Doctor on demand

Wouldn't reviews on the internet be from people who have used it?

And wouldn't any review you got here be a "review from the internet"? Since we are on the internet.

:confused3

I'm not understanding why reviews here (a Disney website) would be better than reviews from, say, a medical forum?

Sorry I miss spoke I hate when I do that I googled it and all I saw was the web site for it and it was saying stuff I don't believe like how they can diagnose then

No they can't you have to pee in a cup u can't just talk to a doctor

I went to the App Store and all I got were good reviews

Doctors have something chage can uti and other things of that nature be Dignosed with face time

Wouldn't reviews on the internet be from people who have used it?

And wouldn't any review you got here be a "review from the internet"? Since we are on the internet.

:confused3

I'm not understanding why reviews here (a Disney website) would be better than reviews from, say, a medical forum?
I like to ask people options on here. I can interact and ask follow up question if need be.

I have used it for a middle of the night UTI. It took less than 30 minutes to consult with the dr. and get a prescription sent to a 24 hour pharmacy. Super easy and I think it cost $35-$40. So much more convenient than sitting in urgent care in the middle of the night or waiting several hours for the doctor's office to open.

I heard about it from my sister, who also used it for a UTI.

I probably wouldn't use it unless I knew for sure what was going on.

Last edited:
I have not used it. I've seen comments that American Well is considered by some as the best telehealth service available. You can read a little on it here:

https://www.americanwell.com/press-...-the-most-popular-telehealth-app-of-the-year/

excerpt:

Amwell is Again the Most Popular Telehealth App of the Year
Consumers are turning to Amwell for fast and convenient video visits with doctors

BOSTON (Jan. 11, 2016) American Well, a leading telehealth services provider, today announced that Amwell, its consumer-facing mobile app for live, online doctor visits, is the #1 most downloaded telehealth app for the second year in a row. According to App Annie, a global leader in app analytics and app market data, Amwell was the most popular telehealth app of 2014 and 2015 in the U.S., based on combined iOS and Google Play downloads1.

Amwell is free to download from the Apple App Store or Google Play and gives people the ability to see a doctor of their choosing by video, in less than three minutes on average. Amwell offers access to U.S. board-certified and telehealth-trained doctors, psychotherapists and registered dietitians. Amwell can be accessed from a mobile device – including smartphones and tablets – or a desktop computer.

In addition to connecting people with doctors for high-quality medical care, telehealth apps like Amwell save people time and money. A recent Harvard Medical School study found the average total visit time for an in-person medical visit is 121 minutes, including 37 minutes of travel time and 84 minutes in the clinic waiting and filing paperwork. Of those 84 minutes, only 20 are spent face-to-face with the doctor. Translated into money, the total productivity cost of 121 minutes is about $43 lost to the individual....

...About American WellAmerican Well is transforming the way healthcare is delivered through telehealth. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We deliver healthcare into people’s homes and workplaces through our work with top health plans, health systems and employers, as well as our telehealth app, Amwell. A patient using Amwell can be connected to a board-certified doctor of their choosing in just minutes for a visit carried out over smartphone, tablet, kiosk, phone, or desktop.

American Well and Amwell are registered trademarks or trademarks of American Well Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners. For more information on our services, visit www.americanwell.com. To download Amwell and have a doctor visit now, visit www.amwell.com.

I well spill the beans I have either a uti or a kidney infection

I don't recall having a kidney infection before so I am not sure if the treatment is the same

I well spill the beans I have either a uti or a kidney infection

I don't recall having a kidney infection before so I am not sure if the treatment is the same
Please go see your own doctor. You are on a number of meds already, right? Your best advice will come from a professional that knows and understands all the details of your personal circumstances.

tbh, when you are going to the Dr in person it is mostly talking anyways, with them using their stethoscope for like 2 seconds. If there was a need for blood tests or urine the could send you a lab form for stat labs, mine does regularly. Most calls probably require minor antibiotics and I doubt they give major narcotics. I haven't needed to use them but I would if I did.

tbh, when you are going to the Dr in person it is mostly talking anyways, with them using their stethoscope for like 2 seconds. If there was a need for blood tests or urine the could send you a lab form for stat labs, mine does regularly. Most calls probably require minor antibiotics and I doubt they give major narcotics. I haven't needed to use them but I would if I did.

I never thought of that from that angle

Our insurance company sent us a card for this type of thing (I can't remember the exact name) You can call in and talk to a dr and get a script. It was for things like ear ache, uti, I think it said pink eye maybe. I just glanced at it and put it in my travel stuff, I figured I would never need it unless we were gone, and even then, only if I knew what was wrong.
It was for really basic stuff though, things you could go to a minute clinic for. The copays were the same for it as our regular dr (instead of ER) so I assume they are doing it to try and keep people out of the ER
I about died laughing though that it would cost me the same as a dr visit. I diagnose myself (cause I would have to to know if I had something on the list) and then still pay. Still, when my kids were young and we were on vacation, if they ran a fever and had an earache I would have used it to get a script.

My insurance company offers a phone call with a dr. They can dx and prescribe meds for some things. Depending on what it is, they'll give you a full prescription or a 3 day prescription with the advice to follow up with your dr for a full dx and prescription. It's been handy on occasion and has kept us out of the urgent care a few times, which is what they were hoping to achieve with the program. Ours is $5 fee, which is less than our copay.

I did a Teledoc appt last month for what I thought was pink eye. I got my antibiotic eye drop prescription and was pleased with how the whole thing went--especially with having a 3 month old. Except it was misdiagnosed and I had to go to an eye doctor for a different treatment to fix it. I would still try Teledoc again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter