Drivers airbag didn't deploy but passengers did

Oh ya Imzadi you are making me remember more of my conversation with my current towns AAA about not picking up at the mechanic shop it was dropped off at, because it's not road side assistance since which is what their coverage is.

But when I called the City I'm a member of to check that out they said it's 4 tows they don't care where they pick up from. So they have different procedures.

Ya I guess I moved from one county to another county too so there's that. But still I didn't realize different rules/benefits. I mean the whole can't pick up a car from where it was dropped off thing is nuts! What the heck! Why does that matter? If I have 4 tows and I haven't used ANY why does it matter from where they picked up and dropped off? All that should matter is do you have enough tows left.

But I'll tell you why it matters it's more $$ for them when they get to charge you for that tow:mad:
Without knowing where you moved from and to my guess would be different Regions of AAA for different rules but I could totally be wrong.

I've not run into your issue before so I couldn't tell you what my area would do. I've had 2 tows but both times the vehicle was towed directly to my mechanic's shop as opposed to one place and then needed to be moved to another place. Maybe I should brush up on the rules in my area regarding that :scared1:

Between this example and cars being T-boned, (hit in the side, usually due to someone running a red light,) in which the side of the car may have been hit, but the front end is fine, I'm still hoping that there are perfectly fine parts sitting in auto salvage yards, waiting to be put to use again, and the OP's body shop can cobble the parts together at a good price for the OP.
Yeah that would be ideal for sure.

So even if the airbag says it is turned off, it will still deploy? Why do they even add that in to the manual? Not trying to argue/contradict, just curious :)
I won’t insist that it won’t happen but car manufacturers and dealerships sure make you *think* it won’t. I’m actually glad that you came in and are educating us on this. My 2005 Tahoe has the sensor and while I’ve never done it, you are led to believe that if you needed to put a small child up front it would be okay because they wouldn’t trigger the sensor. When we bought DH’s truck I asked about the airbags, explaining my kids are quite small for their age and he assured me it wouldn’t go off. Thank you for letting us know they can.

OP my DD was in a similar accident (like what Imzadi described) but the airbags did not deploy. It cost thousands to repair. Fortunately we were covered. In your case I’d prepare myself to possibly having to give the vehicle up. I’m sorry this happened but glad your DD is okay.
So when the car tells me the airbag is off, it makes no difference if I'm in a wreck, the computer decides if it should be deployed regardless of the weight of the individual in the front seat?

It really is a very complicated answer, sorry to make it confusing. No, if your "airbag light off" light is illuminated the bag should not deploy. However, how and when that light comes on (and the bag doesn't deploy) is quite complex. At the end of the day, the airbag (and SRS system) primary mission is to protect the occupants. Newer cars have sensors that will try to determine the difference between a 40lb child and a 40lb bag of dog food...this is why you could trigger the airbag light if you're sitting at an awkward (i.e. not normal human) angle and your weight is distributed strangely. So sorry if I made it confusing, if your "airbag light off" sign comes on, the bag shouldn't go off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter