Does the new Genie+ pay-per-attraction system alter your views on DVC's value?

I guess my point is that they were either free and removed as a benefit or they were paid for via a hidden fee in the room rate or the ticket price.

If they were free benefits, then Disney is now charging for something that used to be gratis. If they were incorporated into the price which was paid, then prices should be reduced accordingly.

Either way, this is a bad. money- grubbing look for Di$ney.
I hear you. When a company does their business plan they have to account for where the funds are going to come from to pay for everything including the infrastructure and there is no "free" entry on the ledgers. An example would be for the non-dvc hotel parking lots. The cost to maintain them was included in the price you paid for the room. Now they are charging for people to park. This is just a money grab that they not to long ago started since alot of the hotel industry started doing this also. I am waiting for Disney to start charging resort fees too just like other hotels do now. I recently had to stay at a hotel and asked what the resort fee was for and they said the free coffee, free wifi and free continental breakfast. I said it isn't free if you are charging a resort fee to cover it.

We are already adjusting the way we use our DVC. We had/have a pre-booked 5 night stay coming up in December. I'm looking forward to being at the BW again (although part of me wishes I booked AKV - our other resort - because of the animals). However, I'm still debating on park tickets. This started as a no park trip. With prices up it may well stay that way, although we love EPCOT and being so close. We are doing this trip with another couple, they have one day hoppers. I don't want to pay $204 for a one day hopper per person (think that was the cost when I checked?). I think that is insane. Maybe I'll just buy two one day tickets for EPCOT only.

Never really had to think about park ticket prices too much before - between renewing AP's (no longer have for a couple of years now), and lower park prices, we did what we wanted. But, we've done it so often, we're having a hard time justifying paying these prices to do the same things again.
Next year, I have zero plans to go to WDW, whereas pre COVID we went multiple times a year. I'm comparing it to other places to travel to, and it just keeps coming up more expensive (estimating).

I have loved our DVC so much for so long, but since Feb 20, not so much anymore. Thinking of other ways to use our DVC to our benefit.....

I guess my point is that they were either free and removed as a benefit or they were paid for via a hidden fee in the room rate or the ticket price.

If they were free benefits, then Disney is now charging for something that used to be gratis. If they were incorporated into the price which was paid, then prices should be reduced accordingly.

Either way, this is a bad. money- grubbing look for Di$ney.

That is true. They have not adjusted the cash prices. However, the increase may not be as large or as soon as it would have been. And, they did lose a lot of money during the closure so obviously are trying to find ways to deal with it...whether we as consumers like it or not.

But, again, Disney is a business and they do get to make the decisions on how much they want to offer and how much they want you to pay as a guest.

Of course, with any business, they have to then be prepared to accept the consequences of those decisions and if they start seeing many WDW guests going elsewhere then they will either need to adjust or have their business bottom line suffer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter