*Doing the Donald in 2010* Jan. Half Marathon Support Thread!

There is running room, but the people up the front, don't stop for photos or have fun!!!

There is running room, but the people up the front, don't stop for photos or have fun!!!

I was in the back and didn't stop for photos because I was afraid I'd get swept! I did have fun though! :)

Sandy~ I'm sending you a PM with yours and your dh's results (I got his numbers off the Goofy list).

Jenny~ That's such a great picture. I just love that golf cart. That's the only picture I wish I had gotten. I'll get it next year, hopefully! ::yes::

That was so kind of you!! I showed DH - Thank you so much for giving me those!!

I was in the back and didn't stop for photos because I was afraid I'd get swept! I did have fun though! :)

:rotfl2: That's what I said!

I grabbed this photo - I heard many were saying they heard others say they were last!! I have photo evidence thanks to the official site!

57860-3051-032t.jpg

57860-2788-019t.jpg

At some point I debated whether to join these girls, or just embrace last - and I thought of the back of the shirt - I decided embracing DLF!

57860-1709-012t.jpg

My friends the sweepers - she said they tried to get out of the photo - but I told her I loved having her around!!

Hi All~
We just got back last night from the cruise that followed the race. I finished and I had a blast! I didn't quite make it in the 16 minute mile required time my pace was more like 16:39, but I have the medal!!! Also, I had to stop for the porta potty TWICE, and as you all know those lines were sllllooooww!

Thanks to those of you with kinds words and towels that I met at the start and to all of you supportive folks on the boards. Also, someone was snapping photos from one of the overpasses with wish gear on...does anyone know who that was?

Anne

Sandy~ Great pics!

Anne~ Congrats!!! :)
I don't know who that was, I didn't see anyone taking pictures. I did see someone on an overpass wearing a sorcerer Mickey hat and Mickey hands cheering people on, and I've read on this board that he is a WISHer??

The Wisher with the hat was Matt, he runs the race and then goes back to the overpass to cheer!!!!!!

Sandy~ Great pics!

Anne~ Congrats!!! :)
I don't know who that was, I didn't see anyone taking pictures. I did see someone on an overpass wearing a sorcerer Mickey hat and Mickey hands cheering people on, and I've read on this board that he is a WISHer??

It was Matt on the overpass (ThndrMatt is his handle, I believe)! He's the best, and oftens runs his race then comes back to cheer on and walk with the back of the packers!

But the real reason I'm here, aside from congratulating you all, is to let you know I posted a thread on the WISH teams, whether they should continue, and if so how? I'd love to get your input!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2375591

Matt is so amazing - he was rnning the full marathon this year at the last minute and came out on Saturday morning just to cheer the half-ers!

I didn't see anyone taking pictures from an overpass either, though. :confused3

we saw someone at one point taking photos on an overpass, but no clue where we were at that point, lol.

Matt was just there cheering everyone on. There was a lift somewhere with the professional photogs around 15k. I snapped a picture of Matt. I'll upload it tonight.

and I'll add that Matt stuck around till *I* passed!! Yes, I was very excited to see him - the weather was brutal, and for him to stay on that overpass till the last person passed - that's a WISH spirit that keeps me going!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter