Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We usually order snacks and drinks prior to our trip using GG, but since it is just DH and me this trip, we are considering just getting a few things from Market at Ale and Compass. Does anyone know the approximate cost of bananas, beer and either a 12-pack or a case of water bottles? The rest of the snacks we will be able to pack in our luggage.

We usually order snacks and drinks prior to our trip using GG, but since it is just DH and me this trip, we are considering just getting a few things from Market at Ale and Compass. Does anyone know the approximate cost of bananas, beer and either a 12-pack or a case of water bottles? The rest of the snacks we will be able to pack in our luggage.

Can't speak to the price of bananas and I know that the price of a case of water is contained many times within this thread (fairly reasonable as I recall), but I can say that 3-4 years ago we ran out of our beer and it was our last day. We purchased a six pack of Bud Light--long pool day--at Marketplace and it was $36! :headache::scared::sad: Better to go to the resort prepared than purchase that type of item from Disney AND within the Marketplace or other retail venues within the resorts, the selection is minimal.

Can't speak to the price of bananas and I know that the price of a case of water is contained many times within this thread (fairly reasonable as I recall), but I can say that 3-4 years ago we ran out of our beer and it was our last day. We purchased a six pack of Bud Light--long pool day--at Marketplace and it was $36! :headache::scared::sad: Better to go to the resort prepared than purchase that type of item from Disney AND within the Marketplace or other retail venues within the resorts, the selection is minimal.
$36! Wowza! That would actually make an uber/lyft to Walmart worth it...

If you happen to be an Annual Passholder, be aware that the Market at Ale and Compass does not offer the same Passholder discount that the BC Marketplace offers. The Speedway gas station at 300 E Buena Vista Drive has a fair assortment of food and beverages at normal pricing.

Where does the secret exit of YC lead to? Is it closer to Epcot? Less walking in the heat?
The secret YC exit is close to the marina. It is a very handy exit door if your room happens to be located in the section of the resort that is closest to the lagoon. But if your room is close to the lobby then it doesn't really help you to use it. :)

Are you seeing that reported elsewhere? I haven't seen that definitely posted here yet- just that the door now appears to be locked now and the inquiry about whether a YC magic band will open it. Still waiting for someone to test it out.

:goodvibes
I tested this out during our trip earlier this month. We were walking back from DHS and as we walked past the YC secret door I made a short diversion to see if my BC MagicBand worked to unlock the YC exit door. It didn't work. I got a red light.

Is it shorter to take the bridge by Swan and Dolphin or go through Boardwalk to get to Hollywood Studios? Is there a shortcut?
It is only shorter if your resort room is located near the Epcot side of the BC. If your room is close to the lobby then it might be closer to go past the Swan and Dolphin. We usually take the route that @Tess detailed above, unless we have a standard room and can use the secret stairs next to Cape May to make a quick exit. ;)

The two resorts have a lot of fire doors which enable guests to find shortcuts to leave the resort. :)

Does anyone know the approximate cost of bananas, beer and either a 12-pack or a case of water bottles?
We bought a banana every morning and I think they were $1.59 each. The case of water is around $7.

$36! Wowza! That would actually make an uber/lyft to Walmart worth it...

Or a walk through BWI down to the Speedway station! Not sure why we didn't do that back then--Lord knows we've made the walk when we ran short on many other occasions. Must have been a timing thing.

Thanks. We had thought about walking over to the gas station near the Boardwalk but also thought if the prices weren't too high, we would just save the effort and purchase items we want at either YC Market or BC Marketplace. I'm not really wanting to wheel my carryon clear over to the gas station and back if I don't have to, and we really don't need much since it is just two of us on this trip. I figured we could spend what we would pay in fees and tip to GG on the higher prices at the resort for the convenience of it.

Thanks. We had thought about walking over to the gas station near the Boardwalk but also thought if the prices weren't too high, we would just save the effort and purchase items we want at either YC Market or BC Marketplace. I'm not really wanting to wheel my carryon clear over to the gas station and back if I don't have to, and we really don't need much since it is just two of us on this trip. I figured we could spend what we would pay in fees and tip to GG on the higher prices at the resort for the convenience of it.
Beer is one of the oddly priced items. At least at YC/BC. Wine and bourbon are a few bucks more at the gift shop (worth the convenience factor to me, YMMV) but beer is insanely expensive.

@natebenma It's official...we are booked for our December trip: YC CL 12/13 - 12/21 :).

To be honest, I'd be perfectly fine with getting the exact same room again. I know some people would not want to be at the very end of the hall, but it was nice and quiet!

$36 for 6 Bud Lights???? That makes my stomach churn!

$36 for 6 Bud Lights???? That makes my stomach churn!
I guess they figure, if you will pay $6.00 / beer at their bar or SAB, you'll pay it in a 6-pack. If that is the case, we will walk over to the gas station for sure.

Quick tip on taking your own beer to SAB if you don't have a cooler: We always bring a hand full of ziplok freezer quart and gallon bags on our trips with us for several purposes. One use is to take a gallon bag and put a few beers in it. Then on our way to the pool, we stop off at the ice machine and fill the bag the remaining way with ice and zip it up. We then put it in our beach bag. The ice melts fast, but not faster than we drink the beer. :earsboy:

Thanks everyone for your insight on Disney after hernia surgery. DH is super stubborn and adimant we don't postpone. (This trip is also a celebration for him getting his masters!) I told him as long as his doc was on board and he promised to take it easy (will be easier this trip since the 3 year old will demand that as well), we'd still go in Sept. Fingers crossed all goes well! I'm so excited about YC!

It is only shorter if your resort room is located near the Epcot side of the BC. If your room is close to the lobby then it might be closer to go past the Swan and Dolphin. We usually take the route that @Tess detailed above, unless we have a standard room and can use the secret stairs next to Cape May to make a quick exit. ;)

The two resorts have a lot of fire doors which enable guests to find shortcuts to leave the resort. :)

Please tell me about the secret stairs next to Cape May?!

Inquiring minds and all that. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your insight on Disney after hernia surgery. DH is super stubborn and adimant we don't postpone. (This trip is also a celebration for him getting his masters!) I told him as long as his doc was on board and he promised to take it easy (will be easier this trip since the 3 year old will demand that as well), we'd still go in Sept. Fingers crossed all goes well! I'm so excited about YC!
I hope that all works out for your family. Depending on your husband's height, you may want to request an accessible room, which will have beds at normal height. The new beds in the non-accessible rooms are at a higher than normal height, which may/may not be the easiest for your husband. Only the accessible rooms at the YC have normal height beds.

For our trip in December we (DH &I) are booked in a Garden or Woods View room at the YC. I was going to call and request a king bed room and now my DD told me she's flying down for the weekend to stay with a friend. She wants to meet us at the resort and may decide to stay one night... I figure I can go to the front desk to ask to have her added to the room for the night and pay the extra $25, but if not all king bed rooms also have day beds, she may not be able to. I don't want to add her on to the reservation since I don't want to pay the extra person fee for the whole stay and only the night she will be there. Could I even do that? Can I also request the daybed when requesting the king room? Should I explain the situation to the cm when I call to put in the request?

I hope that all works out for your family. Depending on your husband's height, you may want to request an accessible room, which will have beds at normal height. The new beds in the non-accessible rooms are at a higher than normal height, which may/may not be the easiest for your husband. Only the accessible rooms at the YC have normal height beds.

I didn't think about that! Thanks! He's 6'1" so that's definitely something to consider.

That depends, are you leaving from YC or BC? If YC, yes, it is shorter to use the bridge by S&D. If BC, it is shorter to use the bridge to BWI/BWV. The shortcut when using the BWI route is to cut through the breeze way on the Villa side near the Clown Pool. Walk around the left side of the pool and out to the walkway to DHS. There is no shortcut from the S&D bridge side. You would pick up the DHS walkway midway across the bridge at the back of the Boardwalk entrance near Jellyrolls.

We're staying at BC, so I guess it depends on where are room is- thanks for the info. I guess we'll have to go by the "scary clown"!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Landed at MCO and staying the night at the Hyatt before moving to BC tomorrow!! Gotta say, not super impressed here. Can't beat the convenience of the location, but the room is lacking (no convenient outlets, room was super hot and taking forever to cool...). Can't wait to check out and head to BC!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter