DVC Retirement Community?

Here lies a man
happy as can be.
It was all because
he bought in DVC!

:laughing: :laughing: Love it :) :)

Count me in too - but as a Brit I'm subject to the 90 day stay - wouldn't want a Florida summer in any case!

Wouldn't it be fun to move into OKW and spend your golden years enjoying the amenities of a DVC resort? We could play cards, have drinks, and soak our achy joints in the hot tubs, LOL!
I'm going to have a few drinks at Gurgling Suitcase, then I won't even feel my achy joints. Throw in a few games of Goofy Bingo and I'm there!

You know its funny you mention this. Our company works for a local retirement community here in our town, and on spring and fall days it reminds me so much of being at OKW, not in a bad way though. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling:goodvibes

As many of you know, with my background, I have connections and can get custom DVC caskets for the DVC burial plots.

Let's see:

1. Special DVC Cap Panel design. Original buyers could get the original 3-mountain design. Those who purchased later get the 2-mountain design.
2. We could have special corners. Maybe a design for each DVC resort. You could have up to 4 home resort corners on your casket.
3. Special materials: Wood caskets for owners at VWL, SSR, AKV, GCV. Metal caskets for owners at the other resorts.
4. Special interior cloth colors. It would be based on which DVC season you most often vacation in. That DVC season color would be your casket interior cloth colors. Members who are also very active here on the DISboards, could have a lime green pillow!
5. Special beds (yes caskets have a bed (sort of) in them). A fold out bed design for those who always stayed in Studios. An innerspring bed design for those who always got 1-b/r or larger units.
6. Many *Batesville(c) Caskets have a patented "memory safe drawer" where memorabilia can be placed in the casket. (I'm one of the patent holders). DVC memorabilia could include resort pins, drink coasters, Member Mixer door gifts, DVC Vacation plan printouts (as printed out by DVC-Planner, of course), and so on.

And the list goes on......

* Batesville Casket company. I retired from there as an engineer.

As many of you know, with my background, I have connections and can get custom DVC caskets for the DVC burial plots.

NO WAY!

And you know why I say that? Well, taking into account the present "discussion" of OKW, I could just see the sales pitch now:

"Hello. This is the DVC casket company. As you know, we buried your loved one several years ago and the casket is good until the year 2065. However, if you wish, you may purchase an extension of the casket for an additional 23 years. If you do not want the extension, you will have to sign over the rights to the casket to us..." :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Right, and we'll all be calling day by day, hoping that we don't get locked out of our home for a few nights every year. I can see it now, we're thrown out so someone can stay for a day or so.

NO WAY!

And you know why I say that? Well, taking into account the present "discussion" of OKW, I could just see the sales pitch now:

"Hello. This is the DVC casket company. As you know, we buried your loved one several years ago and the casket is good until the year 2065. However, if you wish, you may purchase an extension of the casket for an additional 23 years. If you do not want the extension, you will have to sign over the rights to the casket to us..." :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I am so lolololol! This thread has just been a wealth of information LOL!

CASKbill - omg I had no idea! I'll take the 3 mountain design, lol.

I am signing over the casket rights though...why do I want an extra 23 years in it?!? LOL!

just think they would have to restripe the whole resort parking blue. for us handicapped. funny stuff.

I would like to see an ECV/wheelchair rental at each of the OKW pools, too. Of course, we will have to get rid of those "No Outlet" signs, lol.

just think they would have to restripe the whole resort parking blue. for us handicapped. funny stuff.

Will there be the standard parking spot along with preferred parking spots for a few more points?

I would like to see an ECV/wheelchair rental at each of the OKW pools, too. Of course, we will have to get rid of those "No Outlet" signs, lol.

Won't they need to make all of the pools zero-entry pools so we can all just roll ourselves in?

LOL!! Sure, we can request better parking spots for points. How about preferred view spots? Golf course might be nice...

I think we will have to stock the pools with arm floaties so we all can bob around without drowning, too.

how do you unsubscribe from a thread LOL

at any rate in 2042 I will be 91 yrs old

Go to User CP. It will give you the current threads you have subscribed to (posted to or just signed up to get). You can unsubscribe there by clicking on Unsubscribe just under the name of the thread.

The possibilities are endless!!

Just imagine a "senior resident" dining plan!

This would make for an easy menu:

Oatmeal
Strained peas
Milk toast
Metamucil

And Prune Whoopie for dessert!!!!

Oh yes, and movie night by the pool featuring Matlock

Maybe we could get Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney to stop by and put on a show. They'd fit right in.

Deb to Bill out at the pool: "What happened to the good old music we used to listen to, Bill. Like the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Iron Butterfly. That new stuff is just noise."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter