DVC cancelled my 11th month reservation..

Roebeartoe

Earning My Ears
11 months ago, I got up and booked at 5am my 50th B-Day room a 3 Bedroom Suite at the California Grand. Yay! Happy 50th B-day to me!!!! There are ONLY 2- three bedroom suites. If you know anything about the Grand Ca, you know that getting these rooms even when you are a direct owner is VERY hard. Well, having two contracts two different use years and wanting a 2nd night stay, I woke up the next morning at 5am to book the second night with my second contract. Mission Accomplished! Now all I had to do was wait for the 10 days before mark which was this morning at 6am and I called the Ca Grand to please link my 2 night stay so that we could essentially stay in the same room both nights. I called this morning and sure enough they confirmed that my two reservations were linked and everything would be fine after all there are only 2 rooms with this configuration. Yay!

At 4:36pm, I received a call from DVC members services informing me that my reservation for this Sunday was no longer available and I could either stay in a 2 bedroom for the less amount of points or cancel all together and receive all my points depending on their expiration.

I was horrified to say the least! I have 12 guest registered, I have a dinner planned this night, I sent out invitations, I got RSVPs.. and now DVC is telling me to bad, so sorry!???? What? Why? How? I kindly said, no you can't do that. I called this morning and I had a confirmation on my linked reservation(s). They said they did not know I had 2 reservations back to back. I am beyond myself to think that they have this information on their computer and they thought they were canceling a ONE NIGHT reservation, but in fact they were ruining a 2 night weekend stay.

I asked for help, and support from anyone that could help me, this is not fair, I played by the rules. I did my part! I booked 11 months ago! I am not an entitled owner, just one that expects a reservation to come through when they play by the rules. After waiting on the phone for 2hrs and 39 minutes, all they could tell me was that they would TRY to get me a 3 bedroom suite on the hotel side, but it does not have a kitchen and it does not have the space for the 12 people that I had registered. The worse part was that they could not confirm anything because the hotel side was already closed until Monday.

If you all believe in PIXIE DUST or just the power of Prayer, can you please send it our way.

sigh..(broken hearted)
#wheredidthemagicgo

I am sending pixie dust.
hope your guests are locals …maybe ask for a special dinner comp for the party …or at least free cupcakes for everybody.
Please let us know .
And also sending Best Birthday Magic Wishes for you.

11 months ago, I got up and booked at 5am my 50th B-Day room a 3 Bedroom Suite at the California Grand. Yay! Happy 50th B-day to me!!!! There are ONLY 2- three bedroom suites. If you know anything about the Grand Ca, you know that getting these rooms even when you are a direct owner is VERY hard. Well, having two contracts two different use years and wanting a 2nd night stay, I woke up the next morning at 5am to book the second night with my second contract. Mission Accomplished! Now all I had to do was wait for the 10 days before mark which was this morning at 6am and I called the Ca Grand to please link my 2 night stay so that we could essentially stay in the same room both nights. I called this morning and sure enough they confirmed that my two reservations were linked and everything would be fine after all there are only 2 rooms with this configuration. Yay!

At 4:36pm, I received a call from DVC members services informing me that my reservation for this Sunday was no longer available and I could either stay in a 2 bedroom for the less amount of points or cancel all together and receive all my points depending on their expiration.

I was horrified to say the least! I have 12 guest registered, I have a dinner planned this night, I sent out invitations, I got RSVPs.. and now DVC is telling me to bad, so sorry!???? What? Why? How? I kindly said, no you can't do that. I called this morning and I had a confirmation on my linked reservation(s). They said they did not know I had 2 reservations back to back. I am beyond myself to think that they have this information on their computer and they thought they were canceling a ONE NIGHT reservation, but in fact they were ruining a 2 night weekend stay.

I asked for help, and support from anyone that could help me, this is not fair, I played by the rules. I did my part! I booked 11 months ago! I am not an entitled owner, just one that expects a reservation to come through when they play by the rules. After waiting on the phone for 2hrs and 39 minutes, all they could tell me was that they would TRY to get me a 3 bedroom suite on the hotel side, but it does not have a kitchen and it does not have the space for the 12 people that I had registered. The worse part was that they could not confirm anything because the hotel side was already closed until Monday.

If you all believe in PIXIE DUST or just the power of Prayer, can you please send it our way.

sigh..(broken hearted)
#wheredidthemagicgo
I sent one up for you. Did they say why they assumed it was only one night when you had linked them?

That is terrible, I would be beyond upset. Did they give a reason for cancelling? Hopefully they put things right for you.

I would be very upset too. Did you get a reason why?

I hope they make this right for you. Good luck. Keep us posted.

OMG - good luck! Really - DVC needs to get their act together - I had a similar (although not near as devastating) experience a couple weeks ago - tried to book but the 3 nights needed in Dec weren’t all available- so booked 2 and wait listed the 3rd (all the same member # and contract) - WL came thru so I asked that the 2 ressies be combined - I verified that I would now have 1 reservation for 3 nights with 1 reservation# - checked a few days later and they had combined into 1 reservation but had dropped the second night of my original 2 day reservation- luckily, the dropped day was still available so I grabbed it but I’m very nervous about calling back to ask for the continued stay again - really wish MS could go back to being able to link/combine instead of filling out a form for someone else to do.

I am so sorry this happened to you and hope they can help you out in some way.

That is absolutely awful and infuriating!! And so close, its not like it was 2 weeks after you booked and they said ooh the inventory was wrong. Im so sorry. I hope you still have a good birthday. Sending lots of pixie dust.

Aww..that is terrible. So long to wait in anticipation and then to have that happen. Hopefully they can help you out and make it right. :sad1:

Sorry this happened to you. I hope they can find a way to make this right for you.

I was suppose to call to link two nights at BCV , now you make me nervous. I think I will ask when we will be there . Better to change room than not have one.... Pixie dust your way.

I was suppose to call to link two nights at BCV , now you make me nervous. I think I will ask when we will be there . Better to change room than not have one.... Pixie dust your way.

Id still call and have them linked ahead of time because I am not sure what the OP having two nights really had to do with it.

The only reason to cancel this is if the room has an issue..or an issue with the resort area arojnd it..and can’t be used

While The CM mentioned that, I can’t see that stopping them from canceling the night. If it did, then it shouldn’t be canceled at all.

This week I emailed them to connect two nights at BWV for later this month. They connected them yesterday and sent me the reservation.

OP, I'm really sorry for the problem you are having with your reservations. I hope they can get this fixed with a satisfactory resolution.

This is very strange. In the past when I have tried to get 2 reservations from 2 different contracts (different UY's) linked together at VGC and I was told there was no way- no how they could link them. This is something that is quite commonly done at WDW DVC resorts, but member services always does it. They always say--it's only a request which may not be granted and you still have to check out and check back in (and there are still 2 reservations--they just make a note in each reservation).

The reason I link reservations is because I want to stay in the same room and not have to move. But, as noted there are only two 3-bedrooms at VGC and each room has its own booking category (IIRC the accessible 3-bedroom is the one that faces paradise pier and the other 3 BR faces the pool). So, if booked in the same booking category--it would by default be the same room. If they were going to do anything, I would think they would just make a note in each reservation.

Who did you contact at the Grand Cal? I didn't think they (Grand Cal) could cancel a reservation except last minute and when member services was closed? (I always get referred back to member services). Unless as Sandisw mentioned, there is another reason such as the room is being taken out of inventory for some reason. (But, I think it is strange to be taken out of inventory 10 days in advance--unless it was a scheduled refurbishment--which I didn't think started this year?)

Did the reservation disappear from your dashboard?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter