on board. Other than the one long wait for AK, we didn't wait too long for buses either in the morning or evening, and never once went over to POR for pick ups after leaving FQ.

We had a great time, but it was dampened by our trip home. One son either caught a stomach bug or food poisoning the night before we left, so he was sick all the way home. And my husband started to feel bad just before getting home and went to the doctor this morning and has a souvenir case of strep throat. My other son and I seem to have dodged both, fortunately.

I don't know when our next trip will be, but POFQ will definitely be high on our list for returning.

The king room is a separate category from standard and actually priced above river view. There are some king rooms with a river view (there are only a few of them in each building).

Unless they've changed it in the past few years, you have to book the River View room to get it.

King Bed rooms are located all around the resort (all corner rooms as it happens) and some have views over the river, which you could try requesting if you wish. However no rooms booked using the actual River View category have king beds, they are all two queens.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter