Do You Make Room Requests?

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
We are going to stay at the WL for time and I'm wondering if we should make room requests? Most of the time on our previous stays elsewhere I put in a request for a particular floor or bldg. Half the time I get my requests. I have never stayed at the WL so I really don't know what to request or even what to expect. I have read every thread in the FAQ on the WL. Some people like this standard view better while others prefer another. If you don't put in a request are you more likely to end up in a bad location or is it just hit or miss?

I'd make the requests for what you want, however, in my experience I usually don't get what I ask for. :(

I guess other than basic requests like non-smoking, king, etc. I don't get too specific. We were at WL last December and when they told me the room number I knew immediately it wasn't what we wanted (ground floor) so I simply asked if they had anything higher and was given a fantastic room. We're staying at YC this year and I've read that you need to be specific when reserving a waterview room so I will ask that be on my reservation - something like "direct waterview preferred" but not an actual room number.

Honestly, I think the only reason DH & I bother with room requests is to have fun planning the vacation! Requests have been granted about 50/50, and we've never had a room assigned that we asked to change - we don't feel like we've ever had a bad room.

For our upcoming Poly trip, we checked out Tikiman's site, we read posts here and trip reports on the TR board to get some ideas of recommendations, and we have made the request to be in Aoteroa (sp??) because of the proximity to the monorail and GCH. Will I be devastated if we are put somewhere else? Heck no! Has it been fun to plan, study maps, strategize, anticipate and all that good stuff? YOU BET!!!

Other than smoking/non-smoking preference and anything related to health needs, room requests are just a fun extra to us.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter