• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Kind of a weird question but does anyone know if the wheel is working again?

We are here since one week and it is not working

I just got home from POR last night and it wasn't going the entirety of our stay.:sad1:

A question from my son... Last time we were at POR was 4 years ago and at the make your own pasta station, they had pesto sauce. Does anyone know if that is still an option?
They still had it as of Tuesday!

I'm not sure the wheel worked once in the last few months. Anyone remember the last time it did?

It hasn't been running since before the very dry weather and Florida water shortages occurred earlier in the year, which was the reason they gave for it not working, but I don't know why it is still not running. I'll see what I can find out if it's still not running in two week's time though.

Andre

Today is our 30 days before we arrive. Can't wait to take the boat to Disney Springs, walk along the river to French Quarter, swim in the pools and check out the gift store. Oh, and can't forget about the parks! Don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 30 days ... so excited.!!!

Today is our 30 days before we arrive. Can't wait to take the boat to Disney Springs, walk along the river to French Quarter, swim in the pools and check out the gift store. Oh, and can't forget about the parks! Don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 30 days ... so excited.!!!
I'm there in 14 days for 6 nights. It is our first onsite stay since 2011.....SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I'm there in 14 days for 6 nights. It is our first onsite stay since 2011.....SO EXCITED!!!!!!

i think we arrive on the same day, also 6 nights. Our first stay at POR, i am SO. SO. EXCITED!

This is the first time I have a lot of resort time planned. Usually we're on big family trips and are at the parks all day, every day. This trip its just me and DD10 and since it will be so hot, I have a LOT of resort/swim time planned. Only 2 days will be full park days, the other 3 days we're just doing half days in the park.

i think we arrive on the same day, also 6 nights. Our first stay at POR, i am SO. SO. EXCITED!

This is the first time I have a lot of resort time planned. Usually we're on big family trips and are at the parks all day, every day. This trip its just me and DD10 and since it will be so hot, I have a LOT of resort/swim time planned. Only 2 days will be full park days, the other 3 days we're just doing half days in the park.
We get there August 19th. We stayed there before back in 2011. It is truly a beautiful resort and I am so looking forward to arrival day. The main pool is great for kids your daughter's age with lots of features to keep her interested. The quiet pools were very peaceful. Walks along the river, as well as the boat to Disney Springs, is one of the main reasons I chose to go back to POR. The other moderates look nice but nothing beats an evening boat ride to all those supper choices in Disney Springs.

My two DDs are 14 and 16 so we are actually planning an adult evening there while the teenagers go to the parks on their own......gotta love Disney transportation!

I reached out to Disney and they sent me a list that says POR has lactaid but we called and that person said they don't. Anyone have an idea if they have it?

I reached out to Disney and they sent me a list that says POR has lactaid but we called and that person said they don't.

What "person said they don't". Who did you get through to? Do you mean in the Store or the restaurants, or just the call center that answers the phones?

Andre

We will be there for the very first time August 27th.....can't even wait. Heard such great things about this resort!!!!!!

I just wanted to say I found this thread so helpful! We stayed for two nights at POR in January in a royal room before our Fantasy cruise and loved it! Now I'm hoping to book another two nights for Oct 2018 before another Disney Fantasy cruise and the stupid WDW website is not cooperating!!! Come on big mouse and take my money!!! :sad2:

Yehaa Bob is away on personal business during our stay. Is there alternative entertainment when he isn't at the resort?

Yes, they usually have someone fill in for him. A much more traditional and less energetic show though.

Andre

Are there staff to take your drink orders at River Roost or do you get your own drink/food. I'll be travelling solo, so if I find a table and I get up to get a drink I would probably lose my seat. Thanks.

I'm so excited! We are (tentatively) going to be staying here mid April! "Dixie Landings" was my family's home resort growing up, and it will be my first trip back with my husband since 2005! We are now a family of 5, so guess we will be in Alligator Bayou. I hope my kids love it as much as we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter