DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

FE Notification Question

To all FE participants:

We are now at 15 cabins for the DIS FE group. I was thinking that we would split into multiple groups at 16. Before we do this, could you let me know if you would want to be in multiple groups (I have heard from a couple of you on this already).

Basically, if you are in multiple groups, you would exchange with all members of the groups you are in. However, if there are others in both groups, you would only still need to exchange with them once. If you are only in a single group, you would just exchange with those in that group.

Last, what to call the groups? I like to use fun names for the groups, so I am open to suggestions. For our SWDAS cruise last year, we had a "Hoth" and a "Tatooine" group. I was thinking that for this cruise, since it's a DVC member cruise, we could use some of the properties or terms specific to the DVC program. I was thinking for 2 groups, we could use something like Shadow (after the HHI mascot) and Sea Turtle (after VB) groups. (Disclaimer: I know these may not be the best, so I am open to ideas if you want to name the groups!)

FE Notification Question

To all FE participants:

We are now at 15 cabins for the DIS FE group. I was thinking that we would split into multiple groups at 16. Before we do this, could you let me know if you would want to be in multiple groups (I have heard from a couple of you on this already).

Basically, if you are in multiple groups, you would exchange with all members of the groups you are in. However, if there are others in both groups, you would only still need to exchange with them once. If you are only in a single group, you would just exchange with those in that group.

Last, what to call the groups? I like to use fun names for the groups, so I am open to suggestions. For our SWDAS cruise last year, we had a "Hoth" and a "Tatooine" group. I was thinking that for this cruise, since it's a DVC member cruise, we could use some of the properties or terms specific to the DVC program. I was thinking for 2 groups, we could use something like Shadow (after the HHI mascot) and Sea Turtle (after VB) groups. (Disclaimer: I know these may not be the best, so I am open to ideas if you want to name the groups!)

I would do one group.

Thanks,
Dawn

one group for us, please

welcome home and your trip sounds like it was AMAZING!!

I can't help but be jealous because we've have nothing but 12"+ snowfall for four straight Wednesdays this month. What a terrible year to move out of an apartment building and into my own home (I had forgotten what it was like to shovel snow, clear off a car and dig out a driveway. Oh wait, I've never had to do that until THIS YEAR!).

FISH EXTENDER GROUP ----
We would just be in one group - since we are also doing the candy exchange. I think keeping the group to 15 or less sounds like a good idea - splitting at 16 or greater. We are new to fish extender fun and will really go along with whatever the group decides.

Hi, we are on this cruise. It is myself, husband, Sean, my 21 yr old son and his girlfriend Maddie. This will be my 29 th Disney Cruise and our second member cruise.
:welcome:

29th! Do you have a favorite itinerary?? For me, I would have hard time choosing between EBTA and WBPC.

Anybody else having issues with the DCL website not letting you book? Keep getting the "We're working on it" with the 7 dwarves when I try to book anything...

So, 51 minutes after the booking window opened, I finally got in. All Cabanas are gone. We were able to snag a Palo Brunch on the Sea Day...

Very disappointing in Disney IT...

When will the final cutoff be made for the FE groups? We would like to join both FE groups. Last year was our first FE experience and it was great. I went with the SMALL criteria and it seems that was not totally accurate. Still, my gift this year will not be large or heavy. Tease ! I was pleased at the creativity of the gifts. This is such a fun activity that extends the fun of planning the cruise. Looking forward to this cruise.

So, 51 minutes after the booking window opened, I finally got in. All Cabanas are gone. We were able to snag a Palo Brunch on the Sea Day...

Very disappointing in Disney IT...

I got in at 12:03 and all the cabanas were gone--ALL of them, both days. I find it hard to believe concierge passengers booked them all. I'm sure there are Disney execs on this cruise as well as special guests who got them prior to 120 days. No doubt that's why there was no chance for the rest of us.

I only wanted Palo dinner. I wish Pirate Night was announced, because that’s our preferred night.

Has anyone found out what night Pirate night will be? We want to book Palo for any night other than pirate night (we have costumes)

I got in at 12:03 and all the cabanas were gone--ALL of them, both days. I find it hard to believe concierge passengers booked them all. I'm sure there are Disney execs on this cruise as well as special guests who got them prior to 120 days. No doubt that's why there was no chance for the rest of us.
By the way, I went in to book the Wild Side Teen excursion for our daughter this morning... and the booking engine is still down...

That could very well be. Also, if they let concierge guests double book both days, that could have happened as well.

When will the final cutoff be made for the FE groups? We would like to join both FE groups. Last year was our first FE experience and it was great. I went with the SMALL criteria and it seems that was not totally accurate. Still, my gift this year will not be large or heavy. Tease ! I was pleased at the creativity of the gifts. This is such a fun activity that extends the fun of planning the cruise. Looking forward to this cruise.
So, I've been thinking about this. We are now about 120ish days out. I was thinking that we could cut off the groups at say April 30? We could create a latecomers group for those that come after that time.

As to FE gifts, I am in the camp of not prescribing one way or the other as to what people do. This is supposed to be a fun thing for people to do, not something to induce stress! We had a nice lady on our SWDAS cruise last year make all of these cool coasters for the cruise. So, when she got to MCO, she found out that they had all been broken in transit. So, she puts $20 in each FE! We tracked her down and gave the money back to her. I told her it's the spirit of the thing, NOT what you actually get. But she was so stressed about it. This should be for FUN, not to induce stress!

:welcome:

29th! Do you have a favorite itinerary?? For me, I would have hard time choosing between EBTA and WBPC.
We have only done things on the east coast while my son was in school, finished up in Dec. we are more about the entertainment and the cast member interaction than the destination. We hope to do a repositioning cruise in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter