DVC Retirement Community?

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
Well, I can't tell you how many times I chuckle when the 15 year extension for OKW is brought up. I will most likely be pushing up daisies by that time.

But, it has me thinking now... How about taking a resort such as OKW and turning it into an elderly retirement community? There certainly will be a plentiful amount of DVC'ers over the age of retirement at that point.

Wouldn't it be fun to move into OKW and spend your golden years enjoying the amenities of a DVC resort? We could play cards, have drinks, and soak our achy joints in the hot tubs, LOL!

Anyone else see the merits of this retirement fantasy? LOL!

How many points would I need to buy in order to stay at OKW for the entire year in a 1-BR?

:thumbsup2 I was already planning on retiring to Orlando and working in the parks anyway. Might as well stay at DVC.

I understand the charm of OKW, but I'll be at a sister resort, VWL!
Bobbi:goodvibes

They'll have to install those chair glide things up to the third floor so all of us can get up to our rooms.

Maybe they'll just make the "new" buildings (62,63,64??) into Senior Citizens housing since there are already elevators in those........

Then we can use our wheelchairs and/or power scooters!

:rotfl2:

am sure i heard that there is a elderly couple who do this now
Paulh

Here is what I just said on another thread! We will be there right with you!!!

Long live white-haired groupies!!!​

mooseF.gif

How many points would I need to buy in order to stay at OKW for the entire year in a 1-BR?

It varies year to year because of the way weekend/weekdays fall within the various DVC seasons. Also, 2008, 2012 etc are leap years and have an extra day.

DVC-Planner reports these quantities.

2007: 10,317 points
2008: 10,341 points
2009: 10,311 points
2010: 10,358 points
2011: 10,358 points
2012: 10,337 points

and so on...

The possibilities are endless!!

Just imagine a "senior resident" dining plan!

How about special WDW tour programs for seniors behind the scenes? Since we would be slower, it would have to be a longer tour, lol.

In addition to a DVC Member Cruise, how about a Senior Resident DVC Cruise?

Life begins at 70! or 80 or 90....LOL!

Now this might make me buy those additional 15 years at OKW...in case they have more miracle drugs by then, lol.

It varies year to year because of the way weekend/weekdays fall within the various DVC seasons. Also, 2008, 2012 etc are leap years and have an extra day.

DVC-Planner reports these quantities.

2007: 10,317 points
2008: 10,341 points
2009: 10,311 points
2010: 10,358 points
2011: 10,358 points
2012: 10,337 points

and so on...

Lets see. Is that for a studio or a 1 bedroom??:lmao:

I will never forget the friend visiting me at VWL one year. She asked if it remained empty when I was not in it.:rotfl2:

Why not make the community hall a crematorium, and turn the LBV golf course into a cemetary? One stop shopping. You get two burial plots for every occupied villa! The view of the cemetary especially will give the old folks something to look forward to.

Send me those papers -- I'm ready to sign now!! If anything would convince DH to take early retirement this would be it!!

LOL!! Maybe a few of those graves at the Haunted Mansion could be converted to real ones!

Crematorium is a good idea. Then maybe there can be all kinds of packages for spreading around the ashes - perhaps into the 7 Seas Lagoon, or some select Animal Kingdom spots.

What is a good age for early retirement? Maybe 55?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter