DVC called today - Interval International came through

TnRobin

The prodical child
I am going to Hawaii. We got the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort villas for Memorial Day week.

Congrats! How many points does that run, out of curiousity. I would love to go there someday! :goodvibes

Congratulations! That's an amazing resort. I've toured it. :)

I wanted to stay there the last time we went to Maui, but even the studio rooms were over $400 a night.

Congratulations Robin - I know you'll have a great time!

Congratulations! We stayed there for our honeymoon...IT IS FABULOUS! :cool1: You will love it! Have fun!

Laura

Congratulations!! Do you have plans made for a week either side of that too? YOu might want to look into the airlines, and see if they have packages that include airfare. Last time we went to Hawaii, we were able to do an airfare package for 2 nights on Oahu before heading to our first exchange week on Kauai. Then we had another exchange week on the Big island and returned to Oahu for 3 more nights of the airfare package. It gave us a good length of time, and we hate to go to Hawaii for less than 2-3 weeks because of the length of the flight.

Great exchange :cheer2: ! May is a nice month to visit Maui, and we love the resort!

How far in advance did you make your II request, and did you have a range of dates or that week in particular?

Congratulations!!

Great exchange :cheer2: ! May is a nice month to visit Maui, and we love the resort!

How far in advance did you make your II request, and did you have a range of dates or that week in particular?

Congratulations!!

Glad to hear it came through! I am on the wait list for that resort as well as two others in Maui. I put in the requests exactly 2 yrs. out. My time frame is for last week of May and all of June. So this gives me hope! Be sure to give us a trip report!:thumbsup2

Yeah, how long did you have to wait for this to come through? I'm currently requesting any time in July or August of 2008.

It did cost 160 points for a 1BR. I think we have been on the list for just a few months. I think I put in for it in this March or April. I did narrowed the resorts down slightly, but left the dates wide open - DS's entire summer break.

I do agree that two weeks is the way to go. Last year we got a trade at the Kona Koast Resort on the Big Island. Then I contacted friends of ours and managed a private trade for thier Condo at the Hilton Hawaiian village on Oahu. It sure does make the airfare, jet lag, and flying in coach for 12 hours worth it.

Now if I could just win the lottery so I can fly 1st class

Aloha

Congrats!! You must feel like you did hit the lottery getting a trade to Maui for only 160 pts. I'm gonna try for the summer of '10 myself. Question though, does the request tie up your points before getting it confirmed?? ie: you make a request, they put a lock on your 160 pts until it comes through so you can't use them or take a vacation if you don't have more than 160 pts? Or can you make the request knowing it may take a year or two, and then when it comes through say if you have gone on vacation that year, you could just borrow from the year ahead to pay the 160 pts??:confused3

Congratulations and Aloha! We try to go to Hawaii once every 5 yrs so we hope to trade out to Maui in 2011. Last yr. we stayed at the Sheraton up at Black Rock which is just a few minutes of a walk from the Westin - it's a nice location & the beach at Black Rock is just a few minutes walk away. I have also stayed at the Maui Marriott before - well, a long time ago but it was also nice.... Glad to hear it didn't take too long to get the trade...I was thinking we'd start the process at 2 yrs. out whenever we go to do it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter