Do you anticipate a Vacation this summer

Right now you have to self quarantine for 14 days when crossing provinces. Until that is lifted no use planning anything.Probably just spend time at the lake unless they lift the quarantine provincially.

Do you have to quarantine when crossing state lines right now?

Last edited:
Was supposed to go to the shore for a long weekend in July and WDW in December. Disney wasn't booked yet, but we cancelled Wildwood because 1. We don't feel it's remote enough in time to be safer, and 2. I'm probably still not up to it health-wise. I can't see walking a boardwalk in the heat when I still get out of breath and weak going up and down stairs.

Sorry about your MIL - I hope all turns out well. I've seen some great prices into FL lately if you need to make a quick in and out trip. Good luck to her.

Thanks. My wife is looking to possibly fly down next week at least for a couple days to try to get some things situated down at her mom's house. She might come back home for a while and then head down for the majority of the summer after that, depending on the care that her mom is going to need.

Planning a roadtrip to Gatlinburg from Pittsburgh in about 3 weeks. Not interested in Dollywood; more of a scenic, hiking, driving sort of trip. Just hoping that shops, etc. are opened in some capacity.

I’ve been watching this thread from the beginning but was afraid to post for fear of judgement...but what the heck, I’ll take my chances!

Yes, we will be traveling this summer! In fact, my husband and I did an impromptu one-night trip to Wis Dells on Monday for our anniversary, and that went a long way to alleviate any trepidation I had regarding travel. We felt very safe at the hotel and went out for dinner at an actual restaurant, which also felt very safe. It was a great experience!

We are leaving for South Dakota on Saturday for 5 nights. We’ve been before so we know the area, and we plan to mainly do hiking and outdoor activities. We’re going to drive there in one shot so we only have to sanitize one hotel room, rather than stopping midway. We’ll also be bringing our travel grill and food, although we will also do some carry out to support local businesses.

We will be going to the Dells again in early July, come home for the 4th, and then take another trip, which is still up in the air. I had booked a trip to DL which we have cancelled, so I’m sitting on a bunch of Southwest credit. We might try to fly somewhere but haven’t decided yet. I am considering a FL beach vacation, or maybe Grand Canyon, but want to wait a bit and see how things progress. I’m not sure if I want to go to Grand Canyon if all the visitor centers etc are still closed.

My daughter and I usually take a girls trip to WDW at the end of summer right before she goes back to school. Masks are likely a deal breaker for us, so I am considering other options but still very much up in the air about that as well. Maybe the Tampa/Clearwater area, otherwise we might end up in the Dells again, lol!

I definitely do not think I am “untouchable,” but I think travel can be done responsibly. I am taking precautions, washing hands, sanitizing and distancing, but I can’t live in fear long term. So, I will continue to travel, while taking precautions to both protect my family and also be respectful of others.

I’ve been watching this thread from the beginning but was afraid to post for fear of judgement...but what the heck, I’ll take my chances!

Yes, we will be traveling this summer! In fact, my husband and I did an impromptu one-night trip to Wis Dells on Monday for our anniversary, and that went a long way to alleviate any trepidation I had regarding travel. We felt very safe at the hotel and went out for dinner at an actual restaurant, which also felt very safe. It was a great experience!

We are leaving for South Dakota on Saturday for 5 nights. We’ve been before so we know the area, and we plan to mainly do hiking and outdoor activities. We’re going to drive there in one shot so we only have to sanitize one hotel room, rather than stopping midway. We’ll also be bringing our travel grill and food, although we will also do some carry out to support local businesses.

We will be going to the Dells again in early July, come home for the 4th, and then take another trip, which is still up in the air. I had booked a trip to DL which we have cancelled, so I’m sitting on a bunch of Southwest credit. We might try to fly somewhere but haven’t decided yet. I am considering a FL beach vacation, or maybe Grand Canyon, but want to wait a bit and see how things progress. I’m not sure if I want to go to Grand Canyon if all the visitor centers etc are still closed.

My daughter and I usually take a girls trip to WDW at the end of summer right before she goes back to school. Masks are likely a deal breaker for us, so I am considering other options but still very much up in the air about that as well. Maybe the Tampa/Clearwater area, otherwise we might end up in the Dells again, lol!

I definitely do not think I am “untouchable,” but I think travel can be done responsibly. I am taking precautions, washing hands, sanitizing and distancing, but I can’t live in fear long term. So, I will continue to travel, while taking precautions to both protect my family and also be respectful of others.

Right now you have to self quarantine for 14 days when crossing provinces. Until that is lifted no use planning anything.Probably just spend time at the lake unless they lift the quarantine provincially.

Do you have to quarantine when crossing state lines right now?
As far as I know I think Hawaii is the only state you have self quarantine for 2 weeks. Think a couple states tried it but didn't last long, although non-essential travel is still strongly discouraged in many areas.
This is our summer vacation-10 day road trip at end of June-all 3 kids coming with. Figure if you can't social distance in a big beautiful National or state park then where can you? Especially as several scenic drives will be in our private vehicle. Booked residential hotels or condos with a kitchen to also minimize contact. I haven't been back to the old stomping grounds in 35 years! And neither the kids nor hubs has ever been-Rapid City area for couple nights, with exploring up to Devil's Tower, and then Hill City for 5 nights and leisurely drive to and from home. Kinda looking forward to torturing the kids with all kitschy tourist attractions! Wall Drug opens June 1.

As far as I know I think Hawaii is the only state you have self quarantine for 2 weeks. Think a couple states tried it but didn't last long, although non-essential travel is still strongly discouraged in many areas.

Pretty sure Maine is still requiring it too, though I haven't been following too closely since without the ability to cut through Canada I doubt we'll make the drive out there this year.

We were suppose to go to Universal for a week middle of June but cancelled due to not wanting to deal with the mask requirement in the hot Florida weather. We decided to do Gatlinburg instead for the week and push our Universal trip out to when restrictions ease. We also have a cruise booked on Carnivals new ship Mardi Gras in November. Keeping fingers crossed it doesn’t get cancelled. I’m not worried about traveling. I’m ready to start living again :)

As of today (I think), Florida is still requiring it, but only for individuals coming to Florida from NY, NJ and CT

I just booked three nights at a waterpark hotel in the Dells for late July. Wisconsin Dells is local for us, a few hours away. I booked a condo so I could cook more if need be, instead of going to a lot of restaurants. I don't want to spend hours in line waiting at every meal, if capacity is still reduced at restaurants. That's probably going to be it for us this summer. Still hoping for Disney at Xmas - only time will tell.

Alaska has a 14 day quarantine for out of state visitors until June 1st. They have a system similar to that in Hawaii where you are monitored until the 14 days are up.

We had hoped to drive up to see our son and his family this summer but since the border is closed, probably until July 1st at least, that’s out.

I don't feel "untouchable" but I just want to go somewhere, anywhere. I want to look forward to something again and it just seems hopeless.

That's exactly how I'm feeling. Vacations are the thing I look forward to the most, traveling makes me happy. Not being able to even really plan a trip is driving me nuts.

My step daughter just texted to ask if we wanted to go to Hilton Head if we are able in July. She has access to a condo. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I was thinking this fall going somewhere.
My sister texted earlier this week wanting to plan a girl’s trip to HH or maybe Tybee Island for late June or July. I’m a no, though. I don’t want to go anywhere hot and humid, and do not want to deal with masks in that type of weather. Other reasons- uncertain air travel, unfamiliar location with sites and restaurants with possibly reduced capacity.

Made the hard decision recently to cancel our summer family trip. Had a VRBO rental that was fully refundable up to May 31. While the area is OK and DH and I could drive, our 3 kids would have to fly long distances and my concern was that if any of them picked up the virus and brought it along, no one would be able to fly home for a while. I know they would feel guilty exposing DH and I to it as we have some underlying conditions. Plus the airlines keep changing flights, cutting flights, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Every person I know who had already booked summer air travel has already been cancelled by the airline. I don’t want to deal with the uncertainty.

DH started a new job in March. Went to the office one day and then worked from home for 2 months. He’s back at the office this week. We had already pretty much decided that due to the job change and his desire to get up to speed, we would probably have a low key summer travel season. Corona solidified that decision. If we travel, it will be last minute, most likely driving, and fairly close to home. I don’t want to deal with planning , uncertainty, and cancellations.

Plus, we don’t want to spend a lot to go places that we don’t really want to be. We’d rather save the $$ and the vacation time and hopefully have a travel rich 2021.

Yes, driving to a cabin on a lake in the next state. Will be very easy to keep our distance and stay out of restaurants if we aren't comfortable. I daydream of a late 2020 Disney (or anywhere in Florida) trip but it is highly doubtful.

My sister texted earlier this week wanting to plan a girl’s trip to HH or maybe Tybee Island for late June or July. I’m a no, though. I don’t want to go anywhere hot and humid, and do not want to deal with masks in that type of weather. Other reasons- uncertain air travel, unfamiliar location with sites and restaurants with possibly reduced capacity.

Every person I know who had already booked summer air travel has already been cancelled by the airline. I don’t want to deal with the uncertainty.

DH started a new job in March. Went to the office one day and then worked from home for 2 months. He’s back at the office this week. We had already pretty much decided that due to the job change and his desire to get up to speed, we would probably have a low key summer travel season. Corona solidified that decision. If we travel, it will be last minute, most likely driving, and fairly close to home. I don’t want to deal with planning , uncertainty, and cancellations.

Plus, we don’t want to spend a lot to go places that we don’t really want to be. We’d rather save the $$ and the vacation time and hopefully have a travel rich 2021.

We have flights to Costa Rica in July and they haven't been cancelled yet.

Since I posted that, my step daughter said the resort was booked up in Hilton head and did we want to go to Williamsburg va. I told her we would see. I’m like you. Since I’m retired I hate traveling in summer. Too hot. Plus things in Williamsburg aren’t even open yet. Not sure I want to deal with partial openings. But hate to say no to the kids. We could just hang out assuming the pools are open. We have a 9 hour drive and I’ve never been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter