Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Oh pooey! Thanks for the info. Our dates are Sept 1 - 6th and it looks like Yeeha Bob is now doing personal time off while we are there. The good news is that it opens up one of our evenings.

Yes, we are there August 27---September 2. Yeeha Bob is gone August 25, through September something :( I feel the same way as you vinotinto! Maybe another time........

Yes, we are there August 27---September 2. Yeeha Bob is gone August 25, through September something :( I feel the same way as you vinotinto! Maybe another time........

I was panicked when I first heard he was taking a week in August off. Luckily, we just make it as we arrive on the 19th.

Thank you for letting me know! So sad! We were there in early June and it was not working then either. I hope it is not another permanent disney cutback.

It was working on July 13. We stayed one night (July 12-13) and I made a comment to my boyfriend on the way to dinner about how I wished the wheel was working but it was down for refurbishment. The next morning on our walk over to the boat to DS he pointed out that it was again moving....but who knows what happened after that.

Quick question. I'm not seeing it listed on the menus anymore. Is the carving station still available in the Riversdide Mill for dinner?

Yes, it's still there as far as I know. I hope so anyway, I was definitely planning on getting some next week! See my menus list at http://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php

Andre
Thanks Andre. It's a must for us at least once a trip. Two years ago, we walked in to the food court for dinner. I was wearing my submarine hat with the name of the sub I was on when a guy ran over and said he had served on the same boat. I recognized him after not seeing him for 33 years. We had served together for about a year. How's that for some Disney magic?

Yes, there are servers who come round to your table.

Andre

Thanks for the response. But, just seeing the posts now that Yeehaw Bob won't be there during the days I will be. Was hoping to stop in. Will there be any other entertainment taking his place?

Andre, just saw your response to another poster regarding substitute entertainment. Thanks for all the information.

Just returned from our first trip to POR, it was a beautiful resort. Very spread out & I'm glad I booked a preferred building as I was traveling with my elderly mom. It was nice to have a quiet type pool right near our building.
Only problem we had with the bus was since we were at South Depot once the bus was filled up they didn't let us on with the ECV - meaning since they only hold 2, we were out of luck. On our MK morning the bus driver called ahead & they send another bus and had them do the route backwards which I thought was very nice.
Having the bus to Disney Springs and FQ was nice.
YeeHa Bob is a treasure! His show was fantastic and it was nice to meet with him afterwards. We would joke the rest of the week because we would be coming home from the parks and dragging our butts on the way home and he would be performing. It always put a pep in our step!

Hey all,
We are here right now and today, around 2 and 5 PM, the waterwheel was turning. I remember someone asking if it was working or not, and it looks like it has been fixed.

Wow, that's great news! We're checking in in a few days and didn't expect the wheel to be functionning!

The wait until we're there will be much more difficult now, with one more reason to visit the resort :-)

Hey all,
We are here right now and today, around 2 and 5 PM, the waterwheel was turning. I remember someone asking if it was working or not, and it looks like it has been fixed.
Thanks! That's good to know. It seems like such a small thing but having the wheel working really adds to the atmosphere of the resort.

Oh pooey! Thanks for the info. Our dates are Sept 1 - 6th and it looks like Yeeha Bob is now doing personal time off while we are there. The good news is that it opens up one of our evenings.
Bob has other days off in September too...what a bummer!!! Looks like he's of the 14th-16th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter