Does your trip start when you leave home or when you arrive?

Mine's already started and we don't leave for another 39 days- I love, love, love all the planning!! Oh, wait... that would be just me! Umm, the vacation starts for the whole family the moment we load the car and head to the airport!!

Woohoo!!! 39 days, 5 hours and 10 minutes and we'll be in WDW!!! :cool1:

Like so many other posters, the mini-vacations start in the planning. Daydreaming about Disney at my office desk--and compulsively checking the DIS--is the next best thing to being there.

In terms of the vacation proper, we always fly to Disney. You know, sit back, relax, let someone else do the driving. And since getting there is now out of my control, I might as well enjoy the ride. So for me, the vacation starts after we make it through security. Then, we feel free to relax. DH orders a cup of coffee and a muffin, I'll browse the newstands, we'll settle down with our guilty reading pleasures. On the plane we'll pop in a Disney DVD to set the tone. Pure pleasure.

i agree with the my trip began when i started planning, planned this trip for over a year now and it will soon be here, but in the past year i was able to (if briefly) daydream about being there with my family which to me in itself offers me a little "mini-vacation"

Hey everyone, I haven't been on the boards in a little while, thanks for all your posts. I agree with most of you, there is so much excitement in planning it's like your already on your trip! :banana:

The minute my DH leaves work (the day before we take off) and gets home....Our vacation has started!
I can't wait for our vacation....We were suppose go to Vicksburg Mississippippi in July, but we had to cancel since my doctors would not let me go...I was really upset, but DH said we could go to WDW in 2/2007 and I perked up! :thumbsup2

We drive down to WDW from central NH-a 24 hour trip. We take about 2 days to get down there. We have done the trip twice now, the first time with a 6 year old and a 4 month old. This last time the kids were 10 and 3. Portable dvd players with Disney movies save the day and give us something to talk about and look forward to!!!
We enjoy the drive, we also stop at all the rest stops in each state and take a photo of the kids in front of the state signs.

Gabkatt said:
For our family the vacation starts when we walk out the door. We have flown to WDW many times, but I think we have the best time when we drive. :drive: We had the option to fly this upcoming trip in Sept., but the family all agreed, they wanted to drive! I know it sounds crazy everyone cramped together in a van for 16 hours but there is just something about it! We talk, sing songs, play Disney music and fun car games like "License Plate Bingo". I just love spending time with my DW & DKIDS. :hyper:

Now, growing up...thats a whole different story! My father and my grandparents, their vacations didn't start until we got there. Driving as fast as they can :car: to get there...stressing the entire way! :scared: I hated it, but I can understand why some people do that. So my questions is what kind of vacationers are you? :listen:

Well mine starts as soon as I book my trip cuz then I am in a vactionin :cool1: g state of mind!!

As soon as the SUV is packed, kids buckled in and DH pulls out of the drive way. Let the Vacation begin!

As soon as I wake up on the day we go to leave for the airport. Helloooo vacation!!!

mine starts as soon as I wake up on the day of departure. I need a vacation bad. :surfweb: Just to get away to my home away from real life. Ahhh...just a few more days. :bounce:

gcoxua said:
mine starts as soon as I wake up on the day of departure. I need a vacation bad. :surfweb: Just to get away to my home away from real life. Ahhh...just a few more days. :bounce:

I heard that! We are leaving in 3 weeks and Disney is definitely our 'Home Away from Real Life'! :thumbsup2

I was going to say it started when we got on the plane, but I just convinced DW for us to sneak over to Universal Studios for the day while we wait for the 10:45 p.m. flight out of LAX, so I guess it actually starts when we leave home.

(if you ask my boss, it started back in April, when we made the reservations. I don't think I've put in an honest days work since. :confused3 )

Our trip starts when we leave the house.

This year we are staying overnight by the airport and doing a Stay park and fly so our vacation starts a night early. YAY :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter