Do codes apply to campsites?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
In the past, have codes applied to campsites as well?

Dh and I are thinking about borrowing his parents RV and camping at Disney next June. Of course we can never say for certain what will happen with codes and such for next year, but in the past have codes applied to campsites? If so, what type of rates were available?

Thanks!

Dallas_Lady
i was just going to post the same question (well, very similar....)

I believe in Oct 2001 he used an AP code to get "room only" ressies on our campsite. I am not certain, but pretty sure.

I am wondering if since the end of 2001 have there been any AP discounts that are aplicable for campsites (i am inquiring especially about during value season on campsites which runs from Jan 1- Feb 12 and from Aug 3- Dec 19th.)

I am in a quandry as to weather i should book our August trip now using:
a.) my DC discount to hold that ressie incase no AP discounts come out for campsites for Mid to late August. (the bugger here will be that i will have to cancel this ressie outright and re book thru CRO if the AP rates come out.)
b.) rack rate ressies to hold that ressie for the same reason as above.

OR if i should:
c.) hold off all together until i know for sure if AP dicounts for mid to late Aug will include campsites then just book with my DC discount.

(I would love someone elses opinion on the above choices - a, b or c.)

I know it is not proper posting manners to post a quesiton within a question, but my topic is so closely realted to Dallas_Lady's that i am hoping somone can answer both her question and mine at the same time.

by the way Dallas_Lady - the tag under your name gives us something else in common. I have had a self created poster stating "I don't work here because i love it, i am just financing my next WDW vacation." in my office for years! :D

- lori

Last August, we had an AP code for a campsite during value season, a very good rate. There was also a DC code for about the same price, so we switched to that for the free mini-golf. I have a AAA discount applied to my July campsite reservation, waiting to see what codes come out that I can apply to it.

Last October we had a preferred site with either a AAA or DC discount. The rate was $40/night! Right now I'm reserved for 11/04 at $60 or $70/night! :eek: Waiting for those codes to come out! They will always give you a code even after you already have a ressie.

We have ressies for the end of May and beginning of June. We got them with a code. We almost always camp and get rates using a code.

IWESTWISE,
I AM ALSO CAMPING IN MAY I LEAVE THE 9TH, CAN YOU TELL ME THE CODE YOU USED, SO I CAN SEE IF IT WILL WORK FOR ME.\
I AM A SEASONAL PASS HOLDER ALSO I THINK I SHOULD GET A DISCOUNT FOR THAT ALSO I GUESS I SHOULD CALL A CRO. BUT ANY INFO YOU GUYS HAVE TO MAKE THE COST LESS WOULD BE NICE...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I just read your post. The code I used was one for Disney Club members and the date to reserve by has now expired. However, If you are an annual Pass holder you can use CPZ and check it out with the CRO to see if it will cover camp sites. It says it will cover cabins but doesn't say anything about campsites. THe code I used didn't say anything about campsite either and they were covered. I usually get my codes from mousesavers.com.
Good Luck.
Linda

Be sure and ask if there are any Florida resident rates. We have never used an AP rate because the FR rate was always $1or $2 less.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I called the day AP codes came out and they DO NOT apply to campsites this time. If you're a AAA member they usually have discounts.

Last summer we used a code and got a preferred site for $56.61/ night. This included an extra adult as well as tax. It was better than the DC discount of $60.34 that we had previously reserved.

Keep an eye out, you never know what you might find. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter