• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

"Brown wine reduction". What is that like? A wine reduction or a gravy? I have never heard of a "brown" wine reduction

The waiter definitely said it was a reduction and it had small pearl onions, mushrooms and small cutes of some root vegetable and definitely tasted wine in it. I asked for some extra since it was so good. It was really a great meal and I thought it was a bargain for $22. Plus it had 3 long pieces of broccolini which was steamed and so tasty.

The waiter definitely said it was a reduction and it had small pearl onions, mushrooms and small cutes of some root vegetable and definitely tasted wine in it. I asked for some extra since it was so good. It was really a great meal and I thought it was a bargain for $22. Plus it had 3 long pieces of broccolini which was steamed and so tasty.
This sounds like what you ordered:

Pan-seared Chicken Grande Mere'
with Crème Fraîche Mashed Potatoes, Pearl Onions, Mushrooms, Lardons, Herbs, and Demi Wine Sauce

Yes, don't know what lardons are but the meal was excellent. The menu if very limited there but definitely a good place to go if you just want a laid back dinner with no wait and not have to travel someplace to eat. Definitely recommend it.

The lardons are narrow strips of bacon or pork fat.

I like the temporary location for the Captain's Grille, as well. The environment is very peaceful and cheerful. Though the menu is somewhat limited, there are some good selections for lunch and dinner.

I'm not quite sure I understand all the fuss about the turn down service. I get turned down enough at home why would I want to get turned down at Disney?

I guess I should say that some of the things that I ask for at Disney are apparently easy to turn down. I routinely ask for Matthew McConaughey to be waiting in my room at check in but that never happens... At this point I have to wonder if the problem is that Matthew McConaughey waiting in your room is equal to a deluxe amenity and I am staying at Plop Century.

Perhaps if I'm staying at Plop I should be making more reasonable requests, like having Will Ferrell waiting in the room. Is Will Ferrell a value resort request? I could get into a lot of trouble running around WDW with Will Ferrell. I could see the two of us riding around in our Duber donkey carts trying to talk the CM's into letting the donkeys ride Spaceship Earth with us. The donkeys would probably like the Gran Fiesta Tour better but that ride is not worth burning a Fast Pass.

I'd hate to think that if you stay at a Value Resort you can only have someone like Gilbert Gottfried. Can you imaging all the complaining and whining you'd hear from him! "The shampoo bottles are too tiny!". "Now they are too big and screwed into the wall!!" Nope! Nope! Nope.... Not gonna go there. If I'm staying at Plop I'm going to keep my room request to :GROUND FLOOR CLOSE TO TRANSPORTATION:.

That leads me to wonder who I can request if I am staying at a Moderate resort. I'm thinking Matt Damon is a safe bet. He's a solid, dependable kind of guy, not flashy like Matthew McConaughey, who would go running around WDW screaming "ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!!!" Yep. That Matt Damon is a Moderate Resort request for sure.

The other quandary is who can you request if you are staying at a DVC resort? I have a stay coming up at Saratoga Springs. That's that horsey resort so I should probably ask for somebody who looks good on a horse. I'm gonna go with Antonio Banderas here. Heck... he'd look good riding a scooter, or even a donkey!!! As a bonus I'm 100% sure that we will have no problem sneaking Rodger the Donkey into the room at Saratoga Springs. Rodger the Donkey would probably be confused for a cast member at Saratoga Springs. People would probably be running up and trying to pose for pictures with the Saratoga Springs donkey. Can you imagine the line for pictures if Antonio Banderas was sitting in the Duber Donkey Cart driven by Rodger the Donkey? Now that would be a good use for a Fast Pass!

We are also going to spend a night at the Polynesian. That's a Johnny Depp resort for sure. We'll probably run into him passed out in the bushes. We'll look for the trail of empty wine boxes so we can zero in on his location. We'll drag him back to the room and prop him up on a chair on the balcony. He will probably sober up by the time the fireworks start. One can only hope...

So there ya go... My room requests all thought out. Every time I walk in the room I get my hopes up only to find an empty room. My request is turned down. That turn down service is one cut I am in favor of Disney making. Perhaps with all the money they are saving from not having to pay Johnny Depp's Bar bill they can bring back a night parade to The Magic Kingdom...

~NM

I read the FAQ post and the review about Amazon Now, but I still want to confirm. (I'm a little OCD!) I don't have to meet the delivery person for Amazon Now, correct? It's my understanding that bell services can accept my order and I can pick up later. I'm fine if they charge a package fee and plan on tipping. We just have a BOG dinner reservation the day we checkin so I won't be there when it arrives.

Has anyone done the "Day Cruise Around the World" recently introduced in June? I tried to do a search and came up empty. I only saw the IllumiNations cruise and the Albatross Treasure Cruise.

I saw this on the Disney site, but was interested in other reviews, details, or opinions:

Day Cruise Around the World
Steal away for a serene sailing on a deluxe pontoon boat.

Depart from Bayside Marina at Disney’s Yacht Club Resortand glide along Crescent Lake and the World Showcase Lagoon at Epcot. It’s the perfect way to kick back, relax and rediscover the magic of your surroundings in a whole new way.

Our 25-foot pontoons hold up to 10 Guests. Each Specialty Cruise includes a captain, assorted snacks and soft drinks.

Private Dining
To enhance your special afternoon and transform this Specialty Cruise into a lunch sailing, contact Private Dining at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts by calling (407) 939-3160.

Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Pricing
Day Cruise Around the World can be enjoyed for $149.00, plus tax. Pricing is subject to change.

Private Dining is available at an additional charge.

Reservations
To reserve, please call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529.

The only construction that I know of would be the remodeling of the Ale and Compass Lounge and the Captain's Grille. They are expected to reopen in December.

Hi there! Are you sure about December? The Disney Parks Blog states October. Has this been delayed? Thank you!

I read the FAQ post and the review about Amazon Now, but I still want to confirm. (I'm a little OCD!) I don't have to meet the delivery person for Amazon Now, correct? It's my understanding that bell services can accept my order and I can pick up later. I'm fine if they charge a package fee and plan on tipping. We just have a BOG dinner reservation the day we checkin so I won't be there when it arrives.

My understanding is that it works like Garden Grocer, and will be left with Bell Services. You do not have to be there. There will not be a service fee. But I have not done it myself.

I'm not sure if anyone on this thread has used this service yet, so if nobody here tells you from personal experience, you might want to post on another board - either Budget or DVC Mouscellaneous. A lot of DVC people get grocery delivery because the DVC units have either a full kitchen or kitchenette.

I'm not quite sure I understand all the fuss about the turn down service. I get turned down enough at home why would I want to get turned down at Disney?

I guess I should say that some of the things that I ask for at Disney are apparently easy to turn down. I routinely ask for Matthew McConaughey to be waiting in my room at check in but that never happens... At this point I have to wonder if the problem is that Matthew McConaughey waiting in your room is equal to a deluxe amenity and I am staying at Plop Century.

Perhaps if I'm staying at Plop I should be making more reasonable requests, like having Will Ferrell waiting in the room. Is Will Ferrell a value resort request? I could get into a lot of trouble running around WDW with Will Ferrell. I could see the two of us riding around in our Duber donkey carts trying to talk the CM's into letting the donkeys ride Spaceship Earth with us. The donkeys would probably like the Gran Fiesta Tour better but that ride is not worth burning a Fast Pass.

I'd hate to think that if you stay at a Value Resort you can only have someone like Gilbert Gottfried. Can you imaging all the complaining and whining you'd hear from him! "The shampoo bottles are too tiny!". "Now they are too big and screwed into the wall!!" Nope! Nope! Nope.... Not gonna go there. If I'm staying at Plop I'm going to keep my room request to :GROUND FLOOR CLOSE TO TRANSPORTATION:.

That leads me to wonder who I can request if I am staying at a Moderate resort. I'm thinking Matt Damon is a safe bet. He's a solid, dependable kind of guy, not flashy like Matthew McConaughey, who would go running around WDW screaming "ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!!!" Yep. That Matt Damon is a Moderate Resort request for sure.

The other quandary is who can you request if you are staying at a DVC resort? I have a stay coming up at Saratoga Springs. That's that horsey resort so I should probably ask for somebody who looks good on a horse. I'm gonna go with Antonio Banderas here. Heck... he'd look good riding a scooter, or even a donkey!!! As a bonus I'm 100% sure that we will have no problem sneaking Rodger the Donkey into the room at Saratoga Springs. Rodger the Donkey would probably be confused for a cast member at Saratoga Springs. People would probably be running up and trying to pose for pictures with the Saratoga Springs donkey. Can you imagine the line for pictures if Antonio Banderas was sitting in the Duber Donkey Cart driven by Rodger the Donkey? Now that would be a good use for a Fast Pass!

We are also going to spend a night at the Polynesian. That's a Johnny Depp resort for sure. We'll probably run into him passed out in the bushes. We'll look for the trail of empty wine boxes so we can zero in on his location. We'll drag him back to the room and prop him up on a chair on the balcony. He will probably sober up by the time the fireworks start. One can only hope...

So there ya go... My room requests all thought out. Every time I walk in the room I get my hopes up only to find an empty room. My request is turned down. That turn down service is one cut I am in favor of Disney making. Perhaps with all the money they are saving from not having to pay Johnny Depp's Bar bill they can bring back a night parade to The Magic Kingdom...

~NM

If the Polynesian is a Johnny Depp resort then I'm going to have to start staying there from now on :rotfl2:

Lots of excitement today!! Completed on line checkin and got FP+. I did not have any choices for room requests at all. That is fine with me as I have called them into Member Services, but I was surprised.
I tried for a FoP FP+ for day 5 of our trip for earlier in the day and there were only late afternoon/ evening times which conflicts with our Tiffins ROL package. I did get in for day 7 but again late in the day. They were all gone by 8:15. I got everything else I was hoping for.
Now just to wait the next 60days.

Our countdown is finally in the teens!!! Only 19 days until I get to enjoy the BC again. This is our 2nd stay there... last years trip was truly amazing and we fell in love with the resort. Can't believe it has almost been a year. My 2 year old niece is so excited. We got our magic bands on Friday.

Thank you, thank you for inspiring me! I had so much fun making these!!!!

Lots of excitement today!! Completed on line checkin and got FP+. I did not have any choices for room requests at all. That is fine with me as I have called them into Member Services, but I was surprised.
I tried for a FoP FP+ for day 5 of our trip for earlier in the day and there were only late afternoon/ evening times which conflicts with our Tiffins ROL package. I did get in for day 7 but again late in the day. They were all gone by 8:15. I got everything else I was hoping for.
Now just to wait the next 60days.
That is bad news for us. Our fp day is on Saturday.

Thank you, thank you for inspiring me! I had so much fun making these!!!!
Your bands are gorgeous. I've decorated my bands and they are fun to wear. :)

My understanding is that it works like Garden Grocer, and will be left with Bell Services. You do not have to be there. There will not be a service fee. But I have not done it myself.

I'm not sure if anyone on this thread has used this service yet, so if nobody here tells you from personal experience, you might want to post on another board - either Budget or DVC Mouscellaneous. A lot of DVC people get grocery delivery because the DVC units have either a full kitchen or kitchenette.

We just got back from Beach Club, and used Amazon prime now for some water and fruit for our room. It was delivered to bell services promptly and delivered to my room once I realized it was at bell services. So the only addd cost was the tip to the bellhop for bringing it to my room. (my delivery was too heavy for me to carry, if you order something small you can avoid that too)

When do the deals usually come out for that time frame? Curious for next year as we are thinking of going the last week of august. Never looked into them. Would It save more than going through Disney if they would by chance offer free dining? Can you add park hopper tickets? Is there a cacellation policy? Sorry for all the questions!
Have you ever thought of renting dvc points? You could stay in a villa at the Beach Club for the cost of a moderate sometimes even less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter