DL during Easter week - crazy?

sheryl0521

DIS Veteran
Can you tell me how the average crowds are during Easter week? (April 16-22 this year) We were planning on a 3-day pass, but fearing the crowds and not being able to see everything we are now considering a 4-day hopper pass.

Thanks for sharing!

but you have to do what you have to do. I would definitly consider booking through AAA to get the enhanced fast pass.
be there first thing in the morning. leave when you cant move through the crowds (yes it does get that bad), nites may thin out a little about not a lot. if small children are involved i wouldn't go back for any rides in the evening, maybe for a show or fireworks, dca might be less crowded but the ride lines will be long also. dca also opens later and closes earlier. 4 days will allow you to do a little more. when the place is full give up on the main attractions and find the secret places and quieter spots
disney in the crowd is better than no disney

We are there slightly earlier - planning three days during the week 2nd-7th April is that likely to be any better?

Thanks

Sue

spring breaks seem to be staggered around the country, in oregon ours is march 26-april 1,
it is amazing who you see from home at dl,
we are 1000 miles away and if we go during a school break we always see some one we know.

I think what this year has taught us about DL crowds is that the average crowd levels dont seem to apply this year.

Christmas break closed its gates many times this year. While Spring Break wont be quite as busy because it is more staggered, I would not be surprised if the weeks immediately surrounding Easter also had this crowd levels. I hate to rain on your parade, but I would be prepared for it to be really, really busy. The advice above about getting there early, using the early entry, and making sure you can get back in if you leave during the afternoon will be really important. Eat at "off" times, do the popular stuff early or really late and do the high volume stuff (shows and fp rides) when it is busier.

That being said, any day at DL is a good day! Just be smarter than the rest of the people there and it will be fine.

Thanks for your input and we have gone with the 4-day pass. We have been to DL before - although it was at least 5 years ago, so we have a pretty good idea of what we really want to see. We expect to spend most of our time in CA and less in MK, but will go with the flow.

We have decided to try to buy the preferred seating for Fantasmic - any night we can get it. We have seen the show in WDW, but from what I have read the DL show is something to see.

Can't wait to make the trek out west! :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter