Votes: 120 79.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • I call them something else

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters
:confused3Maybe not - I certainly never wanted that from my DH's daughters, who were both older teens when we married. We've never really been able to stomach the "step" thing either. We refer to one another as Dad's wife and DH's daughters, when the context is necessary.

If you knew my ex, you’d know that he would absolutely try and guilt my daughter into calling any new spouse mom.

Kinda off topic but I have a sister in law, much older than I, that calls me mom when she visits...:scared: Drives me bonkers. Thankfully she lives out of state and doesn't come very often.
:scared:Oh gravy...just why? That's not the kind of thing I'd probably put up with. Have you ever told her to knock it off?

When we were newlyweds, I actively avoided calling them anything. Because I didn't know what to call them.
When our kids were born, I was soooooo happy to call them Grandma and Grandpa because it was easy.
As the kids got older and the years strolled by, I called them by their first names.
Now, I do sometimes call FIL "Pops" like my husband.
He remarried about 18 months ago (4 years after my MIL passed) and I call his wife by her first name.

I am in my 50's and newly married and I found myself just naturally calling my husband's mother, "Momma". First, my mother has been gone for 10 years now and I think it was easier to just fall into calling MIL "Momma" because I've known her since I was about 8 and also she has early stages of dementia so I don't think she minds either way. I think she's just happy to see her son treated nicely. His late wife wasn't a very nice lady from what everyone says.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter