Double, Double, Toil & Trouble: a Halloween-inspired trip of “two’s” – an October 2016 TR

Here is my house in Ajax just outside of Toronto. It has been snowing steadily since about 11:00 this morning. It is the wet packing snow but not enough on the sidewalk to have to shovel. Judy
20170318_142702 house.jpg

Your kitties are so adorable. I adore Maine Coon cats. My 13-year-old is BEGGING us to get a cat, and she may be slowly wearing us down ;)

Sorry the folks at check-in acted like such jerks. It's never a comfortable thing to watch a full-grown adult throw a toddler meltdown in public.

Hmmm...I wonder if you are going to Twistee Treat Lake Buena Vista? If so, that our absolute favorite treat in Orlando! I don't even want to admit how many times we usually stop there on a week-long vacation! The family that owns Twistee Treat LBV also owns a shop called Ginther's Swirls near Sea World. They sell all the same ice cream. We love their prices (and my hubby loves their peanut butter dipped ice cream cones!)

I had no idea they had a meet and greet in World of Disney. Where in the store is it? We were in there in September and had no clue.

Gina, I have that Minion's blanket too :)

We got a couple of photopass pics done, aside from with Santa since he's obviously seasonal. The Coke bear meets at the Coke store. When you use photopass it has a digital background. The bear can also open and close his mouth.

We also found a photopass person near a fountain in the new section and got a few nice photos, including one with a Disney Springs frame. We always kept our eyes open for them but that was the only one we saw out, but they can be found sometimes.

Attachments

• WDWRESORTSANDMORE_COKESTORE_20161104_7850462376.jpeg
    WDWRESORTSANDMORE_COKESTORE_20161104_7850462376.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 7
Well, didn’t that get the other folks all fussed up :sad2:.

The loud, obnoxious group of women at the front of the regular line actually starting yelling. I kid you not. “HEY, WE’VE BEEN STANDING HERE FOR ALMOST AN HOUR! WE WERE FIRST! WHY SHOULD THEY BE ABLE TO WALK RIGHT UP TO THE COUNTER?”. A guest services agent immediately came over and tried to calmly explain that we were Diamond Lane guests and as such, were entitled to use the dedicated Diamond Lane check-in line. Well, that just accelerated their yelling and I seriously thought there might be a brawl. “OOOOHHH, DIAMOND LANE [insert snooty mocking tone here :snooty:]. THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM ANY MORE DAMN SPECIAL THAN WE ARE. WE WERE FIRST! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! WE DEMAND TO BE NEXT!”.

:rolleyes1

Oh, it was awkward :rolleyes2. Never in my life have I witnessed such horrible guest behavior. I think that the guest services team also feared that things might get physical because a few extra staff were called from the back and they quickly took care of the loud, nasty ladies and their entourages of spouses and children. It burned my britches a bit that their shameful actions yielded them the immediate, personal service that they seemed to feel they deserved (I hate, hate, HATE to see poor behavior rewarded :mad: ….but oh well) but I could see why the Vistana staff wanted to stop things before they got worse. We just prayed that they were assigned to a different section of the resort than we were: if they acted this immature in the check-out line, can you see what kind of guests they would be a the pool? :confused3

The Diamond Lane attendant apologized sincerely and profusely. She felt bad for the spectacle, and it showed. She further apologized that our villa was not yet ready (as we knew before arriving, we were well ahead of the customary 4 pm check in time) but promised to text us as soon as the room was prepared.

Those same people were still at the check-in desk as we made our way back through the Welcome Center and to the parking lot, and made a point of turning to mutter a few loud rude remarks at us as we passed by. We ignored them, of course, but could not believe they were STILL feeling the need to be nasty, all because of the check-in process :confused:. Sometimes, the human race can be very disappointing.

So rude! It's a sad thing working in customer care you see a lot of bad behavior being rewarded. I wish it wasn't that way too.

Snow White was so gentle and sweet, though, and she took those little faces in her hands and spoke softly to them, and had them chatting with her as soon as they were able to find their voices. It was one of the most relaxing, peaceful Disney character meets that I had ever witnessed: completely unrushed and so very perfect for their first character interaction ever.

Bless her heart, Snow White [while seemingly engrossed in her time with the two girls] had fully noticed little Johan clinging to his dad’s hand on the sideline with his frowny face staring downward to the floor. After spending a wonderful amount of time with his sisters, she quietly tiptoed over, got down to his level, and quietly inquired “Well hello, little Prince. What is your name?”.

Snow White has magical powers pixiedust:. She somehow, in her own non-invasive way, managed to break through the five-year-old grumpies and was soon the recipient of high-fives while she gushed about his strong muscles. Lisa, who had originally been heartbroken that he wouldn’t take part in the experience (and that there would be no evidence of his presence in the photos that were being taken), stood quietly to the side with her eyes filled with tears. Photopass was capturing the whole thing and she would have precious memories of this moment for ALL of her kids, after all :thumbsup2.

It's so cute that Snow White involved him too!

Also we moved our flights to earlier on May 5th because we're doing so much and don't want to run out of time. So we should have no problem meeting up for ice cream!

Entitled people make me irate. Of course me yelling back at them that any idiot could have looked it up ahead of time and made an online request, and if their entitled mouthy butts had bothered to do any reading (provided that they were capable), they'd know that...well that probably wouldn't help much.:rolleyes:
I also have a wonderfully level headed husband who would mutter "NO!" at me if I started to open my mouth. He knows.:rotfl2:

I hope the stress and worry melted away quickly. People like that are their own karma.. they have to walk around life feeling like the whole world is out to get them. I can't imagine they are too happy or laid back. Personally I can only imagine that little scenario played out several more times if they visited any theme parks. Good freaking luck in Orlando if you're too precious to stand in a line and act like an adult.:rolleyes:

The pics of the kidlets with SnowWhite are lovely!! I miss seeing those little smiling faces when they saw characters. Mind you, my son used to loudly and embarrassingly yell YUCK!! every time he saw a princess. You were never going to get him in a picture with one. Funnily enough he turned 13 today ... when I suggested a princess meal for the upcoming Disney trip he said Sure!. My how things have changed. Girls aren't so yucky anymore.:rotfl:

Happy belated birthday to your newly-christened teenager!! I can't believe he's 13....he was just a little fella when we first started chatting on these boards. I hope you all had a lovely time celebrating his special day :goodvibes. It's so nice when a birthday falls on a weekend!

You made me laugh about the princess meal.....we went to Disney for the first time on Jake's 13th birthday, and we too did a few princess meals. While he wanted everyone to believe he was dining there under duress, his cheeky grin in all the photos showed he was having the time of his life. Which Disney meal did you decide on? I have been toying with adding a character breakfast for our spring trip, since it's not looking like the Disney After Hours event is going to be extended as we had hoped. I'm trying to decide between one at a Disney resort and one at one of the Lowes properties. Decisions, decisions :scratchin.

Here is my house in Ajax just outside of Toronto. It has been snowing steadily since about 11:00 this morning. It is the wet packing snow but not enough on the sidewalk to have to shovel. Judy
View attachment 226234

You guys got a good coating of the white stuff too!! Once the snow stopped here around noon yesterday, the temperature rose to well above the freezing mark and we ended up having most of ours melt away before nightfall. Judging by today's forecast (which is supposed to hit the high 40's), all evidence of the snowfall should hopefully be completely gone.

Your kitties are so adorable. I adore Maine Coon cats. My 13-year-old is BEGGING us to get a cat, and she may be slowly wearing us down ;)

Sorry the folks at check-in acted like such jerks. It's never a comfortable thing to watch a full-grown adult throw a toddler meltdown in public.

Hmmm...I wonder if you are going to Twistee Treat Lake Buena Vista? If so, that our absolute favorite treat in Orlando! I don't even want to admit how many times we usually stop there on a week-long vacation! The family that owns Twistee Treat LBV also owns a shop called Ginther's Swirls near Sea World. They sell all the same ice cream. We love their prices (and my hubby loves their peanut butter dipped ice cream cones!)

I highly recommend the Maine Coon breed as a family cat: honestly, we have never had such loving, affectionate, fun-loving, well-adjusted and robust cats. These two have been a true delight, and brought so much love to our home. But don't just get one, get two if you can: best decision we ever made. They always have each other for a playmate or comfort. And think of how happy not one, but TWO would make your DD!!

You are right on the money with your ice cream guess. It was a huge hit with the nieces and nephew! :thumbsup2

I had no idea they had a meet and greet in World of Disney. Where in the store is it? We were in there in September and had no clue.

I did a little Googling, and it appears it was a one-month special feature:

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...nd-greet-coming-to-disney-springs-in-october/

I don't know why, but it looks like it ran for just the month of October only. It seemed to be a HUGE hit with guests, so I wonder if they will bring it back as a more permanent fixture at some point? :confused3

Gina, I have that Minion's blanket too :)

We got a couple of photopass pics done, aside from with Santa since he's obviously seasonal. The Coke bear meets at the Coke store. When you use photopass it has a digital background. The bear can also open and close his mouth.

We also found a photopass person near a fountain in the new section and got a few nice photos, including one with a Disney Springs frame. We always kept our eyes open for them but that was the only one we saw out, but they can be found sometimes.

That minions blanket is Violet's favourite :cutie:. I am guaranteed a kitten snuggle when I bring it out at night. It is so soft, it's almost like its made of kitten fur!

We managed to get our photo taken with the Coke Bear as well.....it was a great new meet-and-greet, and we were so happy to see that its a permanent feature of the Coke store. You'll see that picture and our Coke Store review coming up before the end of this report :thumbsup2.

Thanks for the tip on the Photopass pics by the fountain. I will for sure keep our eyes open for that when we are back at DS next month!

So rude! It's a sad thing working in customer care you see a lot of bad behavior being rewarded. I wish it wasn't that way too.

It's so cute that Snow White involved him too!

Also we moved our flights to earlier on May 5th because we're doing so much and don't want to run out of time. So we should have no problem meeting up for ice cream!

Wahoo! :banana: That's great news! We both can't wait to say hello in person! :teeth:

Ohmygoodness, how have I missed this entire report!? I love a Gina TR!
Guess I have a lot of reading to catch up on. There goes my Sunday...! :goodvibes

OH Gina, I'm exactly like you. Poor behavior should not be rewarded, although I understand the management staff not wanting a full blown scene and possibly violence. I do hope they made sure your villa wasn't by theirs. I'm not good with confrontation, I tend to apologize (my fault or not) and step aside, but boy one of these days it would feel nice to stand up and say something to folks who feel entitled to special treatment.

And the kiddos look like they had a blast!

Dawn

Wow, sorry you had to listen to the rude woman as you were checking in, I love the photos you all got for the meet and greet. I didn't realize there was a meet and greet at WoD and we go there almost every trip.

Finally all caught up!!!!!! I just want to snuggle up Dash and V. I love them even if I haven't met them! Also your crispy kremes are making me crave one :(

14956479_10155146860261416_8832959325016699478_n.jpg

14915191_10155146861986416_1578031716734120925_n.jpg

Did anyone else do the math on those boys? I say boys because the oldest was only 22. Boys that age now can barely tie their own shoes without help. Not all but many.

What are those coloured things hanging down in that second picture?

I would probably really enjoy that museum. I have had the privilege of working with many vets over the last 12 years. There have been a few that were willing to talk about their experiences and it has been fascinating. Some truly heartbreaking stories. One man told me that when he was 14 he lied about his age so that he could go to war along with all the other boys in town. He was the only one that came home.

Did anyone else do the math on those boys? I say boys because the oldest was only 22. Boys that age now can barely tie their own shoes without help. Not all but many.

I did. Very very sobering. I believe there were many men drafted for Vietnam service - I can't imagine that kind of service and then so much loss of life. It sounds like a very powerful exhibit.

I dissappeared again...but I'm back. I can't believe that people reacted like that at check in. I would have been very upset. What an example they are setting for their children. They were probably the ones yelling later in the week at children to be patient in ride lines. I'm glad you didn't let it damper your day. I just wish people would realize it isn't worth sweating the small stuff. Your Disney Spring visit looks like alot of fun, I was pretty intrigued by the idea of a fun character meet there, I'm sad it wasn't offered longer. I understand that they want to get people in the parks but surely the draw of a character meet would get people in the store and the wait would cause some impulse purchases for them...bummer. Glad little guy warmed up to Snow White. My little guys highlight was dancing with Minnie his cheeks turned five shades red and immediately asked if I got a picture..I didn't :(. Such a fun memory. Excited for a twistee treat update...one of my Orlando favorites thanks to you :)

I did. Very very sobering. I believe there were many men drafted for Vietnam service - I can't imagine that kind of service and then so much loss of life. It sounds like a very powerful exhibit.
Yes, the draft was on then.
Approx 60% of servicemen killed in Vietnam were under the age of 21.

Oh boy, I wish I had your composure! It's REALLY hard for me to keep my mouth shut in those type of situations.

Sorry for the brief hiatus, everyone. Sundays tend to be Steve's only day off each week, so we try to do something fun on our official "Sunday Fun-days".....this week, we spent the day at The Henry Ford in Dearborn. What an amazing place!

17361735_10155563962401416_7197203042559244815_n.jpg

We toured the museum and caught a showing of 'Dream Big' at the Giant Screen Experience.

17362007_10155563860296416_3690967077527704628_n.jpg

It was fabulous!!

We spent 6 hours there and still didn't get to see it all.....I can't believe how massive the place is. The exhibits were so diverse, too: everything from the 1952 Wienermobile.....

17362625_10155563856116416_2112881732438311884_n.jpg

......to the bus on which Rosa Parks was arrested (I sat in her EXACT seat.....it was a very moving moment):

17362483_10155563862141416_5114522446366440221_n.jpg

17264533_10155563860041416_1175184069937602359_n.jpg

....to airplanes, trains, and more.

17425947_10155563923256416_7515236696498138945_n.jpg

17362825_10155563925326416_7395530628524605580_n.jpg

17353639_10155563945831416_2734935606279972458_n.jpg

Definitely worth a stop if you're ever in the Detroit area. And come hungry!! They have a very cool little diner in the center of the museum that's well worth a stop (you can read its very cool history here: https://www.thehenryford.org/explore/blog/lamys-diner/ )

17308864_10155563906291416_5216136643852891284_n.jpg

17424735_10155563902151416_3341517196284774606_n.jpg

17424926_10155563907496416_5985528468382330430_n.jpg

Be sure to have their "wavy cake" (which I'm told is also called "Bumpy Cake" here in SE Michigan):

17424761_10155563900676416_97356741242257029_n.jpg

So. Unbelievably. Good :worship:.

After our Sunday out on the town, I spent yesterday getting caught up on my domestic duties......it was house cleaning, laundry and baking for this girl. Today, though, I will get back to business: a trip report entry should hopefully be posted later today :thumbsup2. Thanks for your patience!

Ohmygoodness, how have I missed this entire report!? I love a Gina TR!
Guess I have a lot of reading to catch up on. There goes my Sunday...! :goodvibes
Hey there!! Thank you so much for the kind compliments :goodvibes, and a big :welcome: to the thread! So glad you've found us and decided to join in again! I hope you managed to get through all 20 pages in your leisure time yesterday. We're only half way through so far......so there's still lots more to come :thumbsup2.

OH Gina, I'm exactly like you. Poor behavior should not be rewarded, although I understand the management staff not wanting a full blown scene and possibly violence. I do hope they made sure your villa wasn't by theirs. I'm not good with confrontation, I tend to apologize (my fault or not) and step aside, but boy one of these days it would feel nice to stand up and say something to folks who feel entitled to special treatment.

And the kiddos look like they had a blast!

Dawn

I understand why the management works to avoid any blow-ups, but it just irks me to no end when people act so horribly and seem to get 'rewarded' for it. It just seems to send the completely wrong message. However, I guess it brings the old saying to mind....."Takers eat better, but givers sleep better".

Wow, sorry you had to listen to the rude woman as you were checking in, I love the photos you all got for the meet and greet. I didn't realize there was a meet and greet at WoD and we go there almost every trip.

That meet and greet at Disney Springs was apparently an October-only event, though I'm not sure why :confused3. It was such a great idea, and so very well received (judging by the feedback from other guests on our visit), so I'm surprise it wasn't extended into a more permanent fixture.

Finally all caught up!!!!!! I just want to snuggle up Dash and V. I love them even if I haven't met them! Also your crispy kremes are making me crave one :(

Well, its about time you finally showed up ;). I've missed having you here!!

Those babies would love to meet you someday......and they NEVER turn down the opportunity for a snuggle. You're going to have to plan a road trip sometime and come see us in MI!

What are those coloured things hanging down in that second picture?

I would probably really enjoy that museum. I have had the privilege of working with many vets over the last 12 years. There have been a few that were willing to talk about their experiences and it has been fascinating. Some truly heartbreaking stories. One man told me that when he was 14 he lied about his age so that he could go to war along with all the other boys in town. He was the only one that came home.

That's partly why I found it so emotionally powerful. Jake is 21, the same age as many of those young men who were memorialized in the museum. How did those mothers manage to cope? How did they put one foot in front of the other everyday, not knowing if their children were safe or dead?

I am not sure what the coloured ribbons were for. They have random dates and locations on them.....some city names, some battle names? I'd guess.

It was, indeed ::yes::. I'm glad the pictures captured some of the 'feel' of the exhibit, because my description of it was woefully lacking at times. It's hard to put that feeling into words.

I dissappeared again...but I'm back. I can't believe that people reacted like that at check in. I would have been very upset. What an example they are setting for their children. They were probably the ones yelling later in the week at children to be patient in ride lines. I'm glad you didn't let it damper your day. I just wish people would realize it isn't worth sweating the small stuff. Your Disney Spring visit looks like alot of fun, I was pretty intrigued by the idea of a fun character meet there, I'm sad it wasn't offered longer. I understand that they want to get people in the parks but surely the draw of a character meet would get people in the store and the wait would cause some impulse purchases for them...bummer. Glad little guy warmed up to Snow White. My little guys highlight was dancing with Minnie his cheeks turned five shades red and immediately asked if I got a picture..I didn't :(. Such a fun memory. Excited for a twistee treat update...one of my Orlando favorites thanks to you :)

Welcome back!

Thankfully, the party of loud-mouths at check-in were all adults......not a child among them. If they acted that badly at the resort, I can only imagine how out of control they'd be in the long, hot, theme park line ups :eek:. Yikes.

Yes, the draft was on then.
Approx 60% of servicemen killed in Vietnam were under the age of 21.

:sad1:

Oh boy, I wish I had your composure! It's REALLY hard for me to keep my mouth shut in those type of situations.

I am one of those people who hates confrontation, so I generally just seethe internally but would never open my mouth. Sometime I wish I had the backbone to stand up and speak my mind a little more often.....but sadly, I never do. "Strong Woman" I am not.

Friday, October 21st (continued)

The kids were easy to herd back to the parking garage with the promise of an ice cream treat: all of a sudden, those tired legs seemed to have a resurgence of boundless energy :rolleyes:. It was a hot afternoon so the perfect time for a cool-off at Twistee Treat ::yes::. Joe and Lisa followed us the short distance to the Lake Buena Vista location, which is harder than it sounds amidst the afternoon traffic around the Disney Springs area, so we were grateful the travel distance was minimal.

14915731_10155156495126416_8690621119042979585_n.jpg

Heading inside among a cacophony of excited chatter, we told everyone to go ahead and pick whatever they wanted from the extensive menu: this was our treat, and we didn’t want there to be any restrictions on what anyone could have. If those wee kids wanted a big ol’ banana split, then that’s what they would get :thumbsup2 (and we cleared that with their momma and daddy in advance, of course.....while we like to spoil them when we have the opportunity, we like to do so within the comfort zone of their parents). With so many choices (sundaes, malts, shakes, twirls, cones, and specialty creations….then dozens of toppings and mix-ins to make the decisions REALLY hard!) and seven people, it took us a while to narrow down our fairly extensive order. We invited the smaller groups who wandered in to go ahead and be served before us….no sense in making them wait while our crew was tended to.

14915511_10155156495101416_5359062736034605941_n.jpg

While I’d like to say the service was great, the truth was that on this particular visit it was anything but :(: in fact, they seemed totally flustered to have seven items ordered at once, and quite annoyed by our larger party. That said, the ice cream was (as usual) fantastic: while it normally would have been great to eat it outside in the glorious Florida sun, we all opted to sit down at two empty tables inside to enjoy our selections in air-conditioned comfort. In the heat of the day, it’s worth foregoing fresh air for cool relief.

14947678_10155156495421416_962433110156048746_n.jpg

Our total for all 7 ice cream delights was under $30: amazing for the size and quality of each item. We were all in a bit of an ice cream coma by the time we made it to the bottoms of our bowls.

14925414_10155156495406416_8659404929088577916_n.jpg

My personal Twistee Treat favourite: the brownie hot fudge sundae :cloud9:. Heaven in a bowl. And this monster was only a medium: I can't even fathom the size of a large.

14915719_10155156495411416_5166449420377938401_n.jpg

The kids doled out a round of sticky handed hugs before we headed back out to our respective vehicles and headed in our separate directions for the balance of the afternoon and evening. Steve and I had received a text from the Vistana confirming that our villa was ready, so we were heading back to the Welcome Center to pick up our keys and get settled in for the week. Joe and Lisa were taking the kids back to Cypress Palms for some pool fun and an early bedtime: tomorrow we were all heading to Discovery Cove for the day, and they wanted everyone to be as well rested as possible.

14590454_10155141371251416_4483998058408557807_n.jpg

Picking up our keys from the Welcome Center, we wasted no time in tracking down our villa in the Fountains section of the resort.

14907117_10155141372796416_7927478947928794489_n.jpg

This stay, we were assigned to Building 35: a wonderfully peaceful location just a short walk to our beloved Fountains Pool.

14900601_10155141373356416_6685729994647386605_n.jpg

We always know that we will be assigned to the Fountains section of the resort, as that’s what we own. With nine distinct and different sections in the very large resort (Fountains, Fountains II, Lakes, Cascades, Courts, Spas, Falls, Springs, and Palms) it’s nice to have the guarantee of being exactly where we want to be. We had requested, and received, a top floor villa: while it did mean several flights of stairs to navigate anytime we entered and exited our villa, the happy trade off were the lovely vaulted ceilings which made the space feel so much larger and the lovely skylight to let in all the wonderful Florida sun [well....when its daytime, anyway :rotfl2: .... these pics were all taken after the sun went down].

14907169_10155141367181416_7170206470152795869_n.jpg

14907666_10155141368591416_6694546934106201152_n.jpg

Heaven knows the extra stairs aren’t always a bad thing, either :blush:. With all the sweet treats and culinary indulgences that we enjoy on our trips, the extra opportunity to work off a few of those calories would be nothing but beneficial :teeth:.

Some would say our Vistana digs are too much space for just two people, but we wholeheartedly disagree. When we travel, we want all the comforts of home (and then some), so we love every inch of the 1260 square feet of living space. We had our full kitchen with breakfast bar:

14937381_10155141366851416_1360149998259161051_n.jpg

Dining room:

14639723_10155141367386416_7823292885502365321_n.jpg

14915209_10155141367571416_4965858364476748309_n.jpg

Living room:

14568055_10155141367526416_3727801760382318494_n.jpg

A guest bedroom with two double beds:

14910489_10155141367821416_6706729411654695793_n.jpg

The guest bath:

14907205_10155141402761416_8819101342771430121_n.jpg

A master bedroom with a king bed and direct access to the screened in balcony:

14915282_10155141367941416_8047076719670079440_n.jpg

The master bath with a jacuzzi tub and full shower:

14925728_10155141368201416_7620513294414628966_n.jpg

14915544_10155141368216416_5333201283198576764_n.jpg

14909896_10155141368416416_6353898333243688856_n.jpg

And rounding it all out is a large balcony with overhead fan:

14611047_10155141368611416_7443570361465190068_n.jpg

In the daylight, we had this view from the balcony:

14600941_10155141371091416_8583322247655690904_n.jpg

We took our time unloading our luggage and getting ourselves settled in exactly as we wanted to be. Clothes were hung in the closets and our bathrooms were set up for usage that night: Steve’s toiletries on the vanity next to the shower, and my personal items on the larger vanity in the master bath dressing area. Food items were set up in the kitchen and our laptop and chargers were each organized on the desk in the living area.

14908253_10155141367391416_1559492604716120670_n.jpg

We both agreed: it was nice to be “home”. Cypress Palms was very nice, but THIS is where we always feel like we best belong.

14264835_10155141371311416_2868967823139471277_n.jpg

14358964_10155141371431416_7914757701793491300_n.jpg

14925584_10155141371631416_4109553265481223985_n.jpg

The sun was starting to set on this day........so the balance of our Friday is next.

14591870_10155141372241416_1000977329139949378_n.jpg

The ice creams sure went down a treat! They are such good value for money.

I too love the space of a condo or villa with a kitchen, although we have stayed on site previously and done split stays I do like the convenience and room of a 2 or 3 bedroom place. Of course, this time you had enough room for the nieces and nephew to stay with aunty and uncle :laughing:

Looking forward to Discovery Cove :thumbsup2

Did you guys visit Greenfield Village on Sunday too? We have yet to take the kids but went a few times as a child myself. That place is so fun!

Where is the Tastee Treat in Lake Buena Vista? I don't think I"ve ever seen it.

The ice creams sure went down a treat! They are such good value for money.

I too love the space of a condo or villa with a kitchen, although we have stayed on site previously and done split stays I do like the convenience and room of a 2 or 3 bedroom place. Of course, this time you had enough room for the nieces and nephew to stay with aunty and uncle :laughing:

Looking forward to Discovery Cove :thumbsup2

Yes, when they all descended on our villa a few days later for a "pool night" with Aunt Gina and Uncle Steve, we were VERY grateful for the space!! All that excitement needs room to be expended :rotfl:.

Did you guys visit Greenfield Village on Sunday too? We have yet to take the kids but went a few times as a child myself. That place is so fun!

Where is the Tastee Treat in Lake Buena Vista? I don't think I"ve ever seen it.

Greenfield Village doesn't open until mid-April, so we only have a few more weeks to wait for that attraction. I have heard nothing but great things about it, though! [I can't thank @sk8jdgca enough for the initial recommendation, and the suggestion of buying an annual membership. I have a feeling its going to be one of our best MI investments.] There's a Railroaders event coming up toward the end of April/first part of May where you can have breakfast with Sir Topham Hatt and then take a ride on a real Thomas the Tank Engine train. It looks like SO much fun.....Jake would have loved that as a little boy! You wouldn't mind if we borrowed Duncan for a weekend so we can take part, do you? ;)

Twistee Treat is just down the road from the Disney Springs/Crossroads stop lights. Same side as the Crossroads but past Steak & Shake. I think there's a Winn Dixie in behind it (if not a Winn Dixie, then another big grocery store). Super convenient to get to, especially when we are staying at SVR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter