Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for this! Rivera is really a beautiful resort! YC has been our fave and yearly go to resort since 2015 but I think this is the perfect time to try something new! My heart will break with all the changes and closures at the YCBC and on the Boardwalk so the experience if we stayed again would be so different. This way ( as i talked to myself) we will have all new experiences this trip and we won’t be reminded so much of how it was preCovid...

We were relocated to Riviera due to the NBA Bubble and we honestly weren't very excited about it. But we just got back from our trip and we absolutely LOVED it. Yacht is our favorite resort as well, and they have a similar feel to me: modern, clean, elegant. Really pretty art all over the hotel. Great cafe in the lobby. We just fell in love with the 1BR. And we had a lot of fun being on the Skyliner. I hope you enjoy!

New to thread and so happy to be here so I can try to learn all things BCV! Have my first stay booked here 9/3 – 9/8. This will be our second trip since reopening - we did a 7 night family trip staying at SSR back in mid-July. This time around, it’s just adults though. Looking forward to our annual adults Labor Day trip so much. We know it will be different from years past, but I still can't wait. Excited to be staying at BCV for the first time also.
Currently trying to figure out if I should request anything through online check-in or just roll the dice. Off to read as much info as I can.

We're going Thanksgiving week again this year and since I know it's going to be a resort-heavy vacation, I'm thinking of booking YC. I think I'll just have to see how things go with SAB and AP discounts!

New to thread and so happy to be here so I can try to learn all things BCV! ... Currently trying to figure out if I should request anything through online check-in or just roll the dice. Off to read as much info as I can.

I stayed at BCV in summer of 2019, and my online check-in options were:
- large balcony
- ground floor
- highest floor
- upper floor
- lower floor
- near elevator

Do not choose "near elevator" unless you have mobility issues. If you have a room near the elevator, you will hear the elevator in your room.

Of course the options may have changed since then, and sometimes the options that you see don't even apply to the hotel where you will be staying.

Common wisdom is that if you previously made a room request, do not do a request during online check-in because it will eliminate your previous request. If you made a cash resie through Disney, you can call in a request to 407-W-DISNEY. If you are staying on DVC points, the request must be made by calling or emailing (or possibly chatting with) DVC Member Services.

BCV is so small that it would always be full and was hard to get what you requested Pre-COVID. Maybe things are different now.

Regarding Stormalong Bay, I would take it as a good sign that my friend who works with the water activity department (not sure exactly what, but she is more than just a lifeguard) who had been temporarily reassigned to Galaxy’s Edge posted on her FB this morning that she will be in a swimsuit at Yacht and Beach Club starting Sunday.
Someone on the rumor board responded to that saying there is a rumor going around DVC SAB is opening in a couple weeks...

I just hung up with a DVC cast member who told me they were informed this morning that Stormalong Bay would be opening on the 24th! She seemed confident in the info and said thus far no additional word on YC restaurants because I also asked about Ale & Compass and the Yachtsman.

So excited if this is true and it seems to jive with the rumors!

Let's not forget we've had at least a dozen people do chat with this 8/24 date ... and then someone calls in or does chat and the CM can't confirm ... and now back to the original story. I'm glad Disney isn't saying otherwise and there's anecdotal evidence that something may be happening water related but hoping for more evidence personally lol

FWIW....I chatted with a CM and she said no to pool opening. Official website still lists it as...

Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas or the Luna Park Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas. :confused3

FWIW....I chatted with a CM and she said no to pool opening. Official website still lists it as...

Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas or the Luna Park Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas. :confused3

DVC Member Services- or just general WDW cast member chat? There has been a lot of convoluted/misinformation from the latter. Just sayin'

Double checking- do the sliding doors at YC have a screen? So if I wanted to leave the slider open for fresh air, could I do that without having bugs fly in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter