Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That makes me feel better. As @shoegal9 mentioned above, Member Services usually doesn't give misinformation (and I was told they just found out yesterday) while regular CM's often give wrong information and/or the message hasn't made it to them yet. I least that's what hoping!

Double checking- do the sliding doors at YC have a screen? So if I wanted to leave the slider open for fresh air, could I do that without having bugs fly in?
Right now the bugs are flys and mosquitoes. In the fall Oct/Nov. you get love bugs and and maybe bees. Bees are usually seen at HH pool bar. They like the sweet syrups. Don't kill bees, we need them in FL and if you leave them alone they won't sting.

Right now the bugs are flys and mosquitoes. In the fall Oct/Nov. you get love bugs and and maybe bees. Bees are usually seen at HH pool bar. They like the sweet syrups. Don't kill bees, we need them in FL and if you leave them alone they won't sting.

Yes! We were at Boardwalk at the end of July. There was a tree right outside of our balcony just swarming with bees.

Hey there from a Y&BC newbie! DH and I are staying at YC the week of Aug 31 and we're pumped! It's been a DREAM of ours to stay there and we couldn't pass up the price tag right now. Glad to see SAB might be open, and it's been fun already to read through this thread.

With the Quiet Pools now being open 24/7, I recommend requesting a room not overlooking the Quiet Pool, if you are a light sleeper. Even though it may be named “Quiet Pool,” there are times when guests at the pool are anything but quiet. Since the area is not staffed, keeping the noise down is based on guests complying with Quiet Pool guidelines, including keeping the volume down; unfortunately, that does not always work out. 🏊‍♂️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♂️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️

OK it's official, SAB opening August 24th!

View attachment 518116
I am so happy to hear this finally confirmed now but alas I have already rebooked a 2 bedroom at the Rivera and now we are actually very excited to have our own king size bed room and private bath while the rest of my family share the other 2 Queen room and living area. I'm gonna miss SAB but trying something new this year and all the space and luxury has me excited. I really thought I would change back to my 2 rooms at YC once I heard SAB would open but after reading all the Rivera reviews "I think I'm gonna like it here....."

I am so happy to hear this finally confirmed now but alas I have already rebooked a 2 bedroom at the Rivera and now we are actually very excited to have our own king size bed room and private bath while the rest of my family share the other 2 Queen room and living area. I'm gonna miss SAB but trying something new this year and all the space and luxury has me excited. I really thought I would change back to my 2 rooms at YC once I heard SAB would open but after reading all the Rivera reviews "I think I'm gonna like it here....."

Based on what others have said who were moved from BC to Riviera, I think you're going to like it too!

I stayed at BCV in summer of 2019, and my online check-in options were:
- large balcony
- ground floor
- highest floor
- upper floor
- lower floor
- near elevator

Do not choose "near elevator" unless you have mobility issues. If you have a room near the elevator, you will hear the elevator in your room.

Of course the options may have changed since then, and sometimes the options that you see don't even apply to the hotel where you will be staying.

Common wisdom is that if you previously made a room request, do not do a request during online check-in because it will eliminate your previous request. If you made a cash resie through Disney, you can call in a request to 407-W-DISNEY. If you are staying on DVC points, the request must be made by calling or emailing (or possibly chatting with) DVC Member Services.

BCV is so small that it would always be full and was hard to get what you requested Pre-COVID. Maybe things are different now.

Thanks for the input. It is a cash reservation. When I make a request by calling in, I don’t put anything in the online check-in requests. This time around, we haven’t called in any requests. I wanted to research the resort more before deciding if we even wanted to request anything since I know so little about it.

I’ve read about issues being near elevators, so that’s never my choice…LOL. My options in online check-in seem to be regarding floor levels:
Ground Floor
Highest Floor
Upper Floor
King Bed (not sure why this is even in the list)
Lower Floor
Near Elevator

Guess we just need to decide if floor level is important to us or not. Either way, I know requests aren’t guaranteed anyway. We may just wing it this time and go with where ever we are placed.

Thanks for the input. It is a cash reservation. When I make a request by calling in, I don’t put anything in the online check-in requests. This time around, we haven’t called in any requests. I wanted to research the resort more before deciding if we even wanted to request anything since I know so little about it.

I’ve read about issues being near elevators, so that’s never my choice…LOL. My options in online check-in seem to be regarding floor levels:
Ground Floor
Highest Floor
Upper Floor
King Bed (not sure why this is even in the list)
Lower Floor
Near Elevator

Guess we just need to decide if floor level is important to us or not. Either way, I know requests aren’t guaranteed anyway. We may just wing it this time and go with where ever we are placed.

I made a request only because I read that the villas that face northeast have a view of the road that runs behind EPCOT. I’m not terribly concerned about the view- but I definitely don’t want to look at a parking lot or a roadway. I requested upper floor overlooking the dunes cove pool or the resort grounds not facing northeast.

Thank you for the information.

Do you know how long the Marketplace rehab is supposed to last?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter