DLP in one day?

skiwee1

DIS Veteran
I just talked DH into going to France for our 20th anniversary. That is still almost 2 years away but I am a huge planner. Anyway it just now struck me that DLP is there!! I haven't told him this yet as he isn't the biggest Disney fan but I would love to go there for a day. Can DLP be done in one day? Can anyone compare its size to the MK? We are not taking kids so we can go at our own pace. I don't know how long our entire trip will be but it will definitely be at least 7 days. Fitting in one day for DLP seems like a good idea but if we need two days than I would just make sure to extend our trip. Thanks for any info you can give me.:D

The Studios can probably be done in half a day but the main park will definitely take more than a day. It's bigger than the Magic Kingdom in Florida with Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Discoveryland (Tomorrowland equivalent) and has some different rides to try. I think you'd be pushing it to do it in 2 days but don't want to totally spoil the anniversary for your hubby by over-Disneying it! Anyway it's great however long you get to spend there! Maybe a short visit will whet his appetite and he'll insist on taking you back again for a longer stay??????????????

We did exactly that a few years ago. We had 4 days in Paris and on one of the days caught the RER (train) to DLP. Like you, there was just the two of us and we only did the "big" rides. That was perfectly manageable and we had a lovely day. Granted the Studios park wasnt open then, but to be honest, you wont be missing out on a HUGE amount if you miss that park entirely. It would perhaps be possible to duck in to do Rock n Rollercoaster and the Moteurs Stunt show after the parade at the Main Park.

When are you planning on going? We were disappointed with the park hours when we were there (Sept ) and it is much better to visit when the park opens longer. I would also choose to visit on a weekday as the parks are far, far quieter then.

Also, be selective about what you want to do. Realistically, you are not going to be able to do EVERYTHING, so a plan is essential. It does make me wonder why couples without children would stand in line for 45 mins to ride Dumbo, Teacups or the "speedway"!!!!! Fine, if that is your "thing" but if you prefer the "real" rides, then I would stick to trying to fit those in first and whatever else can be slotted in around that.

I would definately DO IT though!! Its a very easy journey from the center of Paris to DLP and we had a lovely day out. It made a change from the city and if you are going for a week, then I would say one day here would be a great addition to your vacation.

Happy planning!

I agree with allie5, you will be able to do most of Disneyland, but not everything. If you decide to do it in a day, make sure you do some research so you know what your "must dos" are. Depending on when you go, you may find that the crowds will be MUCH less than the MK in Florida.

Happy planning :)

I'll second Allie5's voice on this one -- we were at DLP on Sept. 15 of this year and were able to enjoy the park completely, but without visiting the Studios. Lines were short or non-existent -- we walked right onto most rides. Nobody was in line for POTC, same for Haunted Mansion.

It all depends what time of year you're visiting. YMMV.

We ( DH,DD 17, and myself) will be taking our first trip to Paris in December. We plan on doing Disneyland on Friday Dec. 17th.
How big do you all think the "crowds" will be on that day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter