DVC point price rises...and again soon?

Jaga

Earning My Ears
I think I have seen it on the board before but cannot find the information under the search function.

Please can someone enlighten me about the price rises over the last 3 years. Price rises appear to be happening more frequently and at steeper % which reflects whatever the market will bear, as DVC remains extremely succesful.

In particular I am interested in the price increases at the time of BWV opening sales and VWL. Was the increase greater than normal to reflect the opening of a new resort?

I have been told by DVC sales.....twice in the last 2 months......that BCV will start at $80-$85 and VEP at $100. Does this follow the historical trend?

Would anyone like to hazard a guess when prices will increase again...given the reports of a US recession? With BCV ( early 2002? ) or before?

Thanks for the insight

Jaga

I can give you a quick recap based on info I collected here a few months ago (leaving out some of the interim increases in the early years).

Pre-opening of Disney Vacation Club price was $48
10/1991 DVC aka OKW opens at $51
By July 1995 the price was $62.75
Vero opened in October 1995
HHI opened in November 1996
1998 WLV is announced
January 1999 the price is $65
May 2000 the price is $67
November 2000 WLV opens (sales start in December at $72)
January 2001 price for all DVC is $72
March 2001 announce price increase to $75 to begin in June.

I would expect to see another increase before long and can forsee the price being $80-$85 for BCV and possibly even $100 for the new resort. From June 2000 to June 2001 the price increased 12%. A 12% increase from June 2001 to June 2002 will be $84 per point. At that rate, June 2003 would be $94 and June 2004 $105.

So far, the lagging economy has not effected DVC sales. The recent increases have been larger and more often than ever before in DVC history....and the public has swallowed it. WLV is selling out very fast despite the increases.

Thanks Pam OKW and BillPA ..and Caskbill for the useful table.

Seems like DVC was hibernating from March 95 $62 pp until Jan 99 $65 pp. Was this Jan rise related to BWV opening? Since Jan 99 things have spiralled upwards.....

On the recent information we should expect the next price hike for BCV. Anyone disagree?

Thanks again

My husband and I are seriously thinking on making the big jump. We took the tour. (just got back last night from OKW) re:the first post on this thread, what is "VEP"?~Suz

Was this Jan rise related to BWV opening?

BWV opened in summer, 1996- so the '99 increase probably wasn't related.

HHI opened in March, 1996.

Suz: VEP is the just announced Villas at Eagle pines. A golf course DVC resort. It is due to open in 2004.

I assume you're trying to anticipate the cost for BC and possibly EP. If so, I'd personally assume that the price will increase to $80-82 by the time BC starts selling and likely $88-90 by the time EP starts selling. I'd anticipate a price increase to about $77-78 pp within the next 2-3 months if WLV hasn't sold out before they can implement it.

Seems like DVC was hibernating from March 95 $62 pp until Jan 99 $65 pp. Was this Jan rise related to BWV opening? Since Jan 99 things have spiralled upwards

Wasn't it around Jan 99 that OKW sold out (the first time)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter