Does the plant based burger at abc commissary taste like meat?

The plant based "meats" are full of chemicals to attempt to make the plants look and taste somewhat like meat.

Anyplace might refund the price but that doesn't mean everyone thinks they should have to. I would ask for a refund if it was burned, severely undercooked, loaded with condiments I asked them to hold, or the entirely wrong entree. If it was prepared properly and I don't like the taste, I've lived and learned.
I couldn't disagree more! If you've scarfed down the item and then want a refund, then no, don't ask for a refund! But, if you have taken a bite and find it inedible or disgusting, I believe Disney wants you to be satisfied. They don't want people leaving Disney thinking the food is disgusting garbage. They would rather you leave with the idea that Disney cares about the customer and that they offer fantastic service! Disney food is really expensive and we work far too hard for our money to throw it in the trash!

There are lots of people that don't eat meet but enjoy things like Impossible and Beyond Burgers (tasting like meat).
Other people (like me) find that their bodies don't like all the chemicals found in burgers that taste meat-like.
This is me. I eat meat, but have tried “plant based” products. In most cases when a plant tries to taste like meat it takes a lot of artificial chemicals to get there. They don’t agree with my system. I say I’d you want to eat plant based ( which we do several nights a week) eat ACTUAL plants. If you want to eat meat, eat real meat. Wholefoods> chemicals.

I couldn't disagree more! If you've scarfed down the item and then want a refund, then no, don't ask for a refund! But, if you have taken a bite and find it inedible or disgusting, I believe Disney wants you to be satisfied. They don't want people leaving Disney thinking the food is disgusting garbage. They would rather you leave with the idea that Disney cares about the customer and that they offer fantastic service! Disney food is really expensive and we work far too hard for our money to throw it in the trash!
You can disagree all you want but who made you everyones moral authority? I’m glad you have your beliefs but believe me, you won’t be shaming me for my beliefs. And I never said Disney food is disgusting garbage. I said one entree was terrible. You are making quite a jump there.

Anyplace will refund an order if one doesn’t like the food. If I get a burger and don’t like it. They replace it or refund it. That’s standard. And Disney will always make things right. As they should.
You can disagree all you want but who made you everyones moral authority? I’m glad you have your beliefs but believe me, you won’t be shaming me for my beliefs. And I never said Disney food is disgusting garbage. I said one entree was terrible. You are making quite a jump there.

Whoa! How does disagreeing with you and agreeing with Disneypro1 make me someone who is trying to be everyone's moral authority? I wasn't shaming anyone any more than you were "shaming" Disneypro1! It's called having a different opinion, viewing things differently. The fact is, I rarely ever complain about food in a restaurant. If something wasn't burnt, for example, but I truly thought it was awful tasting, I would mention it to the waitstaff, if they asked how it was. If at a quick service (and the line wasn't too long) I would probably say, "I wanted to let someone know that I really disliked this item and couldn't eat it." Generally, they will offer you something else or a refund. I agree with Disneypro1 that Disney will make things right for you.

Whoa! How does disagreeing with you and agreeing with Disneypro1 make me someone who is trying to be everyone's moral authority? I wasn't shaming anyone any more than you were "shaming" Disneypro1! It's called having a different opinion, viewing things differently. The fact is, I rarely ever complain about food in a restaurant. If something wasn't burnt, for example, but I truly thought it was awful tasting, I would mention it to the waitstaff, if they asked how it was. If at a quick service (and the line wasn't too long) I would probably say, "I wanted to let someone know that I really disliked this item and couldn't eat it." Generally, they will offer you something else or a refund. I agree with Disneypro1 that Disney will make things right for you.
There is a way to disagree aggressively and to disagree tactfully. IMO, your way of disagreeing was the former and I responded how I did. It's over and I've moved on.

Please explain.... if you're a vegan/vegetarian why the heck do you want a "burger" to taste/look like meat? confusing.

Many don’t. Beyond Meat and Impossible Meat aren’t targeting vegetarians. They’re targeting meat-eaters who would like to reduce their greenhouse gas footprint. Those products are very similar to beef nutritionally, and taste nearly the same, but contribute far less carbon dioxide to the environment. The process of raising cows for slaughter is very harmful to the environment, so people who are aware of this and care but still want beef now have an earth-friendly option.

Many don’t. Beyond Meat and Impossible Meat aren’t targeting vegetarians. They’re targeting meat-eaters who would like to reduce their greenhouse gas footprint. Those products are very similar to beef nutritionally, and taste nearly the same, but contribute far less carbon dioxide to the environment. The process of raising cows for slaughter is very harmful to the environment, so people who are aware of this and care but still want beef now have an earth-friendly option.
That’s all 100% opinion. lol. Just eat meat. Folks will be a million years from now.

Taste is subjective. The large negative environmental impact of raising cows for slaughter is not an opinion. Many scientific studies have been done.
Nope. Never been nor will it be proven scientifically. Any study is biased based on financial support and that allows bias.
the whole climate change fuss is a political hoax. Different argument. Different forum. in any case. These plant burgers taste horrible. Nothing like meat.
Didn’t AlGore say we would all be gone by now? Seriously though. Have fun at Disney. Peace.

Um.. no. These are facts not opinions.
You mean like all the other climate studies that were proven wrong 30 years later? lol. Come on. Don’t fall for the hype.
Just enjoy Disney. And I’m sure we all burn lots of fossil fuels getting there. Lol
Anyways. Veered way of course here. Apologies.
Peace

Last edited:
That’s all 100% opinion. lol. Just eat meat. Folks will be a million years from now.

Home sapiens have only been around for 300,000 years and the consumption of domesticated meat goes back only about 10,000. I would expect the planet to be a much different place a million years from now. And, it certainly doesn't hurt to be more cognizant of how we produce and eat foods. And, of course, humans have altered the earth including the land, oceans, and atmosphere. There are almost 8 billion of us!

I don’t want it to taste like meat!
My carnivore dh eats all the meat-I do not.
Here's the thing, @married2mm--My limited experience with the plant-based burgers at WDW is that they have a mouth feel that's very much like meat. I'm vegan and have been vegan or vegetarian for a long time. I was thoroughly disgusted by the burger (at Restaurantosaurus--don't know if it was Impossible or Beyond) and would never have one again. The newer plant-based burgers are not like the older ones, which were veggies shaped into a burger. These are whatever-they're-made-of trying as hard as they can to mimic the feel and look of meat. Yick--to me. I realize there are plenty of vegans and vegetarians who love these. I was grossed out and would never have one again. Exception for the apocalypse!

Home sapiens have only been around for 300,000 years and the consumption of domesticated meat goes back only about 10,000. I would expect the planet to be a much different place a million years from now. And, it certainly doesn't hurt to be more cognizant of how we produce and eat foods. And, of course, humans have altered the earth including the land, oceans, and atmosphere. There are almost 8 billion of us!
We could debate that if you want to get onto scriptures. But lol. That’s not allowed. Peace
This thread did get a bit off topic.
I’ll just say. I’m done. Too many good things at the world to disagree on this.

Last edited:
Anyone tried it and could kindly advise?

We tried it and LOVED it -- even the meat lovers in our family. Our youngest DD is vegetarian, so she ordered one and enjoyed it so much that she insisted everyone try hers. We liked it so much that we now order this every time we eat there.

Nope. Never been nor will it be proven scientifically. Any study is biased based on financial support and that allows bias.
the whole climate change fuss is a political hoax. Different argument. Different forum. in any case. These plant burgers taste horrible. Nothing like meat.
Didn’t AlGore say we would all be gone by now? Seriously though. Have fun at Disney. Peace.

Dear god.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter