Dreams Do Come True (and we are not even there yet)!-Trip 4 Started-6/28

Yay!!!! :banana::banana::banana: Erika is doing a trip report!!! :banana: I'm so excited that you decided to do one for this trip! It sounds like it is going to be just MAGICAL!!! The AKL is so pretty and the Poly....:cloud9: We loved it there!!! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Sara

:laughing:It's about time. I think you have asked me every time if I was going to and I had good intentions but never happened! I hope to post the itinerary by tonight but don't hold me to it. Jeremy turns 8 tomorrow so I have got to finish cleaning the house this evening and making cupcakes for school. I think I will have a few minutes late or first thing tomorrow.

I am going to do a short summary of the trips prior so at least I live up to part of my prior good intentions for the last 4 years!

So glad you joined in! I can't wait to hear about your February trip!

Erika

Okay, so life got the best of me last week and no itinerary got posted or no big reveal happened Friday. Jeremy turned 8 and we had our first Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. For those of you familiar with scouts, our pack just organized so our scouts received their first badge-the Bobcat badge. It was a fun evening and there was a Father/Son Bake Auction at the end. Jeremy and Tom had such fun making their cake and it brought-$30 :cheer2:! Granted, I ran it up and ended up buying it but it was worth it for the look on Jeremy's face-priceless!

So, I promised an itinerary and here it is for now! I am thinking of some changes so it will probably look different later on. Right now, we do not have park hopper. We always have bought in the past but never used them. But, looking at the hours I think I would like to try more EMH to avoid the heat. Even though I don't list it on each day, we do plan to leave the parks early afternoon for some R&R at the resort.

10 days of Magical Fun!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I have a board meeting at work this evening. Plans are to have everything ready and packed, head back to work for the meeting, come home, and leave. I will probably drive the first several hours and then let Tom take over. He can stay awake at night better than me. Our plan is to not stop but drive the entire way with bathroom breaks, gas fill ups and breakfast. It is about a 14 hour drive and we have done this before.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Arrive at the Poly early afternoon. :cloud9:
Hit the pool first thing as DS will not rest until we do. DH will probably go to sleep immediately if the room is ready.
We have no other plans this day. I know we will rest at some point after the pool and thought we might do evening EMH at MK if we feel like it.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner at O'hana's
Hoping that MK will have 4th Fireworks Preview. Watch on Poly beach or in the Park

Sunday, July 4, 2010

DHS
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Fantasmic
Fireworks

Monday, July 5, 2010

Epcot
Possibly the Behind the Seeds Tour???
Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

MK-EMH Morning
Lunch at Tony's Town Square
Leave early afternoon and check in at AKL :cloud9:

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jeremy is doing the Albatross Cruise from the Yacht Club this morning
Lunch will be around the World Showcase in Epcot
Dinner at Le Cellier
Illuminations

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sunrise Safari at AK :dance3:
AK all day until we are done
Dinner at Boma

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sunday, July 11,2010

We will begin the drive home. I am not sure if we will drive the entire way or stop. It will depend on how late we leave Orlando.

I don't have anything on Friday or Saturday. One of those days will be for Blizzard Beach if we have not done it already in the week. We bought the water park and more option this time as we love water parks and want to try Disney Quest.

I also need to make one more dining ressie for the dining plan plus DS wants to eat at Rainforest Cafe. I would love any suggestions anyone has for our last ressie. I have thought about T Rex, Cape May Cafe for breakfast, Flying Fish, San Angel Inn, or The Wave.

Also, we thought about doing the Poly Luau and paying out of pocket for it so I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on that.

So, I promised a big reveal on Friday regarding our big 2011 trip but that did not happen either. So, here it goes! DH and I will be married 10 years next year in February. We initially thought to do something just the two of us but thought DS would really enjoy what we had planned as well. Plus, his birthday is the day before our anniversary. So, we are planning to take the 7 day western caribbean Disney cruise on February 20, 2011:sail: We will be sailing to Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and of course Castaway Cay on the Disney Magic. :yay::yay:We are so excited as we have never gone on a cruise before. I am in the process of booking it now with Disney. DH cannot decide on the room type so that is my only delay.

I want to share with you the last pictures and AK from our 1st trip and then start on a shorter summary of Trip 2. Hopefully that will happen tonight!

Erika

Okay, so life got the best of me last week and no itinerary got posted or no big reveal happened Friday. Jeremy turned 8 and we had our first Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. For those of you familiar with scouts, our pack just organized so our scouts received their first badge-the Bobcat badge. It was a fun evening and there was a Father/Son Bake Auction at the end. Jeremy and Tom had such fun making their cake and it brought-$30 :cheer2:! Granted, I ran it up and ended up buying it but it was worth it for the look on Jeremy's face-priceless!

So, I promised an itinerary and here it is for now! I am thinking of some changes so it will probably look different later on. Right now, we do not have park hopper. We always have bought in the past but never used them. But, looking at the hours I think I would like to try more EMH to avoid the heat. Even though I don't list it on each day, we do plan to leave the parks early afternoon for some R&R at the resort.

10 days of Magical Fun!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I have a board meeting at work this evening. Plans are to have everything ready and packed, head back to work for the meeting, come home, and leave. I will probably drive the first several hours and then let Tom take over. He can stay awake at night better than me. Our plan is to not stop but drive the entire way with bathroom breaks, gas fill ups and breakfast. It is about a 14 hour drive and we have done this before.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Arrive at the Poly early afternoon. :cloud9:
Hit the pool first thing as DS will not rest until we do. DH will probably go to sleep immediately if the room is ready.
We have no other plans this day. I know we will rest at some point after the pool and thought we might do evening EMH at MK if we feel like it.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner at O'hana's
Hoping that MK will have 4th Fireworks Preview. Watch on Poly beach or in the Park

Sunday, July 4, 2010

DHS
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Fantasmic
Fireworks

Monday, July 5, 2010

Epcot
Possibly the Behind the Seeds Tour???
Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

MK-EMH Morning
Lunch at Tony's Town Square
Leave early afternoon and check in at AKL :cloud9:

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jeremy is doing the Albatross Cruise from the Yacht Club this morning
Lunch will be around the World Showcase in Epcot
Dinner at Le Cellier
Illuminations

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sunrise Safari at AK :dance3:
AK all day until we are done
Dinner at Boma

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sunday, July 11,2010

We will begin the drive home. I am not sure if we will drive the entire way or stop. It will depend on how late we leave Orlando.

I don't have anything on Friday or Saturday. One of those days will be for Blizzard Beach if we have not done it already in the week. We bought the water park and more option this time as we love water parks and want to try Disney Quest.

I also need to make one more dining ressie for the dining plan plus DS wants to eat at Rainforest Cafe. I would love any suggestions anyone has for our last ressie. I have thought about T Rex, Cape May Cafe for breakfast, Flying Fish, San Angel Inn, or The Wave.

Also, we thought about doing the Poly Luau and paying out of pocket for it so I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on that.

So, I promised a big reveal on Friday regarding our big 2011 trip but that did not happen either. So, here it goes! DH and I will be married 10 years next year in February. We initially thought to do something just the two of us but thought DS would really enjoy what we had planned as well. Plus, his birthday is the day before our anniversary. So, we are planning to take the 7 day western caribbean Disney cruise on February 20, 2011:sail: We will be sailing to Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and of course Castaway Cay on the Disney Magic. :yay::yay:We are so excited as we have never gone on a cruise before. I am in the process of booking it now with Disney. DH cannot decide on the room type so that is my only delay.

I want to share with you the last pictures and AK from our 1st trip and then start on a shorter summary of Trip 2. Hopefully that will happen tonight!

Erika

Your days look great! I compared to our days but it doesnt look like ours days line up as of now.

T-Rex is FUN! The food was good too...we really enjoyed it..all of us! I hope to have lunch there this trip on one of our DTD days. :goodvibes We also had lunch at San Angel Inn....I enjoyed the food but our service was very very slow. We are going to be trying Cape May but for dinner..heard they have crab legs...DH & DS :love: crab legs! I'll take the shrimp!

We have never been on a cruise either....I was thinking to take one for our Anniversary as well next year...we will also be married for 10 years in April!!

Your days look great! I compared to our days but it doesnt look like ours days line up as of now.

T-Rex is FUN! The food was good too...we really enjoyed it..all of us! I hope to have lunch there this trip on one of our DTD days. :goodvibes We also had lunch at San Angel Inn....I enjoyed the food but our service was very very slow. We are going to be trying Cape May but for dinner..heard they have crab legs...DH & DS :love: crab legs! I'll take the shrimp!

We have never been on a cruise either....I was thinking to take one for our Anniversary as well next year...we will also be married for 10 years in April!!

I will have to look at the menu for Cape May. Crab legs sound great!

You should do a cruise for your anniversary as well. DH is standing firm that he wants a verandah room which I think is kind of a waste so I still haven't booked it yet :confused3:. We are also mulling the idea of a 4-day Bahama cruise vs the 7 -day and adding a few days at Disney. DS's school usually releases next year's schedule by the end of March so I am anxious to see when spring break is. We may just go over spring break instead of taking DS out of school for a week.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Erika

It has been a while since I posted or at least it feels like it. We have been so busy lately. Plus, I am planning a spur-of-the-moment trip to DC for Spring Break! :scared1: We had originally planned to do DC this year over spring break put nixed the idea with all the snow we had. Well, it turns out DS is only losing two days from Spring Break so DC is back on. I have been doing a lot of planning in the last few days. We leave three weeks from tomorrow. I still have a lot to do.

I wanted to share with you the last day of our first trip to Disney several years ago. I was really looking forward to this day as it was our first time to Animal Kingdom. We started the day with a co-worker of mine and her husband at the Festival of the Lion King. The show was and still is one of our favorites. Of course, as was the theme of this trip, we met all the characters we could find.

Here is DS and Donald.
FH000011.jpg

I tried to remember all we did that day. I know we did the safari and DS absolutely loved it. We took the train to Rafiki's and met Stanley. I cannot find the picture but at the time DS loved Stanley. I know we were tired but hung around for the parade.

Can you see how tired DS was?

sleep.jpg

We loved the parade. We always watch it every time we are at AK. The next day we flew home after my conference was over. It was such a magical vacation and would be the start of many more to come.

Up next: Our 2nd Trip to Disney---Did we actually change hotels at midnight?

Plus, I need help with some dining recommendations for Disney.

Hi Erika!

Congrats on the cruise! What sounds wo wonderful!!! DH and I will have our 10 year next August (2011) and we too are entertaining the idea of doing something - not sure if it would be with or without kids, it would be hard to go without them, so maybe we'd do a cruise with them too! We did a cruise for our honeymoon and always said we'd do another one.

I'm so glad to hear your DC trip is back on!! That is great! What days are you going? We'll be there April 8-11. I hope the snow is melted out there too!

Your itininery looks great!

Karen

Hello, I finally made it over here and wow! SO that is why you were over on my little Cruise TR :rotfl: VERY COOL! We also spent the 4th of July at Disney World LAST year! IT was amazing!!! I think you are following WigD's TRs and PTRs and she is going to be at Disney for the 4th of July, too! Her Birthday weekend!

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Plans look good! Jeremy is adorable.

We are going to try to do the Behind the Seeds tour at some point, too!!

Hi Erika!

Congrats on the cruise! What sounds wo wonderful!!! DH and I will have our 10 year next August (2011) and we too are entertaining the idea of doing something - not sure if it would be with or without kids, it would be hard to go without them, so maybe we'd do a cruise with them too! We did a cruise for our honeymoon and always said we'd do another one.

I'm so glad to hear your DC trip is back on!! That is great! What days are you going? We'll be there April 8-11. I hope the snow is melted out there too!

Your itininery looks great!

Karen

Hi Karen,

So glad to see you up and dising! We will miss you by one day at DC. We are driving out on Good Friday. We should get there by late afternoon. Right now, we are checking out on Tuesday, but, that could change. DS does not have to be back to school until Thursday so we may stay all day in DC on Tuesday and then head to Monticello on Wednesday. I am so looking forward to it. I keep watching for the latest cherry blossom bloom forecast and it looks like we will both we there during peak!

Erika

Hello, I finally made it over here and wow! SO that is why you were over on my little Cruise TR :rotfl: VERY COOL! We also spent the 4th of July at Disney World LAST year! IT was amazing!!! I think you are following WigD's TRs and PTRs and she is going to be at Disney for the 4th of July, too! Her Birthday weekend!

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Yes, I love your reports. You have an adorable family. We are very excited about the 4th of July. We have never been during the heat but our plan is to go slow and just enjoy being there for 10 days! :banana:

I think we have pretty much decided to do the 4 day Bahama cruise next year in February. Jeremy will only be out of school 4 days with the way President's Day break falls. Plus, the aqua duck has Jeremy sooooo excited on the new ship. We will probably spend the rest of the week at Disney. Jeremy's birthday would be on Friday and our anniversary on Saturday. DH wants to stay at the GF if we do :yay::yay:---I just love that man!

Thanks for joining!

Erika

Plans look good! Jeremy is adorable.

We are going to try to do the Behind the Seeds tour at some point, too!!

Thanks! I still have a few more ressies to make. I am still deciding on the tour. What park are you doing on the 4th? I am not sure that DHS is the right choice over Epcot.

Erika

Hi Erika - I followed you from Diane's PTR and got hooked on Page 1. Looking forward to hearing about your past and future trips!

Hi Erika - I followed you from Diane's PTR and got hooked on Page 1. Looking forward to hearing about your past and future trips!

Susan:

Welcome! So glad you joined in for the fun. I hope to have another update up this week from our second trip to Disney.

Erika

Erika,
I made it over!! Not sure how much I'll be around for the next week... Because.... well, you know... I'LL BE IN DISNEY WORLD!!:woohoo:

Just wanted to let you know I'm here and I'm enjoying your flashback stories... especially the 'doozies'!!

Have a great Sunday!

Thanks! I still have a few more ressies to make. I am still deciding on the tour. What park are you doing on the 4th? I am not sure that DHS is the right choice over Epcot.

Erika

I think that this is the kind of tour that does NOT have to be booked in advance. Any other tour, I would definitely want to secure ahead of time but from what I've read, it happens several times a day, it's only around $15 and you can sign up for it at a desk somewhere in The Land pavilion.

We will be at Epcot on the 4th. I would never pick DHS for the 4th but that's a personal choice. I wouldn't want to be stuck there all day but that's because it's our least favorite. I heard that they do the old "Sorcery in the Sky" show. That should be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter