Do you use real or electric candles for your Advent wreath?

Assuming facts not in evidence.
He assumed people had Advent wreaths. And that people had candles on them (do they require candles? I really don't know.)
I assumed that people who were Catholic/Christian/religious were mostly going to answer the thread. Candles are important (or the colors they are) because of their meaning (similar to a menorah). I figured those who don't celebrate Christmas would just skip the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

I don’t have one - I have nowhere to put one.
I do enjoy looking at the one at church every weekend 🙂
People sometimes make paper ones as well.

And for those who don't know what an Advent wreath is, here is an example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_wreath

*Note, I'm not trying to promote my religion. I'm just trying to show a clear example of what I'm talking about*

Last edited:
I assumed that people who were Catholic/Christian/religious were mostly going to answer the thread. Candles are important (or the colors they are) because of their meaning (similar to a menorah). I figured those who don't celebrate Christmas would just skip the thread. Sorry for the confusion.
There was no confusion. I was trying to make a joke. Then had to explain the joke, which means it wasn't very good.

I would suggest if you want to narrow who answers a question, to add that to the title. "Christians: What kind of candles do you use on your Advent wreaths?"

There was no confusion. I was trying to make a joke. Then had to explain the joke, which means it wasn't very good.

I would suggest if you want to narrow who answers a question, to add that to the title. "Christians: What kind of candles do you use on your Advent wreaths?"
Then the Mods would probably lock it.

Heard of Advent calendars but never heard of an Advent wreath. Regardless of how you use real candles, I don't think it is safe to have them burning unless someone is actually in the same room to keep an eye on them. Some people burn candles in the bathroom or various rooms of their home which I have never thought to be a good idea. They make several types of battery powered candles which seem a lot safer.
Advent Wreaths are generally lite before dinner and stay on only while the family is eating. The first Sunday of Advent you light one (purple) candle. say a prayer and continue to do so each night. The second Sunday you light 2, 3rd Sunday you light 3 (2 purple and the pink) and 4th Sunday you light all 4. On Christmas, you also light the center white pillar candle (if you’ve got one).

No. Because I know some non religious people who also use them as well (though I disagree that they should if they are making fun of it's meaning).
If someone enjoys having an advent calendar or wreath that's fine by me. There are all sorts of nice holiday traditions.

Never had on at home growing up & don't have one now. But if I did it would be either electric or battery candles.
Our church had one with real candles , which of course were only lit during service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter