DL/DCA Swap Sign-ups NOW OPEN!!!

Disney_rider

I'm a walking contradiction... Finally married 10-
Welcome to Disneyland and DCA Elements Swap 2011.Sign-ups open June 1st 12 noon MST

This will be a TWO ELEMENT swap, your choice, with one exception. If your topic is the name of a land, one of your elements needs to be a TOPPER/SIGNAGE. Also, if you are doing a topic in Group A, one of your elements need to be a TOPPER/SIGNAGE. The list of elements is at the end of this post.
I’m including a Kids Group as well  Please have fun and choose whatever you want!! 2 items Max for the Kiddo’s.

I am not putting any restrictions on the number of groups you may sign up for, but Newbies are limited to 5 groups. If I am worried that you will not be able to finish by the deadline, I will contact you to see if we need to angel some, or all of your groups. If at any time, you realize you need to cut down on the number of groups, or need an angel for all your groups PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I know it’s hard to admit when we are in over our heads, and it’s more fun to receive all the pretty pieces, but there will always be more swaps. I really want to try to get this swap back to everyone in the time frame we agreed upon at signup.

Please PM me with your name, DISname, address, email and phone number also feel free to add me on Face book (last resort if I can’t contact you by other means). I will send you my information when the swap sign-ups close.

Check In: First check-in will be June 17 (groups confirmed) , second July15 , third August 1st . If you miss a check-in, I will PM/email you. If I do not hear from you 48 hours after that, your spots will be angeled. If you are going to be away for a check-in, let me know. For the Last check-in, please be specific with your progress, and list the groups you still need to finish and an anticipated mailing date (If you have not mailed already). I want to have a good sense that you will be able to accomplish your groups on time, or if we are going to need angels.

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc with your DISname, name and group number. Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size bag, and label with the same.

Postage: Here are the prices for Flat Rate Priority Mail Shipping. Envelope - $4.95, Small Box - $4.95, Medium Flat Rate Box – $10.35, Large - $13.95. If you have so many groups it doesn’t fit in a Large Flat Rate, please send what it took for you to send to me. You may send to me, by any method you choose, but I will be sending back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. If you are in the UK I will work out shipping with you ;). I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER the swap due date. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.65, and a filled out slip. If you are in the Page swap too, I will try to send everything back in one box, so make sure you send enough to cover postage for both swaps.

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

Due Date: Due Date is August 29th 2011. Your package should be in the mail by if sending first class, if you are sending Priority. I intend to only wait one week for packages that have been delayed by our lovely postal system, before I swap out. If you mail, Aug 29th or later, you must send Priority and you must include DC so I can verify the shipment and keep tabs on its status. I know emergencies can happen, and those will be handled on a case by case basis. However, Murphy’s Law seems to go into effect quite regularly around here. It seems like the longer we wait to start our groups the greater the chances of something bad happening. I will have a hard time holding up the return for someone who has a majority of their work still to do, at a time when they should be focusing on whatever issue is causing the delay in the first place.

Element list

Note: Please no handwritten items. Embellished can mean: stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, Prima’s , eyelets, ribbon/fiber, stickles, sewing, tearing, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats. Specialty paper, such as embossed, glitter, Bling will be considered an embellishment. I am NOT requiring to embellish 2 ways. But with that please make items look good if you want to embellish 2 ways go for it make it look pretty ;)

One Element Is One from this list:

* Topper/Title/Signage: Double Matted, Embellished. I like title’s is all shapes and sizes not just words printed in a row on a Double Mat. Standard size in the past has been 2 x 8, so it would fit in books of different sizes. However; with all the new innovations and new Cricut Carts and SCAL possibilities we can all do so much more.. I wouldn’t go any larger than 11” so if someone has an 8.5 x 11” book, the topper can be used as a border. No Individual Letters for this element Please. If you want to do something that is 3 x7, or 4x4, or running in two directions, or paper pieced that is fine too. With the paper pieced titles at least 2 layers. Please have fun with this element!!

* Library Pocket w/ Tag: Embellished. Tag should be double matted, with ribbon or eyelet.

* Layered Die-Cuts AKA Icon’s: To accommodate the Cricut cutouts that aren’t really detailed enough to be considered a paper piecing. Make THREE 3” pieces. If they are smaller than 3” make more; use your best judgement. Try to shadow and embellish if able.

* Paper Piecing: 4” minimum in one direction (H or W).

* License Plate: Double matted, embellished. Please be creative

* Shaker box: Be Creative

* Lyric/Quote/Poem: Double Matted + layer with poem/lyric/quote. Top Layer should be 3x3 minimum. Embellished.

* Pair of Borders: 6-12” in length. Be Creative with these If you are using a Cricut some of the Borders can get overwhelming if you go up to 12inches long. Double Matted Embellished.

* Altered Letter: Double matted, 4” minimum height. Embellished.

Or TWO from this list (you can mix & match)
* Frame: Double matted, embellished. Should be large enough to hold a 4x6 photo. Sizzix frames are okay even though they are smaller.

* Large Box: Double matted, embellished. Should be large enough to hold a 4x6 photo, or may be used as a journaling box. Since 5x7 photo size is really popular right now I will allow this a box for that size photo in certain groups please email me first to see if it will fit in your group. EX; DL, DCA, CASTLE places where Photo Pass Pics are taken.

* Two Small Boxes: To be used as either small photo mats or journaling spaces. Consider sizes such as for holding a 3x4, 4x4, 3x4 photo. Double matted, embellished. If you are thinking journal boxes, other shapes work well too. Also Good Quality Attraction posters are accepted as one of these as well. Think outside the box for this element!!

* Tag: Double matted, embellished. Approximately 2x3 or 3x4 size, but does not have to be a rectangle. Circles, ovals, diamonds, squares, hearts, Mickey heads, and apples work well too.

* Two Embellished Shapes: Double matted, embellished

* Slide Mount: Embellished

* Mini File Folder: Embellished

*1 ATC and or 4 inches Embellished

If you have an idea that is not on this list, or varies from the requirements it is probably okay. We want swappers to be creative in their designs. So if you can answer, honestly, that you love the piece and think others would too, and would happily use it in their books, and you tried to make it special in some way (we can’t account for all possibilities in the element lists) you are most likely good. If you are still worried, you can ask me, or post a prototype.

A.Disneyland Resort
1. Disneyland Resort -
2. Disneyland Park -
3. Disney’s California Adventure-D_R
4. Downtown Disney -
5. Grand Californian -
6. Disneyland Hotel -Scrapmouse

Disneyland Park

B. Main Street USA FULL
1. Main Street USA - MBisM
2. Disneyland Railroad - T1221
3. Main Street Vehicles- LM3K
4. Windows On Main St-D_R
5. General MS USA/Food - AZRita
6. Parade or Fireworks - Mommy2MrB

C. Adventureland FULL
1. Adventureland - AZRita
2. Enchanted Tiki Room – LM3K
3. Jungle Cruise-MBisM
4. Indiana Jones Adventure - T1221
5. Tarzan Treehouse - D_R
6.General Adventureland or Food/Dole Whip - Mommy2MrB

D. New Orleans Square
1. New Orleans Square -
2. Haunted Mansion-
3. POC-
4.General NOS/ Tiana Princess and the Frog-D_R
5.Food-
6. Columbia

E.Critter Country
1. Critter Country
2. Splash Mountain-
3. Winnie The Pooh-
4. Davy Crockett Explorer-
5. Pooh Corner-
6. General Critter Country-

F. Frontierland 3 Spots Left
1. Frontierland-Mommy2MrB
2. Mark Twain - Scrapmouse
3. Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition -
4. Big Thunder Railroad-
5. Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island -
6. Golden Horseshoe – MBisM

G. Fantasyland #1
1. Fantasyland-
2. Sleeping Beauty Castle -
3. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough -
4. Storybook Land Canal Boats -
5. Casey Jr Circus Train -
6. Pinocchio Daring Journey -

H. Fantasyland #2
1. Alice in Wonderland –
2. Mad Hatters Teacups-LaWanna
3. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride -
4. Matterhorn -
5. Snow White Scary Adventure –
6. It’s a Small World- Anorviel

I. Fantasyland #3
1. King Arthurs Carrousel-
2. Sword in the Stone –
3. Peter Pan’s Flight-LaWanna
4. Dumbo
5. General Fantasyland-

J.Fantasyland #4 3 spots Left
1.Princess Fantasy Faire-D_R
2. Tangled- B&MB
3. Pixie Hollow-
4. BBB-
5.Snow White Wishing Well-
6.General Princess- Mommy2MrB

K. Mickey’s Toontown
1. Mickey’s Toontown - CinderellaPrince
2. Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin -
3. Gadget Go Coaster -
4. Goofy’s Playhouse or Donald’s Boat -
5. Chip & Dale Treehouse -
6. Minnie’s House -
7. Mickey's House -

L. Tomorrowland 1 Spot Left
1. Tomorrowland - T1221
2. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - LaWanna
3. Autopia - MBisM
4. Disneyland Monorail -
5. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – Mommy2MrB
6. General Tommorowland- D_R

M. Tommorowland #2 3 Spots Left
1. Space Mountain- LM3K
2. Astro Orbiter –
3. Jedi Training Academy- MIsMB
4. Star Tours- D_R
5. Captain EO-
6. Innoventions-

N. Disneyland Dining (Choose your own)
1. Pluto's Dog House-D_R

Disney’s California Adventure

O. Hollywood Backlot
1. Hollywood Backlot -
2. Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular -
3. Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue - Mommy2MrB
4. Tower of Terror- LaWanna
5. Muppet’s 3-D-
6. Disney Junior Live on Stage-

P.Animation Building 2 Spots Left
1. Disney Animation-
2. Character Close-up-Mommy2MrB
3. Animation Academy-LaWanna
4. Sorcer’s Workshop-
5. Turtle Talk with Crush-D_R

Q. a bug’s Land –Make 7
1. a bug’s land –
2. Its Tough to be a Bug-
3. Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train -
4. Flik’s Flyers -
5. Tuck & Roll Drive Em Buggies -
6. Francis Ladybug Boogie – D_R
7. Princess Dot Puddle Park-

R. Paradise Pier #1
1. Paradise Pier -
2. California Screamin’ -
3. Goofy’d Sky School -
4. Mickey’s Fun Wheel-
5. Toy Story Midway Mania-Mommy2MrB
6. General Boardwalk or Boardwalk Games-

S. Paradise Pier #2
1. Silly Symphoy Swings -
2. Jumpin’ Jellyfish -
3. Golden Zephyr -
4. King Triton’s Carousel -
5. Little Mermaid Under the Sea Adventure- AZRita
6. Food of the Boardwalk or General Boardwalk-D_R

T. Golden State
1. Golden State -
2. Redwood Creek Challenge Trail -
3. Grizzly River Rapids -
4. Soarin’ over California -
5. Factory Tours (Bakery or Tortilla) – MIsMB
6. Blue Sky Celler-

U.Carsland- (these are rides released by Disney) 3 Spots Left
1. Radiator Springs Racers- B&MB
2. Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree-
3. Luigi’s Roamin’ Tires-D_R
4. Flo’s Café-
5. Sally’s Cozy Cone-
6. General Cars Themed items-Mommy2MrB

V. Various Entertaiment and Parades of DCA 3 Spots Left
1.Pixar Play Parade – D_R
2.High School Musical -
3.ElecTRONica-
4.World of Color-
5.Main St. Electrical Parade- Anorviel

W. DCA Dining (Choose your own)Up to 5 in a group
1. PCH Grill

X. Downtown Disney/ Hotels Dining Character Dining(Choose your own)
1. Goofy's Kitchen-D_R

Y. Kid’s Group (Anything Goes: Disneyland, DCA, or Resort)

Hi Surina,

I'll take

DLR groups

#B fireworks
#C general
#L Buzz

DCA groups
# O - monsters
#P - character close up
#R - toy story mania
#U - general

for now....will check again later and let you know my elements..

thanks,
Lisa

I will take:

Group B: Main Street, USA
Group C: Jungle Cruise
Group F: Golden Horseshoe
Group L: Autopia

Thanks for hosting!

I would like one general group in Adventureland and one for Main Strret to start please but I have to dash for appts and will check back later! Thanks!

I would like one general group in Adventureland and one for Main Strret to start please but I have to dash for appts and will check back later! Thanks!

Ok General Adventureland was taken so I put you under Adventureland is that ok???If not Lemme know

I'm updated to here ladies I have Zumba tonight and will be updating ASAP when I get back
Thanks All I'm so excited to be hosting my first swap!!

Surina, I'll take a couple more:

DL ~ group F #1 Frontierland --- title and photo mat

and group J general princesses

I am still working through what I want to do for elements will get back to you in a couple of days on them!

thanks for hosting!!!

Hey Surina!!! I have never been to DL and don't really think I will get there. But, I would like to do a few groups since I can use most of the stuff in the groups for WDW. Is that ok? If you would rather not cross the two, let me know. If you are ok with it, my choices are:

B. Main Street USA
3. Main Street Vehicles

C. Adventureland
2. Enchanted Tiki Room

M. Tommorowland #2
1. Space Mountain-

Hey everyone...
I would like
H. Fantasyland #2 1. Alice in wonderland
I. Fantasyland #3 3. Peter pan's flight
L. Tomorrowland 2. Finding nemo
O. Hollywood backlot 4. Tower of terror
P. Animation Building 3. Animation Academy
Thanks

Ok Ladies I'm updated to here....And I dont need to know your elements I like to be surprised ;)

Surina, I'll be joining later today. I need to get the car in the shop first thing this morning but I'll check in when I get back.

I will take Tangled in group J and Radiator Springs Racers in Group U.

I'll be back for more later.

I'm still here and I'm still thinking!
Just one of those thoughts and maybe I missed it but dont forget that the Little Mermaid is opening this summer.

Updated :) and Litttle Mermaid ride is there under group S

I'm still here and I'm still thinking!
Just one of those thoughts and maybe I missed it but dont forget that the Little Mermaid is opening this summer.

I almost forgot about this swap. I will take these for now and see where else I am needed.

B
2. Disneyland Railroad –

C
4. Indiana Jones Adventure –

L
Tomorrowland –

I would like to participate - I am definitely a newbie to the boards and haven't done a swap on these boards before. I would like to do It's a Small World in Fantasyland and the Main St. Electrical Parade, please.

I will PM you my info now!

Thank you!
Ann

Wow sign-ups are going slow...I really want to close them up before I leave for Nashville Thursday.
I am glad to see newbies welcome I'm very happy you are here :goodvibes

Thank you for the welcome! And this is now my 10th post...so I can PM you my info!! :laughing:

I'm willing to fill in spots if needed, just let me know!

Wow, things are really quiet on this one! There are some huge swaps going and maybe the timing just inst right? Or maybe there just isnt enough
"Disneylanders"?
I will take that Ariel spot if its still open. Been going through swap pieces to try to get the juices going. Hit upon a couple of ideas.
Surina, have fun in Nashville!
Please consider this as my check in because by the 17th we will be well into our cruise in Hawai'i.
If you need to postpone or cancell Im good with that too. I will have phone with me and if you want you can text me.
Rita

I agree this is is a slow sign-up. It may not be the right time. I want to do more groups on but no one is really signing up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter