• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you WANT or HAVE a favorite?

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
So far we've stayed at BWV (2xs), SSR (2xs), BCV and WL (but not villas - that is coming up). I really really really want to be able to pick ONE as my favorite that I want to always stay at -- I think it will help create a 'home' feel for me and my family. I want to know the ins and outs, the nooks and crannies...something that comes with repetitive stays.

My husband disagrees -- he likes the idea of mixing it up and staying at a different DVC each time.

:earboy2:

Do you and your SO agree or disagree on this? How do you feel about this? :confused3

Don't have a favorite yet - but it would be nice to be able to - in the future - say that one of our home resorts were a favorite! We own OKW and SSR - so hopefully it'll be one of those two!

I haven't tried all the DVC resorts yet, but I would like to. Our home is SSR and we love it there. We have tried VB, OKW and VWL in January. So far I have not been disappointed in any of them. I wouldn't get my heart set on one resort, because you might be disappointed if there wasn't space there for the time that you want to visit Disney. We will probably always try SSR if it is available, but I know that I won't get my heart set on a certain resort, because I will be happy just going to Disney and Florida. Illinois winters get longer and longer. :cool1:

As you know, we haven't yet found one favorite - but a couple!

I do wish we could stay at the same place everytime and love it, but its also nice to have a couple different places that we love. ;) It makes a nice reason for an extra trip, too. :cool1:

I actually am a bit envious of those people who say, "I love OKW and won't stay anywhere else." Or one of the Carols (I forget which one it is) on this DVC board who proclaims BWV to be her absolute favorite.

Perhaps I could talk DH into this!

CRSNDSNY said:
I actually am a bit envious of those people who say, "I love OKW and won't stay anywhere else." Or one of the Carols (I forget which one it is) on this DVC board who proclaims BWV to be her absolute favorite.

Perhaps I could talk DH into this!

Those OkW veterans are just that and are really too ancient to change :rotfl2:

WLV are our favorite. We just feel so at home there. We've stayed at OKW (didn't care for it at all- we were there for 10 nights and everyday we were wishing we were at WLV) BWV ( they were nice) VB was beautiful

We have tried them all several times including HH and Vero and on site SSR is our new favorite with HH being our favorite off site location.

However I like the others enough to never be upset about staying elsewhere.

I do want to try all the DVC resorts, that is kind of the fun thing for me to do. But I do hope that my home resort is my favorite for obvious reasons. I don't see any reason at this point why it won't be :) :)

Boardwalk is definately my favorite and I think will always stay that way. Having said that however we like trying the different DVC resorts (in fact we like trying all the Disney resorts). We just came back from OKW and I am beginning to understand even better why people love it.

We absolutely love our home resort, SSR, but then again we have never stayed at any of the other DVC resorts... However, last time we went we made a point of going to the other resorts to check them out (except OKW - ran out of time) and we agreed after that SSR was definitely the right resort for us, none of the others gave us that warm fuzzy home feeling... :cloud9:

In fact, we are taking my family in April-May - there will be six of us and I have booked a 1BR and a 2BR at SSR. Now, I was going to try for a GV at OKW at the seven month mark but...I just can't imagine not staying at SSR so I ended up not bothering! :rotfl2: As nice as it would be to all stay "under one roof" DH and I agree that we'd rather be home... :goodvibes

We have said that we'll try all the resorts eventually, but I guess we're just not ready for that right now..! :teeth:

Charlotte

we're in the process of trying all of them. we've done BCV(home, BWV, SSR, in 2006 we'll add OKW, 2007-HHI, early 2008-VWL (2nd home) and someday VB. Neither one of us want to stay the same place every time. I went many places growing up and would be really bored if I went to the same hotel every year. Mixing it up is a way of mising up the vacation because the themeing is different. If I wanted to go the same place every time and DH didn't..we'd comprimise: every other year we'd go to the "favorite" and every other year the other would pick where they wanted to go. that seems like a fair deal.

I'm happier being able to pick a specific resort for a vacation featuring a certain type of atmosphere... want to get away from it all to a little peace and quiet? VWL, want to be able to stumble home? SSR, feeling a bit snooty and looking for a pool vacation or its food & wine? BCV, missing the jersey shore? BWV, feeling tropical? OKW.

If I wanted to feel like I'm home...well that's where I'd spend my vacation!!! It'd be a lot cheaper too.

pmcpmc said:
Those OkW veterans are just that and are really too ancient to change :rotfl2:

Not all of us are veterans or ancient (just close!) We joined at VWL 2 1/2 years ago, and now DH refuses to stay anywhere but OKW. As a DVC salesperson told me recently, "Those OKW people, they're rather.....fanatical!" So he definitely has a favorite (Yup, fanatic).
We do sort of disagree. My favorite by far is BCV (and I didn't think I was snooty). So our way around this disagreement is that we go once a year, to OKW. Then I take another, solo trip, to BCV. If spouses disagree on a favorite, and aren't willing to take solo vacations, I just don't know how they work it out!

We love SSR, but IMHO the true value of DVC is variety. To be honest, I used to be one of those 'get comfortable with a place then never go anywhere else' people - nice and comfy here in my rut, thank you. ;) But over the years I've sort of learned that expectations can be more of a negative than a positive, so I learn to be happy with what I get - and any one of the DVC resorts is a grand place to spend a vacation. So we have no favorite and I hope we never do....

BWV is tops for me. That's why I own there. Also like OKW. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Our favorite right now is BCV because of the theming (go figure, we're from Jersey and like to stay in a resort themed on the shore of old). We've stayed at OKW and that has it's plus sides, one being the size of the rooms. This past trip we did our home resort of SSR...nice place, nice theme, but not our favorite. In Feb we're doing Wilderness Lodge Villas which may very well be our new favorite because MK is my favorite theme park and we love eating at Artist's Point. In reality, though, we're happy just being at WDW.

pbharris4 said:
not everyone who goes to the BCV is snooty

My post was only in reference to myself and how I might feel. After all I certainly wasn't implying that everyone who stays at SSR has a desire to stumble home either...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter