DVC Platinum Pass Exchange

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
We currently have DVC Platinum Pass Exchange and plan on visiting Disney World in June. I've been reading some inconsistent info so hoping there are those with recent experiences who can provide updated info! I'm assuming the Platinum Pass will be converted to the Incredi-Pass? Will they still allow us to redeem for the Incredi-Pass even if Incredi-Pass is not currently being sold? Also, Platinum Pass used to include PhotoPass but the current passes do not. Will they honor it and include the PhotoPass for free at time of activation? Thank you!!

Our Platinum passes expire end of April and when I called to renew we were offered Sorcerer or Incredi-pass as options with DVC discount.
photo pass is no longer included with any pass 😔

We currently have DVC Platinum Pass Exchange and plan on visiting Disney World in June. I've been reading some inconsistent info so hoping there are those with recent experiences who can provide updated info! I'm assuming the Platinum Pass will be converted to the Incredi-Pass? Will they still allow us to redeem for the Incredi-Pass even if Incredi-Pass is not currently being sold? Also, Platinum Pass used to include PhotoPass but the current passes do not. Will they honor it and include the PhotoPass for free at time of activation? Thank you!!
Since you purchased the certificate while they were still selling Platinum Passes they should activate it as Incredi-pass + "free" photopass for the first year. That is what they did for us at the end of December.

Any pre-existing "old" style annual pass will get photo pass added at no charge. Any new renewal or pass (when they start selling them again) can add photo-pass for the year for about $100. At least that is what I was told in November when my Gold pass activated as a Sorcerer's pass. If that is true, I will continue to use the Photo pass option when I renew.

Any pre-existing "old" style annual pass will get photo pass added at no charge. Any new renewal or pass (when they start selling them again) can add photo-pass for the year for about $100. At least that is what I was told in November when my Gold pass activated as a Sorcerer's pass. If that is true, I will continue to use the Photo pass option when I renew.
Correct about the Photo download add-on option. On renewals, the price is discounted by about 15%. If you have multiple family members with annual passes, only one of them need the photo download option on their pass.

There is also a Water Park add-on available which is the same price.

That is correct, any renewals going forward (that don't have an old DVC Certificate attached) would pay the $100 for PhotoPass. It was "free" for us because we had the certificate. Also, remember if you typically go with the same people that only one of you needs to do the $100 option for PhotoPass.

Since you purchased the certificate while they were still selling Platinum Passes they should activate it as Incredi-pass + "free" photopass for the first year. That is what they did for us at the end of December.
This is what happened with us when we renewed as well - we got really lucky with the timing - got a partial refund for our 2019-2020 passes, then renewed as soon as we could. Then - in order to make park passes for our most recent trip, we renewed early, just before they announced the new AP structure.

Yes they will convert to incredi-pass with memory maker. Note that if you have other AP vouchers they get converted too (my remaining platinum vouchers are now incredipass vouchers) and show an expiry one year from the date they were converted. I was verbally assured they’ll still be honoured but that expiry is a little nerve wracking. My old platinums expired in 2030 but they couldn’t/wouldn’t change the date or convert them back.

While I have the DVC Platinum Pass Exchange (before we convert/activate), I can only make up to 4 park reservations at one time?

I think I may have figured it out... looks like it since I am only staying for 3 nights, it only allowed me up to 4 park reservations...

Our Platinum passes expire end of April and when I called to renew we were offered Sorcerer or Incredi-pass as options with DVC discount.
photo pass is no longer included with any pass 😔

There is no longer a DVC or Florida Resident discount on Incredipass. You’ll see a large increase if you go with Incredipass.

I think I may have figured it out... looks like it since I am only staying for 3 nights, it only allowed me up to 4 park reservations...
You get length of stay if on property plus the additional five for your AP. If you booked three nights you can make up to 8 park passes.

Last edited:
It's actually 9.

A 3 night resort stay lets you do 4 since you can get them for check in and check out plus the two days in the middle. Then the additional 5 AP reservations.
You’re correct, I shouldn’t post at 3 am. :rotfl2:

Didn't realize there's a separate bucket for the pass (5) and the hotel reservations - thank you all for clarifying!!

Didn't realize there's a separate bucket for the pass (5) and the hotel reservations - thank you all for clarifying!!
It didn't used to be that way but when they switched to the new confusing naming scheme of APs they released a new reservation system.

We are at WDW now and just did this two days ago. We got Sorcerer's pass with Memory Maker.

I know this is an old thread but I have a Platinum Pass renewal exchange voucher and I’m FINALLY going to Disney World next month since getting that voucher. It has a 2099 expiration date so they should honor it, right? It allowed me to make park reservations but I’m nervous to find out what they will tell me. I can’t get a straight hit answer when I call Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter