• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you WANT or HAVE a favorite?

I have not yet stayed at any DVC resorts except VB (and that was not as a DVC member). However, as I plan my upcoming trips, I'm finding that my first choice of resort is varying widely based on the particulars of each trip.

For my February trip, I'm just going to be there by myself for a few days. Therefore, I wanted a studio, and there was certainly no need for more than one bed in the studio. I also wanted to minimize the number of points I spent, as this was a bonus trip in addition to the others I had planned. At the end of the trip, I'll be picking up a rental car at the Dolphin. As a result, the best choice for this trip was a standard view studio at BWV. Luckily, I was able to book this.

I'm planning on going in September 2006 (hopefully the hurricanes will stay away) with a friend of mine. She would appreciate kitchen and laundry facilities right in the room. Both of us love the outdoors and accommodations with a lodge feel, so for this trip, I'm getting a one-bedroom at my home resort: VWL. (I'm keeping where we're staying a surprise. She's going to go crazy - in a good way - when she sees the place.)

I'll be going down in late May/early June 2007 with two or three friends. We're all adults, and we don't want to be on top of each other, so I'll probably want a two-bedroom unit for this trip. We'll probably also be spending a good amount of time at DTD. In addition, I don't want the two-bedroom unit to bankrupt me in terms of points. As a result, the best choice for this trip will be either SSR or OKW.

So for me, there's no "best" resort. The differences among the resorts really allow me to pick the best resort for the particular trip (and hopefully, I'll continue to have luck with booking what I most want).

DH and I vote SSR and OKW tie. We love the location of SSR and the rooms at OKW. Then BWV. But the thing is we LOVED BWV. So it is hard to rank. I want to try them all. DH doesn't want to try VWL, it just doesn't appeal to him. Next trip we are going back to SSR because it is our home but maybe I can add a few days at BCV first.

We've stayed at all of the DVC resorts over the past 12 years.

Our absolute favorite is Eagle Pines! The artists renditions are great! Now, if they would only build the darn thing..... :teeth:

OK, just joking.

If staying in a Studio, then it's BWV, BCV, or VWL. The selection will depend on what we plan on doing that trip. EG planning to do HDDR, a lot of MK, then VWL makes sense. If planning more Epcot, then it's BWV or BCV. If planning to swim, then BCV.

If staying in a 1-B/R villa, then it's OKW purely for the size of the unit. SSR is a tossup and is nice for either a 1-B/R or Studio. If we don't plan on doing a lot of park days for the trip, SSR is a good choice for it's proximity to DD.

As others have said, it's the variety that makes DVC so great. It's just like the old Mounds/Almond Joy candy bar commercial: Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...... :goodvibes

I have stayed at VWL, SSR, OKW and VB. Oddly, I have no desire to stay at BCV or BW. Just to busy for my liking. But I am sure if I do suck it up and stay there I will change my mind!!!

My favorite and why we bought was VWL. Close to MK, convenient to eating at Monorail resorts, easy to get to campground (this is a quiet secret, there is plenty to do over there that costs nothing or almost nothing!!!). Plus I love renting boats and going out on the water, boats are faster!!!

SSR and OKW are very enjoyable also, especially if we are just hanging at the resorts, and visiting down town.

Vero Beach is awsome also!! Big enough to not feel overwhelemed, but small enough you can let the kids have fun and not be on their backs 24/7!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter