DVC cancelled my 11th month reservation..

OP, I'm really sorry for the problem you are having with your reservations. I hope they can get this fixed with a satisfactory resolution.

This is very strange. In the past when I have tried to get 2 reservations from 2 different contracts (different UY's) linked together at VGC and I was told there was no way- no how they could link them. This is something that is quite commonly done at WDW DVC resorts, but member services always does it. They always say--it's only a request which may not be granted and you still have to check out and check back in (and there are still 2 reservations--they just make a note in each reservation).

The reason I link reservations is because I want to stay in the same room and not have to move. But, as noted there are only two 3-bedrooms at VGC and each room has its own booking category (IIRC the accessible 3-bedroom is the one that faces paradise pier and the other 3 BR faces the pool). So, if booked in the same booking category--it would by default be the same room. If they were going to do anything, I would think they would just make a note in each reservation.

Who did you contact at the Grand Cal? I didn't think they (Grand Cal) could cancel a reservation except last minute and when member services was closed? (I always get referred back to member services). Unless as Sandisw mentioned, there is another reason such as the room is being taken out of inventory for some reason. (But, I think it is strange to be taken out of inventory 10 days in advance--unless it was a scheduled refurbishment--which I didn't think started this year?)

Did the reservation disappear from your dashboard?
The room is still in my reservation. The 2 night stay is scheduled for this coming weekend checking in on Sunday. They could not confirm the reason why but told me that they are honoring my second reservation which is for Monday. ?? So it’s a cancellation for Sunday only. They also informed me that the other room was being used for the week. My Gut tells me that the guest that is using the room booked through Sunday ? Or double booked it on Sunday. IDK- my head is spinning. Meanwhile I’m sitting on pins and needles waiting for. Monday when the hotel’s department that deals with this opens to try to get a solution. Argh!

What a mess! What if you wouldn't have called? Would you just not have found out until you arrived? I am so confused. There is definitely shenanigans going on. Best of luck, I hope it shakes out in your favor.

The room is still in my reservation. The 2 night stay is scheduled for this coming weekend checking in on Sunday. They could not confirm the reason why but told me that they are honoring my second reservation which is for Monday. ?? So it’s a cancellation for Sunday only. They also informed me that the other room was being used for the week. My Gut tells me that the guest that is using the room booked through Sunday ? Or double booked it on Sunday. IDK- my head is spinning. Meanwhile I’m sitting on pins and needles waiting for. Monday when the hotel’s department that deals with this opens to try to get a solution. Argh!

It sounds to me like it’s a double booking for Sunday because it can’t be an issue with the room if you can get in there Monday.

I wonder if by the other room they meant the other Villa…didn’t you mention there are two?

It does sound like when they knew there was a double booking, they saw your one night vs, the other person who would be there for the week and it would make sense

Doesn’t change the fact that there seem to be a lot of VGC booking issues recently. Hope they find an acceptable solution.

It does sound like when they knew there was a double booking, they saw your one night vs, the other person who would be there for the week and it would make sense

But, OP is an owner and booked at T-11 months. It seems even more bizzare that if the other party also booked 11 months out that they are just discovering a double booking now. (If so-Holy cats-what a mess!)

But, OP is an owner and booked at T-11 months. It seems even more bizzare that if the other party also booked 11 months out that they are just discovering a double booking now. (If so-Holy cats-what a mess!)

That is why I said it’s been a real mess for VGC.

The only thing I can think of is wasn’t noticed until the room assigners went to assign rooms and after doing the party that arrives before Sunday realized they had 3 parties for 2 rooms on Sunday.

Honestly, I do not think the linking would have prevented it. I think they simply canceled the Sunday for OP because the other owner will have been in the room for days.

If That is the case, it’d be impossible to get those people to relocate for their last night.

I just hope they figure it out for OP and I’d be expecting some level of compensation for extra good with no kitchen facilities.

To the OP: I would be in touch with member services and get them to figure out which member booked this room first, even if it just within few seconds. The bookings should be held by priority of the booking. If you were the owner who ended up booking the room which resulted in double booking, then they should find other accommodations for you that are suitable because of this really bad mistake. But if your booking was made before the others, then your reservation should be honoured, they must be able to resolve this. Otherwise, your guests should all be accommodated in suitable rooms and because you won't have a kitchen, at least some of your meals should comped. Really outrageous, I would be very upset and would be with managers at DVC finding out this information above about booking timings online.

To the OP: I would be in touch with member services and get them to figure out which member booked this room first, even if it just within few seconds. The bookings should be held by priority of the booking. If you were the owner who ended up booking the room which resulted in double booking, then they should find other accommodations for you that are suitable because of this really bad mistake. But if your booking was made before the others, then your reservation should be honoured, they must be able to resolve this. Otherwise, your guests should all be accommodated in suitable rooms and because you won't have a kitchen, at least some of your meals should comped. Really outrageous, I would be very upset and would be with managers at DVC finding out this information above about booking timings online.
Thank you. I’m gonna take your advice

That is why I said it’s been a real mess for VGC.

The only thing I can think of is wasn’t noticed until the room assigners went to assign rooms and after doing the party that arrives before Sunday realized they had 3 parties for 2 rooms on Sunday.

Honestly, I do not think the linking would have prevented it. I think they simply canceled the Sunday for OP because the other owner will have been in the room for days.

If That is the case, it’d be impossible to get those people to relocate for their last night.

I just hope they figure it out for OP and I’d be expecting some level of compensation for extra good with no kitchen facilities.
Quite honestly what they were offering me was disappointing. They were offering a 2bedroom minus the points Or to cancel the reservation all together with points being returned to their original UY. They expire end of month and can’t be banked! That’s 94 points! The rest of the month is booked in every room type. I would settle for room for 12 in hotel side for 2 rooms and concierge lounge. That would be settling but I would be more than happy with this. The 94 points going rate at $18 Is $1,600 give or take. I hope I’m not being entitled but this is embarrassing after sending out invitations, receiving RSVPs and making park reservations. Now the first night is all in the air. I fell terrible for my guest who were excited to stay at The Grand, have dinner then go to the park.

Quite honestly what they were offering me was disappointing. They were offering a 2bedroom minus the points Or to cancel the reservation all together with points being returned to their original UY. They expire end of month and can’t be banked! That’s 94 points! The rest of the month is booked in every room type. I would settle for room for 12 in hotel side for 2 rooms and concierge lounge. That would be settling but I would be more than happy with this. The 94 points going rate at $18 Is $1,600 give or take. I hope I’m not being entitled but this is embarrassing after sending out invitations, receiving RSVPs and making park reservations. Now the first night is all in the air. I fell terrible for my guest who were excited to stay at The Grand, have dinner then go to the park.

I don’t think you are being entitled because this is not something that is an emergency like can happen.

It sounds like double booking. Please keep us posted!

Good luck- the old Disney would have made it right and provided you 2 two bedrooms (or enough rooms on the hotel side plus comp’ed you somehow). I they do right by you- let us know what happened and

happy birthday and valentinea day!

following along -- I hope they were able to provide adequate compensation in some form.

Regarding expiring points -- they should have ways of extending points in some form or fashion given that THEY are the ones that messed this whole thing up. At a minimum, they should be able to transfer points from THEIR own allotment to offset your lost points.

Oh, my, goodness. This is terrible. I sure hope they will be able to fix their mistake.

UPDATE: I am happy to report that the Grand has provided us with some pixie dust and peace of mind. On our way to make this coming weekend magical. Thank you everyone for your guidance and support and most of all your prayers. We Love our community.

so happy for you!!! Maybe the old Disney hasn’t died!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter