Duffy photo thread!!

Hi Guys! I posted on another thread but I was wondering if any Duffy fans over here could confirm the price hike? You guys sold me on him! :goodvibes Since I live in Orlando I went to WDW DTD last night to get him. At Once Upon A Toy the prices were crossed out with magic marker and new tags were stuck on.

Naked bear = $30
Woody / Buzz costume = $20

I still brought him home and I am excited to take him with me to DL in October. Just wondering if the prices are up there too?

Hi and welcome to the party!!

yup it is indeed a price hike here at DL:confused3

I figured if anyone would know you might. I understand why his price went up. We are all becoming addicted to him, and are a captive audience.:goodvibes

My Duffy choice for today is Duffy getting friendly with Minnie.

082-1.jpg

My Mom is making me one with the first part of the quote on one side and the second part on the other side...Just have to go pick out fabric & trim to match my room.

That sounds awesome - I want one too :thumbsup2

BTW - I think I'm a Duffy lover now too! At first I wasn't getting it, but now I'm digging Duffy :upsidedow I am going to have to get one in August when we're there.

How do you carry him around the park for pics? Do you use a backpack?

Ooohh love Duffy with Minnie. I think she likes it! :lovestruc

Glad to know I can get one in WDW DTD! :thumbsup2

Michele... since this is an all Duffy all the time thread... can you (or anyone!) tell me the whole story of how Duffy came to be? I've only picked up bits and pieces and would love to know the whole thing. :goodvibes

BTW - I think I'm a Duffy lover now too! At first I wasn't getting it, but now I'm digging Duffy :upsidedow I am going to have to get one in August when we're there.

How do you carry him around the park for pics? Do you use a backpack?

I bought myself one of the lightweight Disney backpacks and he sits in there looking out. It works because the website is so light and he is too. Plus is has a zipper pocket for my wallet, camera and small incidentals.

Ooohh love Duffy with Minnie. I think she likes it! :lovestruc

Glad to know I can get one in WDW DTD! :thumbsup2

Michele... since this is an all Duffy all the time thread... can you (or anyone!) tell me the whole story of how Duffy came to be? I've only picked up bits and pieces and would love to know the whole thing. :goodvibes

Well, the story goes that Mickey loved sailing and was leaving to sail around the world for new adventures. Minnnie didn't want Mickey to be lonely so she made him Duffy to take along. So Duffy likes adventures and meeting new friends.

That is a brief synopsis of what the little booklet that you get with him attached to his ear.

I told her if she made some and put them on e-bay I could send her a whole load of customers from the DIS but she is too afraid of the Disney copyright police :confused3

I wonder if it is a thing that has a copyright. I think you can probably research it.

I bought myself one of the lightweight Disney backpacks and he sits in there looking out. It works because the website is so light and he is too. Plus is has a zipper pocket for my wallet, camera and small incidentals.

Well, the story goes that Mickey loved sailing and was leaving to sail around the world for new adventures. Minnnie didn't want Mickey to be lonely so she made him Duffy to take along. So Duffy likes adventures and meeting new friends.

That is a brief synopsis of what the little booklet that you get with him attached to his ear.

I wonder if it is a thing that has a copyright. I think you can probably research it.

She isn't so worried about the pillow having a copyright as the quotation having one.

She isn't so worried about the pillow having a copyright as the quotation having one.

Oh I figured that. I would be the same.

I told her if she made some and put them on e-bay I could send her a whole load of customers from the DIS but she is too afraid of the Disney copyright police :confused3

I see tons of Disney stuff on Etsy - I've bought everything from t-shirts, mugs, keychains...... You name it. They usually have a statement that they are not affiliated in any way with Disney. I can understand the concern though!

This link is to a post that has all the pics of the Duffy storybook from DisneySea with a translation of the story. It is the best thing I have found to show Duffy's story. Hope you all enjoy it.

http://micechat.com/forums/tokyo-disney-resort/118708-story-duffy-disney-bear-pictures.html

That is basically the one I gave the synopsis of.

I see tons of Disney stuff on Etsy - I've bought everything from t-shirts, mugs, keychains...... You name it. They usually have a statement that they are not affiliated in any way with Disney. I can understand the concern though!

Me too.

Jasmine,

He looks so cute!! I really love the Woody outfit. I missed it by one stinking week.:headache:

These are two of the 3 Colton wants for his Duffy in October...the other is the sailor outfit..Jasmine do you know if they sell his storybook in English at DCA?
Unfortunately they don't right now but they said earlier they were going to release it later in the year

Jasmine,

He looks so cute!! I really love the Woody outfit. I missed it by one stinking week.:headache:

oh man bummer!

Luckily I got it before then price hike!

Unfortunately they don't right now but they said earlier they were going to release it later in the year

oh man bummer!

Luckily I got it before then price hike!

You know I would pay the higher price. But you know I would probably buy a second Duffy because that way they could be dressed up together. I am xuch a dork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter