Dream Castle or Holiday Inn?

TMM

Mouseketeer
Hello, hello,

There isn't much price difference for our dates so I am wondering if any of you can tell me what you liked most and disliked about the Dream Castle or Holiday Inn. I am leaning towards the Dream Castle, but the Holiday Inn looks nice for my 5 year old.

Thanks in advance for any information!

I stayed in the 'Dream Castle' for 2 nights recently (11th and 12th April).

I couldn't find any faults with the hotel or staff. We arrived at 1pm, and although couldn't go straight to our rooms, we were able to check in and leave our luggage in a locked room.
We returned to the hotel at 11pm that evening after a few bottles of wine and headed straight to the bar. So we ended up picking our room card/key and collecting our luggage at around midnight. There were 2 members of staff on the front desk and they were more than happy to help.
Breakfast the first morning was great, plenty of choice for all - hot English, cold meats, fruit, croissants etc. It was busy and the only thing that niggled me was the pushy and shoving (but with a slight hangover I may be exaggerating!!). The staff were pleasant and quick to seat customers.
The room was spacious (2 adults and an 8 year old). 8 year old loved the bunk beds. I did take my own kettle (and a few tea bags), so the mini bar/fridge came in handy for the milk.
The second morning at breakfast was busier, and there was a queue (at least 7 families in front of us), but we were seated within 5 mins, so I can't fault them there. Each morning we arrived for breakfast at about 9:30am ish.
The longest we had to wait for a bus was no longer than 10 mins, and although busy, we still manged to get on.
The hotel was very clean, staff were polite and helpful, but to be honest apart from sleeping there and 1 hour in the morning, then 1 hour in the evening, we really didn't spend much time there, as we were out all day (and all evening).
I would recommend as a good base and would return without hesitating.
HTH
Tracy

The Dream castle breakfast comes highly recommended whereas IMHO the breakfast at Holiday Inn is only worth taken if included in the price.

Dream castle has a more luxurious feel to it :goodvibes

We havent stayed at Dream Castle but have stayed at Holiday Inn and Explorers. Both were nice but we thought Explorers had more of a fun feel to it - better theming. The pool there was also really nice as was the soft play area for children.
I didnt like the bar area at Holiday Inn much - it reminded me of an airport lounge whereas the one at Explorers was nicer and you could sit and enjoy a drink whilst the children played.
At HI DD liked the curtain round the bunk beds- making her own private area.
One thing we liked about HI was you could book it without breakfast. We preferred this as we had dream passes so could go into the parks early for EMH and then grab a quick brekkie on Mainstreet.

Hi

We have stayed at dream castle 4 times and would definately recommend it. The rooms are very spacious and well equipped. We have also upgraded to a suite which are very luxurious and worth the extra spend.:cloud9:

Staff are excellent and very helpful.:wizard:

Great lobby area with little play area for kids and great little shop. Pool is good although small.

Breakfast has a lot of choice even for the most fussy eater (of which I have two). The only low point if i can call it that is breakfast can be hectic if you go to disney in the busy season.

Cannot comment on holiday inn as not stayed there.

Hopes this helps:thumbsup2

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn three times and i'm going back again this year. If you're only looking for a hotel as a place to sleep then I would recommend the HI, the rooms are spacious and clean and as A Small World said there are curtains around the childrens beds which they will probably enjoy. However, if you're looking for somewhere with good breakfasts and a nice bar then the Dream Castle might be better.

Hello we have stayed at both and prefered the Dream Castle. Only difference with the rooms were HI had drinks making facilities whereas the dream castle didnt but they had a fridge. (we took a travel kettle etc) we found it better to have the fridge as it meant we could take proper milk with us.
Rooms were pretty much the same size both with bunk beds with curtain.
I would recomend both hotels but prefer the DC, breakfast better and hotel more of a "disney castle theme".

Review of dream castle:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1482720

Review of Holiday inn:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=13386518#post13386518

Just realized I wrote the review for HI as well! Can someone let me know if you can see the photos? not sure if there is a problem with them or its my pc (blocks some things)

great review, i go there on tuesday cant wait to go first trip to paris and disney there! i cant see the pics but that might be my comp?

Photos should be working now the links were wrong as there urls had changed since posting.
My husband has fixed it ~ I know nothing about urls etc!!:lmao:

Thank you those pics are great the place looks lovely really looking to going its only the two of us going and rooms look great for what we want

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter