DLH Christmas and 21st birthday trip 2014!

I think I need a list of things to do…
we'll be able to book our train to London in a couple of weeks, then Eurostar after that (but who knows when! Seems to be a big secret, the wait is killing me :rotfl: ) then we need to order our annual passes perhaps end September/early October. Then we can book BBWWS in November.
That's quite a good lead up to the trip actually looking at it written down…something to tick off every few months until it's finally time to go.

There's no such thing as too much cake on your birthday ;) I don't think we'll have a birthday cake either with having waffles and cake (hopefully) in BL

Maybe by the time we're having our 40th birthday in DLP we'll have acquired a taste for alcohol and will have a real glowtini :lmao:

Love a girl with a tick list I have those :)
I also keep every thing in plastic wallets a different one for every trip everything one place bits of paper everywhere Rachael would freak ;)

You really think you want to go the DLP for your 40th !?!
I mean who would want to do that ;)
X

Good tip about the glowtini, thanks! I'll probably just stick to a good old cup of tea :rotfl:

Organisation is key and is part of the fun!!
Anyone (who is not on DIS boards obviously) I tell that we are going to DLP for our 21st just looks at me like I'm a bit crazy. Even family who should know to expect it by now! It is nice to have people on here to humour me! Can't imagine who'd want to spend their 40th in Disney though ;) ;)

You may have already read about this on the main boards, but in the interests on continuity, I thought I should add that Eurostar is now booked!
It cost £119 each, but we got them on the day of release at 8am via phone, since they hadn't been released online beforehand. A little more than we would have liked to pay ideally, but it's booked so we are officially going to Disneyland :banana:

Still a long long time to go, but we are so excited! Trying to plan for cold weather is strange though, given the heat we currently have :confused3

Can't wait until we can order the APs, get BBWWS tickets, and book the train to London, then everything will be sorted (I think!)

Hello, I'm back :wave2: !

Lots of things on the To Do list have been ticked off and we are getting more and more excited by the day.

We have:
Booked the train to London
Booked the Travelodge for the night before the Eurostar
Booked Eurostar
Booked DLH with one person on the booking
Booked Eurostar & train home

We had a bit of trouble booking our trains to and from London. We had been advised by the train company to book on the day of release to secure the best deal. As we are travelling to London on a Sunday, when we looked, there were no direct trains and the best option was to change trains at Grantham. This is less than ideal, but we were happy with the price so we booked. Then the next day a direct journey appeared and at a cheaper price! They wouldn't change the tickets for us, because despite the fact that we were happy to pay the £10 charge for changing tickets, you can't do that when the new tickets costs less than the old. So now we have to change at train mid-journey. We know it will be fine but it's annoying when we know we could have gotten a direct train. Luckily we booked the train home with no bother. Apart from the fact that we couldn't use the 20% off voucher we'd been sent!

Now we need to:
Order Francilien APs for two people (doing this in next few days)
Book Buffalo Bills (is not yet available for our date on ticket master.fr)
Look in to the Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park for the afternoon that we will be in London on Dec 14th (has anyone been before?)
Save some spending money!
Make dining reservations when we have decided where to go and the daily countdown is down to 60!

When we booked this there were soooo many days to go and now we are well in to double digits. There's also loads more people going around the same time so it's really exciting to read their PTRs and plans as we make ours!

Park hours are out now too so that helps to plan what we're going to do, and we're more than happy with the closures list. Think BTM re-opens the day before we get there - hope they don't push it back!

Your plans are really coming along. Time will fly by :thumbsup2

Oooh you have loads done now ladies :cool1:
I second the advice on the Glowtini, it is super strong but some of the kids cocktails are very very nice.

What a bother with the train tickets, you could ring back and push it a bit as it was on their advice that you book on day of release after all ;) The customer is always right eh!

Have you ordered your APs yet? Turnabout is currently about two weeks so bad too bad at all :thumbsup2 I got mine last Friday :hyper:

Oooh you have loads done now ladies :cool1: I second the advice on the Glowtini, it is super strong but some of the kids cocktails are very very nice. What a bother with the train tickets, you could ring back and push it a bit as it was on their advice that you book on day of release after all ;) The customer is always right eh! Have you ordered your APs yet? Turnabout is currently about two weeks so bad too bad at all :thumbsup2 I got mine last Friday :hyper:

I have sent an email regarding trains after I rang and spoke to a very unhelpful lady who was very uninterested in our situation!
Funny you should ask about APs - we ordered them today! Although we are a little bit worried as we only sent a copy of the picture part of our passports and not the front and back cover. We got it photo copied in a travel agents and the lady said we wouldn't need the front :confused:
Bet it was an exciting moment when yours arrived, I can't wait!

Oooh you have loads done now ladies :cool1: I second the advice on the Glowtini, it is super strong but some of the kids cocktails are very very nice. What a bother with the train tickets, you could ring back and push it a bit as it was on their advice that you book on day of release after all ;) The customer is always right eh! Have you ordered your APs yet? Turnabout is currently about two weeks so bad too bad at all :thumbsup2 I got mine last Friday :hyper:

As Charlotte says, we are trying with the trains. We just want an easy time really and it won't start our trip off well if we are stressed about travel. Good news about the APs - can't wait 'till they arrive. Must be nice to have them all ready to go.

Hi Christieand - following along. :) Our trips will overlap by a couple of days. :thumbsup2

Thank you :) I'll give you a wave if I spot you!

Woooooo! Getting closer now! Sounds like you have everything well in hand!! C x

I think we have thought of everything, hope nothing has been forgotten along the way!

Your plans are really coming along. Time will fly by :thumbsup2

Hope so! Planning makes the time go faster :)

I would say they will let it through but if not you would still have enough time to copy the back cover and send it back.
Let us know how you fair out. I'm an advocate of polite complaint emails!

is there a reason you want to wait for ticketnet for your buffalo bills tickets? I believe they are cheaper on the French DLP site, and you can get them now for December dates -

http://idf.disneylandparis.fr/index.html

When I looked at ticket master they were 37 euros a ticket, don't know how much they are from DLP but we've decided against it now anyway in favour of Walt's. We wanted to do both but it pushed the budget a bit too much! Thanks anyway :goodvibes

We've had a reply re. The Great Train Saga. There's nothing they can do to change our tickets but they are sending a cheque for £40 for the inconvenience. :confused. Of course we are very grateful for the £40 and it's far more than we ever thought they would offer! We have decided that we are going to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park when we get to London on the Sunday so we're going to use the money for that! We are a bit disappointed as changing at Grantham will be a pain especially as we'll have to find space for our luggage but at least they have replied and have not told us it's tough luck!

We've had a reply re. The Great Train Saga. There's nothing they can do to change our tickets but they are sending a cheque for £40 for the inconvenience. :confused. Of course we are very grateful for the £40 and it's far more than we ever thought they would offer! We have decided that we are going to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park when we get to London on the Sunday so we're going to use the money for that! We are a bit disappointed as changing at Grantham will be a pain especially as we'll have to find space for our luggage but at least they have replied and have not told us it's tough luck!

Great if a little unexpected news! It would surely have been more cost effective to just change them but its a good outcome :thumbsup2

Great if a little unexpected news! It would surely have been more cost effective to just change them but its a good outcome :thumbsup2

Yes our thoughts exactly, surely it would be free for them to change the tickets (minus administration costs of course) but we are not complaining!

Sorry to read the great train saga !!
Glad it's sorted now for you.
Looking forward to reading more of your plans :)

Good news! My account has been charged for the annual passes which means the photocopies must've been ok :thumbsup2

Can't wait for them to arrive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter