Does your trip start when you leave home or when you arrive?

Gabkatt

Mouseketeer
For our family the vacation starts when we walk out the door. We have flown to WDW many times, but I think we have the best time when we drive. :drive: We had the option to fly this upcoming trip in Sept., but the family all agreed, they wanted to drive! I know it sounds crazy everyone cramped together in a van for 16 hours but there is just something about it! We talk, sing songs, play Disney music and fun car games like "License Plate Bingo". I just love spending time with my DW & DKIDS. :hyper:

Now, growing up...thats a whole different story! My father and my grandparents, their vacations didn't start until we got there. Driving as fast as they can :car: to get there...stressing the entire way! :scared: I hated it, but I can understand why some people do that. So my questions is what kind of vacationers are you? :listen:

Our vacation begins when we depart the plane in Orlando International Airport.

Our vacation begins when we walk out the front door to head to the airport. :woohoo:

Once that happens, I know I have enough plans/contingencies to allow for anything.

Excellent questions. I was pondering this stuff this morning when doing the whole "fly vs drive" debate. I think for this family trip to DW (it's our first together) flying is going to win. My 2 yr old would go nuts in the car and my dh would deffinately fall into the stress until you get there category :sad2:
However .. if the kids were a bit older and I was married to someone who wasn't in love with his horn then I would deffinately choose your method for sure!!
So I would have to say.. the vacation will start when I shut the front door and we head off to the airport !

The vacation, for me, starts the minute we leave our house :)

I like road trips, and the 9 hours to Orlando will be a breeze after all the 14 hour trips we've taken to Michigan this year.

Mine starts the right after I book my trip! heheh ;)

When we leave home.

As soon as we back out of the driveway! Planning and being on the boards everyday 10xs a day builds up the anticipation. 32 days and i am Disney bound!! :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :goodvibes

I wish we could drive :drive: but being 3000 miles away that's just not possible. It's a long day for us by the time we get to Orlando. We leave our home at 4:00 AM and don't make it to the world until around 5:00 PM. So for us it starts when we get to our resort and see that our bags made it from Boise to Orlando. About 50% of the time they beat us :scratchin

woo hoo :banana:

when we fly out we leave our house for the airport at 4am...so for me vacation starts the night before when I put the suitcase in the car!!

Well I leave in 6 days, and I feel like it has already started. I love getting vacation clothes, vacation medicine, vacation sunscreen and sunglasses and sun hats, etc. So vacation really does start for me 1-2 weeks before we leave. We are flying this time just because with gas prices I really think it is gonna be cheaper but we would have drove and been just fine with that. Not to mention, we are leaving our 19 month old home with family and I want to get back to him ASAP!!!! We live in IL and it would take us 24 hours of driving, but it wouldn't be that bad!!! I did it with my parents when I was little and enjoyed it very much. My hubby and I drive to Austin, Tx every year to visit his brother and that is 17 hours away and we arn't stressed out at all. We just enjoying having the time together!!!!!

Gabkatt said:
Now, growing up...thats a whole different story! My father and my grandparents, their vacations didn't start until we got there. Driving as fast as they can :car: to get there...stressing the entire way! :scared: I hated it, but I can understand why some people do that. So my questions is what kind of vacationers are you? :listen:

I hear you on that one. We rented a motor home and packed the night before we left. As soon as we got home from school -- time to pee then they threw us into the danged thing! After we stopped for supper .. GET INTO YOUR JAMMIES!! Then dad would drive like a bat outta you know where :sunny: and we would wake up in some parking lot (give me a break) Then breakie and ZOOM again Poor mom had to toss a frozen meal she had made the week before in the oven for dinner as we drove (can you believe this madness?)

Now for US I would never even imagine driving I would rather take the time to save enuff to fly. When do I start my vacation? As soon as I know it is happening and I call WDW to reserve. Then I begin buying things I MIGHT need like sunscreen little treats for ME on plane get the picture? :rotfl2:

I would say the minute that we get in the car and head for the airport.

Our family grew up traveling cross country in the back of an old stationwagon pulling a trailer. Then we graduated to minihomes and motorhomes. Now we're down to vans. LOL I absolutely love the roadtrip to Disney! Our vacations start as soon as we walk out the door and hop in the van (having it packed up the night before). This upcoming trip we're taking a bit of a detour from our usual route. First we're stopping off in VA Beach to drop of the kidlets with their aunt, uncle and cousins. They're spending the week at the beach with them...woohoo parents only trip! Then we're heading from their to Atlanta, Georgia to visit hubby's friend who he served in Iraq with for a few days. While there, we're going to check out the Atlanta Aquarium. Then we'll leave from there for Disney! WooHoo! The most exciting part of the trip! Man, I can't wait!

when I wake up on the day traveling out.
:offtopic: :)
By the way I just finished booking! Just my husband and I flying on Jan 27 for a wonderful 6 night vacation staying at CSR. I have a smile permantly plastered on my face right now ...Called AAA got the plan and saved $ 200 plus the plan

For us on this trip it will begin on Thursday after the kids get out of school on Nov. 30th. We leave Dec. 1st in the morning, check into our departing airport hotel, meet up with some friends then take the kids to see Santa Clause :santa: Then we will all go to Build A Bear and let them all make a bear, then its out to an early Dinner with our friends and then we will say our goodbyes, go back to airport hotel and get ready to go to WDW. :Pinkbounc

The minute our garage door closes, we are officially on our VACATION!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2:

Our vacation always begins the minute my DH walks in the door from work the day before we leave for vacation. He works alot of hours and usually works up until the day right before we leave. So once he is home I know we are leaving shortly and it starts.

Donald - my hero said:

I hear you on that one. We rented a motor home and packed the night before we left. As soon as we got home from school -- time to pee then they threw us into the danged thing! After we stopped for supper .. GET INTO YOUR JAMMIES!! Then dad would drive like a bat outta you know where :sunny: and we would wake up in some parking lot (give me a break) Then breakie and ZOOM again Poor mom had to toss a frozen meal she had made the week before in the oven for dinner as we drove (can you believe this madness?)

See, you know what I'm talking about! We do like to fly, its just we always plan a few days to get lost coming home if we have time. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter