DLH Christmas and 21st birthday trip 2014!

Just saw on the DLP website that the pool will be closed when we're there which is a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully Peter Pan, Pirates and BTM will not also be under refurbishment!

There's some seriously early planning going on here at the moment! As we can't book Eurostar/trains to London yet (too early surprisingly seen as the trip isn't until DECEMBER :lmao: ) i've been conjuring up some meal plans. I just thought i'd run it by you on here incase there's any issues with opening times etc.

Monday: arrive, no set plans for lunch (will be too excited!) so will probably go to Hakuna Matata if it's open, or EOS if it's not..only trouble with staying in the DLH is that EOS is not en route back to the hotel, but I think we'll manage :rotfl2:

Tuesday: maybe Blue Lagoon…but maybe not, might be pushing the budget a bit. More likely to have a snack in the Cable Car Bake Shop. Will definitely do BBWWS (the 9.30 showing I think).

Wednesday: Hakuna Matata/EOS depending on opening times/if we've already been to HM (you might see a theme here - we desperately want to go back to HM for the spicy chicken strips!) then Chuck Wagon for dinner

Thursday: Walts (maybe) and something small for dinner…possibly mickey waffles

Friday: Agrabah Cafe (again, this is a maybe, we might not want to spend lots of time in a restaurant on the last day) or HM/EOS

Only 219 days to go :rolleyes:

Your restaurant plans sound good!! Definitely go for HM early in the week as it may be the case that it's closed Wednesdays and Thursdays off peak! Trying to find out it that's always the case.....

C x

Your restaurant plans sound good!! Definitely go for HM early in the week as it may be the case that it's closed Wednesdays and Thursdays off peak! Trying to find out it that's always the case..... C x

Ah, good to know! Thanks :)

Ah, good to know! Thanks :)

Have a look at this (through Google Chrome browser so it translates for you!) - double click on the date you want to look at and it will show the opening hours for the restaurants! They have quite a lot of 'back dates' so you could go back to the equivalent week for your forthcoming trip and see what they were doing then for a rough guide until your dates are available!!

http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-25-juin-2014.html

C x

Just downloaded Google Chrome for this purpose...and there goes the next hour of my day! :rolleyes2
such a useful website, good to know DLP do have a schedule for the restaurants as it had seemed to be pot luck as to what would be open for counter service!

Just downloaded Google Chrome for this purpose...and there goes the next hour of my day! :rolleyes2
such a useful website, good to know DLP do have a schedule for the restaurants as it had seemed to be pot luck as to what would be open for counter service!

That's exactly what I thought too! I don't know how official or accurate this is - it would be interesting to find out - but it's a starting point!!!!

C x

There's some seriously early planning going on here at the moment! As we can't book Eurostar/trains to London yet (too early surprisingly seen as the trip isn't until DECEMBER :lmao: ) i've been conjuring up some meal plans. I just thought i'd run it by you on here incase there's any issues with opening times etc.

Monday: arrive, no set plans for lunch (will be too excited!) so will probably go to Hakuna Matata if it's open, or EOS if it's not..only trouble with staying in the DLH is that EOS is not en route back to the hotel, but I think we'll manage :rotfl2:

Tuesday: maybe Blue Lagoon…but maybe not, might be pushing the budget a bit. More likely to have a snack in the Cable Car Bake Shop. Will definitely do BBWWS (the 9.30 showing I think).

Wednesday: Hakuna Matata/EOS depending on opening times/if we've already been to HM (you might see a theme here - we desperately want to go back to HM for the spicy chicken strips!) then Chuck Wagon for dinner

Thursday: Walts (maybe) and something small for dinner…possibly mickey waffles

Friday: Agrabah Cafe (again, this is a maybe, we might not want to spend lots of time in a restaurant on the last day) or HM/EOS

Only 219 days to go :rolleyes:
Great meal plans girls :thumbsup2
Get bbwws booked you really will enjoy it and you get a hat !!
Whats not to like lol.
I had my first glowtini there :)

Re.blue lagoon I'm planning on just doing tea and cake there in oct.
I saw it on the menu so you could do this to ?
I really didn't like the food but the setting is perfect so I'm thinking of booking at 3 o'clock one of our days and getting glowtinis and 3 lots of tea and cake.
Sure it was 10.95 but not 100 percent someone has said they will take pics of the menu for me on their June trip.
This could be a plan for you ;)
I have a budget too :( xx

I really didn't like the food but the setting is perfect so I'm thinking of booking at 3 o'clock one of our days and getting glowtinis and 3 lots of tea and cake.
Sure it was 10.95 but not 100 percent someone has said they will take pics of the menu for me on their June trip.

Wow, if that IS the price, it would be good to know! Do let us know if you find out!

C x

Whats not to like lol.

Tea and cake at Blue Lagoon sounds like the perfect compromise!

Whats not to like lol.

We can't book BBWWS yet, it is too early!
I want to try a glowtini but don't really like alcohol so don't want it to go to waste if I don't like it! Think we will have mickey waffles instead of cake at Blue Lagoon but I do love the idea of eating in the middle of Pirates so who knows - maybe the plans will change?! (Just saw that Charlotte has replied to the idea of Blue Lagoon too, think we will have to talk about what to do!)

We can't book BBWWS yet, it is too early! I want to try a glowtini but don't really like alcohol so don't want it to go to waste if I don't like it! Think we will have mickey waffles instead of cake at Blue Lagoon but I do love the idea of eating in the middle of Pirates so who knows - maybe the plans will change?! (Just saw that Charlotte has replied to the idea of Blue Lagoon too, think we will have to talk about what to do!)

There's definitely non-alcoholic cocktails too!!

C x

We can't book BBWWS yet, it is too early!
I want to try a glowtini but don't really like alcohol so don't want it to go to waste if I don't like it! Think we will have mickey waffles instead of cake at Blue Lagoon but I do love the idea of eating in the middle of Pirates so who knows - maybe the plans will change?! (Just saw that Charlotte has replied to the idea of Blue Lagoon too, think we will have to talk about what to do!)

Forgot about bbwws sorry it will be November before you can book the cheap tickets.
I be booking for feb then :)
Thinking we are doing both Mickey waffles and cake at blue lagoon won't be having a birthday cake as such though.
You could have a kids glowtini thinking I may get the boys one on their birthday trip xx

Forgot about bbwws sorry it will be November before you can book the cheap tickets.
I be booking for feb then :)
Thinking we are doing both Mickey waffles and cake at blue lagoon won't be having a birthday cake as such though.
You could have a kids glowtini thinking I may get the boys one on their birthday trip xx

I think I need a list of things to do…
we'll be able to book our train to London in a couple of weeks, then Eurostar after that (but who knows when! Seems to be a big secret, the wait is killing me :rotfl: ) then we need to order our annual passes perhaps end September/early October. Then we can book BBWWS in November.
That's quite a good lead up to the trip actually looking at it written down…something to tick off every few months until it's finally time to go.

There's no such thing as too much cake on your birthday ;) I don't think we'll have a birthday cake either with having waffles and cake (hopefully) in BL

Maybe by the time we're having our 40th birthday in DLP we'll have acquired a taste for alcohol and will have a real glowtini :lmao:

Hmmm, possibly!!! But it IS your 21st's! :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2

C x

Welllll…and it is a once in a lifetime trip ;) - don't think we'll be able to afford the DLH again! We are going to ask our family for euros for birthday/early Christmas, so will have some extra spending money…then again i'm not convinced we'll have the time to eat in all these lovely places! We've never really 'done' eating in DLP…have only tried Plaza Gardens for a sit-down meal in the parks so trying to cram it all into this trip having realised what we've been missing!

If you're a beginner with alcohol, don't do a Glowtini! They're very strong! Go for one of the others - there's a fruity one with a glowing ice cube too - DH hardly ever drinks (like, one drink a year!!) but he really liked it!

C x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter