Donald's Defiant Dashers (AKA Triple D's/Duckies/The Ducks) Dashing into 2010

The Philly forecast is calling for snow Thursday & Friday.
After last Sunday's snow debacle - we're getting outta dodge earlier than planned!

Staying at POP Wed & Thurs., then BLT til Wed.

Joe, we can definitely meet up w/you & Steph if you don't mind a rambunctious, but adorable four year-old tagging along (& my husband, Bryan too). :rotfl:

Best of luck to everyone on Marathon Weekend!! You're going to do great & most importantly have fun doing it!!

Joe--
Any chance we'll see Steph at Princess 2012?? Come on Steph!:goodvibes

The Philly forecast is calling for snow Thursday & Friday.
After last Sunday's snow debacle - we're getting outta dodge earlier than planned!

Staying at POP Wed & Thurs., then BLT til Wed.

Joe, we can definitely meet up w/you & Steph if you don't mind a rambunctious, but adorable four year-old tagging along (& my husband, Bryan too). :rotfl:

We were stuck in Ft. Lauderdale because of the mess up here--get out while you can!!!

Are you driving?

We were stuck in Ft. Lauderdale because of the mess up here--get out while you can!!!

Are you driving?

Nope flying Southwest.
See? I told you I have ZERO willpower when it comes to Disney. :laughing:
I just could not imagine missing the marathon due to snow.
Better safe than sorry!

Nope flying Southwest.
Better safe than sorry!

At least Southwest only charges you the fare difference when you switch. No fees. Unlike just about every airline out there.:rolleyes1

Nope flying Southwest.
Better safe than sorry!

If you are worried about snow, you are better off driving! They may cancel flights, but you can always drive. I am flying southwest as well but will drive if desperate....I'm not missing this race!

Best of luck to everyone on Marathon Weekend!! You're going to do great & most importantly have fun doing it!!

Joe--
Any chance we'll see Steph at Princess 2012?? Come on Steph!:goodvibes
I don't think she will be doing any half marahons in the future. Steph is doing the 5K for the shirt only. We'll have fun stopping a lot to take pictures. Steph won't be up to watch the half on Saturday, but maybe she will get caught up in the festivities and get inspired to start running.
Have a good week everyone.
Joe

If you are worried about snow, you are better off driving! They may cancel flights, but you can always drive. I am flying southwest as well but will drive if desperate....I'm not missing this race!

NOT with a four year old in the car from Jersey!
I will either throw her or myself out. :laughing:

We can barely make the 2.5 flight!

Joe, I'd be up for a pre race meet in addition to Saturday night! As long as Carissa is up for it!

:thumbsup2

Carissa, at W&D we met up in the start area and then headed to our different corrals when it was time. It was fun to be together and share pre race jitters. lol And Joe and I may be a corral apart....I'm thinking he'll be in the corral ahead of me, but you may be right too.

I'm totally up for it! I just am very nervous about the whole getting to the race/start up etc. since I haven't done it before (not at WDW anyway) and not sure how everything will work. So glad I'll have you along to help me! :goodvibes

Hope everyone had a great new year celebration!

This weekend I was able to get evaluated by my nephew who is a sports trainer. He has worked for a minor league baseball team and currently works at a college. Anyway, he said I my right leg is a bit shorter than my left, which is causing me problems with my hip flexors and is why I have a groin strain. He also said I have flat feet and I overpronate (already knew that). He has given me a great plan for this week to try and get me to a better place for the race, but we both have doubts that it will help a whole heck of a lot with only a week to try and make things better. But, at least I know what the problem is and I know after the half I can work towards getting me all better. :cool1:

Look forward to meeting many of you in just a few days! :woohoo:

So I think I was in a slump for the past week...the two measly runs I attempted/did were awful! But today I did 5 miles in my neighborhood and it went better. Not 100%, but better. I'll take it! I'm hoping to run tomorrow and Thursday...maybe 3 tomorrow and 2 on Thursday, we'll see.

Renee~So you'll be doing W&D again, huh? I don't think I will be. I'm looking at the Princess in 2012 with a friend or friends. And if I can swing two races within two months, then I'd like to do the January half again next year.

Tricia~I enjoyed seeing your pretty, snowy pictures from your NC trip. We had a lot less snow here near Charlotte than you did where you were! How are you feeling, tubes cleared up yet?

Karin~At W&D I had the KT Tape applied the day of the race, so it stayed on quite well. The girl who taped me took her time and really rubbed on it for awhile to get it to bond onto my skin. She used the back of the paper you peel the tape from to rub it...she said that's a trick to get it to really stick on there. It definitely worked, mine didn't peel up on the edges at all, it was still fully bonded when I took it off post race. This time it'll be taped the day before....so we'll see how that works out. I hope it stays on!
I tried to tape my knee myself on a run before W&D and failed miserably. I can tape my Achilles just fine, but no way on the knee.
I haven't spoken to a PT or any dr's about the KT Tape...I took the diagnosis' they gave me and just gave it a shot. It holds my knee cap where it should be and that makes a difference for me apparently! And it gives my Achilles some extra support when I feel it needs it.
I envy you staying at BLT! That's where my friend and I stayed for last years half. And that's where we were for our Christmas trip last week! We LOVE BLT!!

Shannon~That's crazy about OKW. Wish you could have used it! I'm sorry the KT Tape didn't help you!

Joe~That's cool about your cousin!
Yeah...I was thinking about where we could meet pre race hmmm... Although I was there last year, I can't clearly remember the set up! And I can't remember if we have access to the alphabetical tents BEFORE the race (because then we could just meet at Tent "D"). They did have those big spotlights set up and we could meet by those maybe?? Last year my friend and I were standing near them and I think other people were near them because they were putting off some heat. lol I took a picture of the snow falling above them...the light made the snow visible in the dark. (I still can't believe it SNOWED in WDW.) We could also just text each other and meet up that way.
We also need to plan the Saturday night meet! We're going to watch the parade and fireworks together, right? Where were you thinking? Should we pick a spot where we can watch both the parade and Wishes from...so we can plant ourselves and stay put? Although maybe we shouldn't as we might all get stiff from being in one place for too long! LOL Or we can just take "excursions" for food and beverage...and potty breaks...and stretch our legs that way. :teeth:

Carissa~As long as we are on the bus from POP by 4am, we'll be just fine. We'll talk about our specific plans for when we want to get up and all that on Friday. :)

Thanks Liz - my snowy vacation was a lot of fun and yeah my sinuses are clearing up thankfully. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to breathe and that wouldn't be any fun!! I think I just played in the snow too much. It did wonders for my relaxation though - I didn't really have much time to think about the races so that is a good thing since we all know its mostly mental to get you through (at least that is what I am telling myself since I don't feel fully prepared in my training) I know I can go the distance as I did it last year but my training this year has only consisted of my weekly long runs - I know not the best training plan.

As far as meeting I normally go to the W tent since that is where the WISH team meets. Since we are a part of the WISH team we can meet there as well. I enjoy seeing other members of the WISH team that aren't Ducks on race morning. Not sure what everyone else thinks so lets discuss and make a plan. I won't be wearing a WISH shirt either day because I wear my charity's shirt. Its a red shirt that says Rally Athlete in white. Hopefully this year I won't have it covered up by 3 other layers although I would prefer that to it being any hotter than it has been forecasted for this year.

Also I wanted to make sure everyone knows about the Pop WISH meet on Friday at I think 4PM. I won't be there this year unfortunately but it was a lot of fun last year. Its a nice way to finally meet face to face with some of the people on the team as well as catch up with some old friends.

NOT with a four year old in the car from Jersey!
I will either throw her or myself out. :laughing:

We can barely make the 2.5 flight!

Whew--I hear you!! There are 2 reason why we've only flown as far as Florida & have only driven to Ohio twice --Ben (2) and Evan (8)--and the last time we drove to Ohio it 2 days & a lot of praying :lmao:

I don't think she will be doing any half marahons in the future. Steph is doing the 5K for the shirt only. We'll have fun stopping a lot to take pictures. Steph won't be up to watch the half on Saturday, but maybe she will get caught up in the festivities and get inspired to start running.
Have a good week everyone.
Joe

Well who knows, maybe she'll get the bug. My DH says Disney races are like rock -n-roll concerts for runners!:rotfl2:

I was on the SW site to get my boarding pass, and as my computer turned to the right time, I pushed the button, and still only got a 'B'. Which may be appropiate, as that is probably the corral I will be in.

Yes, maybe texting to meet might be a good idea, I have several of your numbers. I will also try to make it to the POP meet on Friday.

Everyone have a great trip down, and see you at the races!

Augie

My wife and I were logged on SW site at our time she got front A my dd and I got back A. It's amazing how fast they go. I would be in real trouble if they gave me what my corral. Good Luck everyone!!!

Also i would like to apologize about not being very social for serveral months life has been a little tilted to say the least. Luckily I have running to fall back on. I look forward to meeting some of my fellow ducks at the meet. Safe travels all.

Tricia~I'm glad you feel better! Carissa and I won't be at the POP meet as we will need to get to Epcot for our dinner ADR. Not sure what we'll do before the half...I think it'll be a play it by ear thing.

Augie~Hope to see you this weekend.

Tim~Good to hear from you, good luck this weekend!

Good luck this weekend everyone!! Can't wait to hear those race reports & will be sending warm thoughts your way for good weather!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter