Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We changed our BWV stay to a split stay with BCV and Coranado Tower stay For this June. BC 6-10 to 6-15 and CSR 6-15 to 6-19 if you would add me to Be our Guest.

We normally stay at BWV 1bd room cash, we are getting a BCV by paying cash. For Cash reservations it's a standard view. Any good room requests. I was thinking 1st floor, close to elevator by the pool?

Any other tips for BCV? We will be going to EPCOT quite a bit, so I will look for the secret passageway.

At BCV, there are no categories by view. It's different from BWV that way.

I agree with PP. I do not like being on the ground floor. I don't like people walking by my room. You probably know that even if you do have a ground floor room, you can't go out the patio door and lock it behind you. If you want to go out the patio door, somebody has to lock the patio door behind you from the inside. Also, if I recall correctly, you can't walk from the patio directly to the pool; there are bushes in front of the rooms.

Some people like a view of the pool. Some people hope to get a view of the Epcot fireworks, although as the trees get taller over the years the fireworks are harder to see. BCV is always full, so you may not get your room request anyway.

The BCV elevators are LOUD. If you have a room near the elevator, you may hear the elevator whirring from inside your room, as well as the double ding when the elevator reaches your floor. I would never request a room near the elevator there unless someone in your group has serious mobility issues.

The YC is a dog-friendly resort. But, apparently, it may also be a cat-friendly resort.

While looking out the windows opposite the A&C Marketplace, I spotted a big, fat black cat, walking through bushes, making its way toward the front entrance. Two Security CMs were walking in the corridor, and I commented about just seeing a big black cat. They shook their heads "yes," and said that Disney takes good care of the cats, because they do a good job. I assume that Mickey and Minnie are well-protected, though.
I‘m sure I read somewhere that Disney keeps feral cats in its parks (apparently they are well taken care of) in order to keep the vermin down. Perhaps the hotels have the same use too. I remember a few years back staying at the Portofino Bay at Universal and there were feral cats there but unfortunately they had not been neutered but when we returned the following year a staff member staying they had been rehomed. I agree with hoping that Mickey and Minnie are protected :)

At BCV, there are no categories by view. It's different from BWV that way.

I agree with PP. I do not like being on the ground floor. I don't like people walking by my room. You probably know that even if you do have a ground floor room, you can't go out the patio door and lock it behind you. If you want to go out the patio door, somebody has to lock the patio door behind you from the inside. Also, if I recall correctly, you can't walk from the patio directly to the pool; there are bushes in front of the rooms.

Some people like a view of the pool. Some people hope to get a view of the Epcot fireworks, although as the trees get taller over the years the fireworks are harder to see. BCV is always full, so you may not get your room request anyway.

The BCV elevators are LOUD. If you have a room near the elevator, you may hear the elevator whirring from inside your room, as well as the double ding when the elevator reaches your floor. I would never request a room near the elevator there unless someone in your group has serious mobility issues.
Not just bushes, but fencing around the entire Dunes Cove pool area. Only 3 gated ways to access the pool area.

Hey everyone. Does anyone know if they sell cases of water at the Speedway near the Boardwalk or do they only sell singles? Normally we put in a large order for groceries but in April we will be staying Club Level at BC. The only thing we'll need is lots of water to take into the parks with us. Also as far as getting to Speedway should I walk (assuming it is walkable) or should I get an uber? Thanks!

Hey everyone. Does anyone know if they sell cases of water at the Speedway near the Boardwalk or do they only sell singles? Normally we put in a large order for groceries but in April we will be staying Club Level at BC. The only thing we'll need is lots of water to take into the parks with us. Also as far as getting to Speedway should I walk (assuming it is walkable) or should I get an uber? Thanks!
They sell cases of the smaller bottles of water at the Beach Club Marketplace on the first floor of the BC.

The Marketplace has the Coke Freestyle machines, where I just refill my water bottles, before heading out to the parks. There is no cost to fill up with water. That saves on cost and the environment, so it's a win-win situation.

Last edited:

I think that would be a pretty long walk with cases of water. If you don’t get an answer here, try asking on the Boardwalk thread.

I think that would be a pretty long walk with cases of water. If you don’t get an answer here, try asking on the Boardwalk thread.
Agreed on this. It's probably 1/4 mile [maybe a tad more] from BW main lobby to Speedway. You'll also need to cross Epcot Resorts Blvd to get there [and back]. Not a big deal but something to consider. I've done the trip many times for a 12 pack of beer coming from the BC but that's manageable for me. A case [or two] of water will be a lot to handle. What I have heard/read is that people bring their rolling luggage over and haul it back that way. Just throwing it out there to save the arms.

Hi How is the transport to all the parks from here, especially Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom, thanks

Hi How is the transport to all the parks from here, especially Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom, thanks

Hi! DHS you can either walk (15-20 mins) or take the boat which is fairly regular. Re MK and AK, we usually Uber in the morning as we like to rope drop, but never had a problem with the buses coming back 😀. Epcot is a 2-5 minute walk so no transport available.

Hi! DHS you can either walk (15-20 mins) or take the boat which is fairly regular. Re MK and AK, we usually Uber in the morning as we like to rope drop, but never had a problem with the buses coming back 😀. Epcot is a 2-5 minute walk so no transport available.
Not quite accurate. Yes Epcot is a quick walk. But the Friendship boat is available if you rather. It is actually walking in the opposite direction to the dock, but there is that choice for you

If you are staying in a room with 5 people (2adult/3 kids) is it mandatory to get a room with a daybed?
We have been 3 times. Once with 5 people (no infants) and twice with 4. I have one teenage son and one teenage daughter. I put day bed as my only request and reminded them at check in. I always got one and it never seemed to be an issue.

The MK and AK buses share with the YC. The BC is the last stop on the way to the parks. The ride to MK is about 12-15 minutes. The ride to AK is about 15 - 20 minutes, approximately. The MK bus can be very crowded if you are trying to get there at park opening but in general, the buses are pretty good.

I don't know the status of the Disney Springs bus. It used to share only with Yacht Club, but I'm not sure if they have changed the route.

Epcot and DHS only have the boats or walking. You can also take the Skyliner to DHS by going to the International Gateway. It is a fun way to travel but not usually faster than walking or taking the boat. :)

I'll be staying at the Beach Club with DH and DD17 from March 11th to 21st. We've stayed here twice before and each time we've been booked into a room with a handicap accessible bathroom (meaning it's not split - the toilet, bathtub/shower, and sinks are all in the same room). With a teenage daughter, this makes getting ready in the morning quite a challenge! We're praying that this year we finally get assigned a room with the split bathroom configuration - we don't care about balcony size, daybed, or view - we just want the sinks and toilet to be separate, lol! My husband is tired of having to use the resort's public bathrooms in the mornings :)

I'm going to be submitting a Touring Plans room request and wondered if any of you who have stayed at Beach Club in a Garden view room with a split bath happen to recall specific room numbers to help me try to target my request. TIA!

I'll be staying at the Beach Club with DH and DD17 from March 11th to 21st. We've stayed here twice before and each time we've been booked into a room with a handicap accessible bathroom (meaning it's not split - the toilet, bathtub/shower, and sinks are all in the same room). With a teenage daughter, this makes getting ready in the morning quite a challenge! We're praying that this year we finally get assigned a room with the split bathroom configuration - we don't care about balcony size, daybed, or view - we just want the sinks and toilet to be separate, lol! My husband is tired of having to use the resort's public bathrooms in the mornings :)

I'm DVC, but the same thing happens to me - no matter what resort I stay in, I get put in a handicapped accessible room. I have no disabilities, and I have never had a guest with disabilities. I know that there are a certain number of those rooms, and when the resort is full that sometimes means those rooms are assigned to guests who don't need them. I'm just not sure why they always go to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter