DLP shopping

pixie_dust_04

Earning My Ears
Do the shops open before the park or stay open for a while after the park closes? At WDW I like to do my shopping after the closing of the park while the shops are still open so I dont have to carry packages all day. princess:

The shops are open in Disney Village until Midnight so you have a good few hours to do any shopping after the parks have closed.

Can you get into Disney Village with your park ticket? What about the shops in the parks? How long are they open? Thanks:earsgirl:

The Disney Village is free as it is outside of the park, so you don't need your ticket. Some of the shops on Main Street usually stay open for a little while after the rides shut down. But you can get most things in the Village as they sell the same stuff.

When will you be in DLP? When we were there last January I was very disappointed to find the shops closed up tight at the moment of park closing posted hour. In WDW, like you I enjoy that "extra" hour in the shops on the way back out on Main Street, but there was nothing like this at DLP - in fact there was not even anything to eat on Main street after the dot of closing!

It's true that the Village is open late, but for me that just isn't the same as shopping on Main Street...

That said, I think it may depend on when you are there. We were there at a time of lowest attendance, so I think they just didn't see it worth their while to stay open after the night parade. If you are there at high season, however, it might be different. Please let us know!

We've been there at the end of April and the beginning of October and the shops in the park were open well before and a long time after closing.

In the summer Disney Village shops were open until 1.00AM, if you could manage it :o

The park shops shuting so quickly might be a disappointment for some, but cast members also need a break :D

In the Emporium some cast members; while pin trading with the children, let slip that when the park shuts at 11PM they have 2 hours to refill the entire stock for opening the next day.

Regards
Reid

I just found out that you can get an extra 10% off if you have a Paris visite metro card. Does anyone know which shops give you the discount? Is it just in the parks? Or, do you get the discounts at the Village too?

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter