DLH- please make me feel better....

krismom said:
HI again-
I had no choice to downgrade us from Grand Cali to DLH for our October trip. It was almost $1,000 difference and I couln't really justify it. Anyway- I did all my research on the GCH, and know nothing about DLH. Can anyone give me any opinions and / tips for our stay? Also, is the "pirate" pool at all scary? we are traveling with 5 year old twins and my 3 year old sons.
I'm mainly worried about the monorail being down during our trip. Is it really far to walk at the end of the day?
Oh well, I'm hoping they'll like the theming better at least! thanks for any comments-
I have never been to DL but I'll tell you, a grand would of made my decision so easy, you aren't moving there for your permanent residency you are going on vacation, just think that monsy you save cane go towards food, souveniorsor judt about anything, have a FUNtastic time when you go :banana: :cool1:

We stayed at the DLH in 2006 and eariler this year. My DD who was 4 and 5 loved it. Call a week before and ask for a "large room" with two queen beds and a day bed. I did this for our last trip and although I had booked a regular room, they upgraded us free to a room with a pool view. Big room, nice view. Your kids will enjoy DHL more then they would GC.

thanks for all your replies- I am really escited for the DH now! Now... how about room requests? I heard that Bonita tower is farthest away from downtown Disney and least desirable right? I want to be close to pool / parks (who doesn't?!)
Thansk!

I like the Marina tower, it is the tower with the shops and front desk. The Sierra tower is also nice. Bonita is a bit further away, but I have never stayed there.

My apologies. The Sierra, not Bonita, Tower faces DTD. All are close to the pool and have equal views of the pool area, but the Sierra has the best views if you are on the "outside" because you face DTD

We have stayed in WDW in resorts as well as DVC homes -

We have stayed in the GC

We just came back from staying in the DLH and it is by FAR my absolute favorite place to stay. I will never stay anywhere else in Anaheim again!

Loved every minute of our vacation at Disneyland I can't wait to go again!

P.S. The walk from the front door of the Marina Tower to the Front entrance of Disneyland took no longer than 8-10 minutes and that was strolling.

abby said:
I like the Marina tower, it is the tower with the shops and front desk. The Sierra tower is also nice. Bonita is a bit further away, but I have never stayed there.

:thumbsup2 We like the Marina tower too. We had a pool view this year in the Marina tower. It was very nice having the shops and lobby in the same tower, and it's a quick walk to Goofy's Kitchen and DTD. We also saw Goofy running around the lobby several times on our way back or to the park.

We stayed in the Bonita tower last year. It was okay too, much further of a walk.

OK does anyone think a AAA fast pass is necessary for the END of September? I have the option of booking my trip through AAA or by myself. The difference in price is about $300. But not sure i'm even going to NEED and IFP for the very end of Sept. (28,29) It does interest me but I can't justify paying extra $$ if I find out the park is practially empty on that day.
I expect Friday to be busier but not Thursday, with school just starting back up.

anyone??

The Bonita Tower is the furthest away from DTD, but that's the one I requested. We wanted a quiet place, and also if possible a view of the waterfalls. The Sierra (I think it is) is probably the busiest tower, because people request either DTD view or pool view. I think all concierge rooms are there as well? Guests who have stayed there said it was quiet, except when the fireworks were going off, but I think we'll stick with the Bonita Tower.

And am I the only one who has trouble remembering the names? I keep thinking, "The Nina, the Pinta...no wait, that's Columbus' boats..." :rotfl2:

Leofoenget said:
OK does anyone think a AAA fast pass is necessary for the END of September? I have the option of booking my trip through AAA or by myself. The difference in price is about $300. But not sure i'm even going to NEED and IFP for the very end of Sept. (28,29) It does interest me but I can't justify paying extra $$ if I find out the park is practially empty on that day.
I expect Friday to be busier but not Thursday, with school just starting back up.

anyone??

Gosh that's hard to say. There have been trips where I swore it was going to be empty there, only to find it's PACKED! Right smack in the middle of the school year with no holidays in sight! But $300 is quite a difference, I don't know. I'd probably want to save the money and not get it for that time of year. If it was a better deal and not much of a price difference I'd totally say go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter