DVC Merch and Resale Members

So...are all DVC pins only for direct members? Or just specific ones?

We bought some at the shop at Wilderness Lodge in January and they didn't ask us to prove we were DVC members at all. (Here's what we purchased - https://www.instagram.com/disneypinsblog/p/C2alsKVuzVo/ )

We didn't get a DVC discount, of course. Just the Disney Visa discount.
We were actually looking at that one as well. The one we actually got they said was last year's version of that same pin. So I imagine they would have made a stink about us buying that one as well. Maybe even more so

Off topic, but I heard some reports that there's no longer a $50 minimum requirement for the Disney visa discount. Is that true?

I'm not sure about this. We didn't actually ask about a discount most places because I was never sure if we needed to spend a certain amount or not. I noticed sometimes we'd get it and sometimes not. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

Accurate about her claims - but they could also be true.
Well, if they are true, then she has the most incredible luck. If we are to believe her claims, just about every person she tells (she's never admitted to anyone NOT getting a pass), goes to GS, and successfully purchases a Sorcerer Pass. Except, we also know (directly from people who have reported it here) that a great many people (more than 50%) have been denied the ability to purchase the pass, either online with in-person verification at GS, or simply in-person at GS. Close to 100% success versus less than 50%. You tell me.

I've only done it this one time, but it did seem very easy. One for one so far. He just asked if we wanted the sorcerer's pass and boom, done

Our pals who just bought resale got Sorcerer passes too. I told them there was no way they would get them, but they called, and asked, and didn't lie but answered honestly that they were resale, and got them anyway.

So is this really true? You have to be a DVC direct member to buy DVC merchandise at full price?
Well if they got the sorcerer pass they could just use the AP discount at that point…..

Our pals who just bought resale got Sorcerer passes too. I told them there was no way they would get them, but they called, and asked, and didn't lie but answered honestly that they were resale, and got them anyway.

So is this really true? You have to be a DVC direct member to buy DVC merchandise at full price?
Have they activated it yet and used? It seems there are more reports of people needing to go to GS to show the DVC card proving eligibility.

if not, it will be interesting to see if they run into any problems.

Have they activated it yet and used? It seems there are more reports of people needing to go to GS to show the DVC card proving eligibility.

We had to go to guest services last year to activate.

We used ours for the next 2 days after we upgraded already with no problems (just had to ride Cosmic Rewind 2 more times on our transfer day lol). The person upgrading our tickets didn't even check our DVC membership info, so I guess he could see it in the computer just not whether it was a Y or N membership? So if we had upgraded beforehand and they let us get the Sorcerer's pass they may have required us to prove our eligibility on the first day we tried to use them? That would be rough

We used ours for the next 2 days after we upgraded already with no problems (just had to ride Cosmic Rewind 2 more times on our transfer day lol). The person upgrading our tickets didn't even check our DVC membership info, so I guess he could see it in the computer just not whether it was a Y or N membership? So if we had upgraded beforehand and they let us get the Sorcerer's pass they may have required us to prove our eligibility on the first day we tried to use them? That would be rough

If you upgraded in person, it was activated right away and you were pixiedusted thst they gave you that and didn’t even ask for your DVC info.

I was told that the computer will show the DVC Y or ND…but, like everything, sometimes the CMs do grant magic!

Beyond petty. Just how low will DVC sink..?
Maybe they think some would get tired of the second-class treatments and fork over the cash for some direct points? I personally would just dump my DVC points if it gets bad enough. I have zero interest to pay direct prices.

LAX

If you upgraded in person, it was activated right away and you were pixiedusted thst they gave you that and didn’t even ask for your DVC info.

I was told that the computer will show the DVC Y or ND…but, like everything, sometimes the CMs do grant magic!
My friends have not activated the passes yet. I will report back if they encounter any issues.

There is someone on FB who reports consistently being able to renew her AP despite being resale (and CM knowing she is resale). Idk. Maybe she’s just consistently lucky.
Why would ANYONE do this? It is a direct perk which is well known and written. If a resale member is able to get it, do not advertise it? Rule number one of fight club applies.

There is someone on FB who reports consistently being able to renew her AP despite being resale (and CM knowing she is resale). Idk. Maybe she’s just consistently lucky.
Or she owns resale from before the restriction went into effect. Or she's lying. Those are more likely scenarios than "just lucky."

It was pretty easy when we upgraded our tickets, but we only have done it once. No idea if it will be that easy if we try to do it again before becoming direct members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter