Driving to MK question

antkim

<font color=teal>"Easy to love"<br><font color=dee
We will be renting a car during our stay and I was just thinking that maybe it would easier to drive to MK from AKL.We want to go for EE and thought we would leave after lunch and head over to AK.I was wondering how early they let you into the lot and how long it takes to get from the lot over to the park.
We have always had a car but usually use Disney transportation for the parks and use the car to hotel hop etc.
Thanks in advance!
Kim

I've heard the busses from AKL are among the best, because it's the only resort they're servicing. We took them from Epcot to dinner at Boma, and then returned and it was very fast. I think the lots must open about an hour to an hour and a half before the parks. You might try the transportation board for a better answer.

It takes about 20 minutes to get to the MK gate from the lot. You take the tram to the TTC and travel on either the ferry or monorail to the entrance. The AKL bus would drop you right at the bus stands near the entrance.

Originally posted by antkim
We will be renting a car during our stay and I was just thinking that maybe it would easier to drive to MK from AKL.We want to go for EE and thought we would leave after lunch and head over to AK.I was wondering how early they let you into the lot and how long it takes to get from the lot over to the park.
We have always had a car but usually use Disney transportation for the parks and use the car to hotel hop etc.
Thanks in advance!
Kim

Hi,

We have stayed at AKL twice for a total of 15days and the bus transportation was great. If you are planning on going from AKL to MK and then to AK and then back to the AKL I would do it by bus. Take the MK bus in the morning and then just take a bus from the MK to the AK when you are ready. From the AK you would just take the resort bus back to the AKL. Hope you have a great trip.

IMHO, the MK is the only park that i would always recommend taking the bus to. If you drive, you park in the lot, take a tram to the TTC, take a boat or monorail to the MK. If you bus...BOOM!The bus drops you off right in front. Do the bus.

Advice well taken!Bus it is!!!I'm glad to hear that AKL busses are good-some of the resorts are known for bad transportation unfortunately!
Kim

If you want to be at the MK for Early Entry (now called the Extra Magic Hour), take the bus. IIRC, the express monorails and ferries from the TTC will not be running for EE as that is for resort guests only. Most on site guests take the bus to the MK from their resort.

To get to the MK for EE from the TTC, you may have to show your Resort ID to board the resort monorail. (I'm not even sure the resort monorail stops at the TTC until about 30 minutes before the MK is open to all). The resort monorail will stop at the Poly and the GF before it gets to the MK.

IMHO, you will be much better off taking the bus from the AKL if you want to be at the MK for EE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter